Success Stories

Options
WestieBestie84
WestieBestie84 Posts: 42 Member
i have gone away and been naughty again. Read to come back and try again but would like to know people's success stores so give me some motivation.

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I'm back too!! Following this lol. Although I did awesome the first round. 7kgs in two months!
    I start my first fast tomorrow! Yay for being back on track
  • nakaiki
    nakaiki Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have lost a little over 35 lbs. in just under 6 months; although my scale may tell me something different tomorrow after eating pizza AND an ice cream cone today.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I
    I've been using 5:2 since May 2013. I lost 28kg by June 2014. Still have a couple of kilos to lose, but I have maintained within a few kg since then.

My fasts in the last year were often less then perfect. Lots of emotional stuff and two corrective surgeries in this last year. Thus I'm very happy I've been able to use 5:2 as my tool for maintaining.

My profile pic tells the story. May 2013 /2014 / 2015. I'm in for life B)
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Omfg flumi!! I am all about your awesomeness!!! I love your profile picture!!!!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I lost 1 kg/week in active dieting period. Lost over 15 kg (scale malfunction). My mongrel protocol are stacked methods: 5:2, 16:8 or 14:10 (roughly) and LCHF macros. I've maintained scale weight since ca November 2014 (within normal fluctuations). But have recomped body from a size L-XL down to S-XS. My goal skinny jeans that were too tight with a bulge in January, fit perfectly with no bulge sometime in April/May. I exercise a lot, though, which adds to beneficiary hormonal responses in body.

I've only done occasional 5:2 FD during maintenance. BUT, I know that 5:2 is the only thing that works for ME to shift scale weight. There's still about 2 kg of very stubborn fat on belly and back, that I plan to get rid of with 5:2.

Good luck and welcome back :)
  • mominstands
    mominstands Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post and the inspiring stories. I'm only on starting week four of 5:2 & I've seen some success. I want to stay inspired and lose more weight and inches!
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I left the overweight category and reached the midpoint of my BMI over a year ago. I still use the 5:2 strategy, often switching to 4:3 although my calorie intake has exceeded the recommended fasting guidelines from time to time. I am maintaining at this point and am happy with my results. I never had long term success before trying 5:2 so I am very grateful to have found a method that works for me.
  • WestieBestie84
    WestieBestie84 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - keep them coming :) xx
  • dorriemochan
    dorriemochan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! Well done everyone, this is really motivating.
  • Runningnorth
    Runningnorth Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    After being on a plateau for a year, as well as injured, I tried 5:2 two months ago. I am down 16 pounds almost at my before kids weight. I don't always stick to my 500 calories closely but I run about 4 days a week 5 km and do weights so I think it balances out. This program worked great for me. I am much more tuned into feeling full which was an issue after breast feeding for so long. My appetite was wonkie but now is back to normal.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    You make such a good point that I've found as well - I've found that I'm also more attuned to feeling full and when I really feel hungry. I attribute that to fasting.
    A
    I am much more tuned into feeling full which was an issue after breast feeding for so long. My appetite was wonkie but now is back to normal.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    kgb6days wrote: »
    You make such a good point that I've found as well - I've found that I'm also more attuned to feeling full and when I really feel hungry. I attribute that to fasting.
    A
    I am much more tuned into feeling full which was an issue after breast feeding for so long. My appetite was wonkie but now is back to normal.

Agree! I find that if I keep overeating to the gills over several days, the tummy "widens" and get used to more and more. When I fast, on the non-FD after fasting, I feel very full much faster. Don't know if this is a physical response to fasting or an increase in hormonal effect. Possibly increased leptin sensitivity. Anyway, it WORKS to get real hunger feeling back on track !
  • flinx1241
    flinx1241 Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Almost 100 lbs down since Aug of 2013 (I do a 4:3 with M, W, F as fasting days - but mainly because I like to just go a little crazy on the weekends). It absolutely works if you stick with it...
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm yet a success story, but I had hit a major plateau - I'm talking about months - and was staying most days at my calorie goal (1200). I started fasting, and the weight really started moving. I'm now within 4 pounds of my goal weight and it has been amazingly easy for me. That's not to say some days I'm "done" with this fasting stuff, but I keep doing it because I feel better and it works! I'm down from 155 to 132, with a goal of 128
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Definitely a success story! :)
  • RegainFiks
    RegainFiks Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    very motivating for us who are getting started, Good job everyone.