Jump into June - Let's Lose Just 1% of our body weight this month!

Options
12346»

Replies

• Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    OWR - we all have those days/weeks/months where life just seems to start piling up stuff on us - we can totally commiserate! Why not cut yourself some slack for July and just pick a small goal that won't seem like a "chore" and that will still give you that satisfaction of knowing you're still working on YOU while you're getting thru the next few months.

Maybe choose something simple, like maybe deciding to have ONE healthy meal or snack every day no matter what... or that you will get in 4 glasses of water every single day no matter what else goes on... or maybe decide you will move yer parts for 10 minutes in some way every day... just something simple that WON'T add any stress and/or time commitments to your world, but will still feel GOOD to know you can still get something in for yourself every day..? Just a "5 degree deal' so to speak? Just a thought - I am working pretty much the next three weeks straight because of the Pan Am Games and other large crowd events going on here in our city; so although I've prepped as much as possible to bring good healthy choices, I also know doo doo occurs and I don't plan to sweat it if things go awry for a meal or a snack here and there.. so that's what I'm gonna do is just make sure every day I do ONE thing that is still helping me get to my goal... hoping that will keep me sane LOL
  • Snooozie
    edited June 2015
    Options
    LMAO! this was SO me tasting each of the icky quinoa recipes I tried LOL

bz4da5oqjqgs.gif
  • Snooozie
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Well it's the last day of June and the last day of our 1% challenge...

I DID IT!! I lost 1.44% of my body weight this month, and thanks to Susan for providing the perfect pic, I am proud to say:

I'm a 1%er LOL! :)

qlr83fs8ltaz.jpg

I'm going to leave it to the group to decide if they want a challenge or a theme for July cause I know its a busy time for lots - i'm going to continue with another 1% goal but will absolutely be in if anyone decides they'd like to initiate some other challenge as well for us!
  • OldWomanRuns
    OldWomanRuns Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    First, let me say, Susan I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis. You and your family are in my thoughts sending strength to bear, peace to accept and patience for all. So sorry!

The 1% has been a good goal to have shot for. Pride went before my big fall. Lost much more than the 1% - gained - lost it - gained it - lost it - sticking around the 2% now. Not counting on the not gaining back thing.

July theme for me will be to tie a knot in the end of this rope and try to hang on and enjoy the ride as much as possible. Throwing a surprise baby shower for my son & DIL this weekend - then he has to be deployed. The next weekend just attending a shower for my daughter - then the next weekend throwing her big bridal shower. Then trying to clear up my office schedule enough to head south to be with DIL giving birth - if little guy waits long enough to be born. July is a Rollercoaster Mega Ride! All wonderful and exciting - but Whoa!!!

Snooozie I super like the idea of just having a small goal -- water is a good one, I can do that one (maybe mixed with somethin somethin?)
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I had a bit of a rollercoaster month with weight loss, losing 6lb between my highest and lowest, but then regaining some then losing a little bit more again (I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this sort of pattern sometime!). However, when I looked at my chart, I have actually lost 2lb since the beginning of the month on my final weigh-in, so I'm going to consider it a success! Congratulations to the rest of you who lost too!

I really liked the 1% goal this month - thank you for that! I'd be happy to carry on with it next month.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Vailara, I think I was on that ride with you!! only not so high. I lost two lbs...but as usual I think I gained it back...so I plan on trying to lose it again next month....I think I am so consistent!! lose it, gain it , lose it, gain it...I know this by heart lol
    m1211.gif
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Thank you dear Hatters for your thoughts and prayers- It looks like all prayers were answered!! I received WONDERFUL news today- My mother had the gold standard of tests today which showed that the CT scan and Sonogram/ultrasound were both incorrect and she does not have cancer. I can not tell you how incredibly relieved my family and I are! I am still heading out to Michigan tomorrow to give her support as she is not returning home but rather being moved to a wonderful assisted living home.

I will be back on the 12th and will be happily rejoining for that 1%. I accomplished it and kept it off for three weeks, but then was so grief stricken this week that I took took much comfort in carbs and cocktails-argh! Gonna do my best to practice portion control while away, but eating out every meal is going to take its tole, so I look forward to returning on the 11th and getting back on plan :) And a BIG congrats to you Snoozie for your succeess!!!! Also, if I read it correctly, OWR, you deserve a huge congrats as well with a 2% loss!!!!!

Thank you again so very much for your support.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    just home after a VERY long day, and couldn't have asked for better news to read in the group than the wonderful info about your moms test results Susan!! I'm sooooooo happy for you and your family!! I know the move will be difficult in itself, but knowing she is SAFE in the AL home can help with the worry part too... safe trip and we'll see ya when you get back!!!!

and..

Susan - you SO get to claim that one percent for having kept it off for three weeks - that's awesome!! And considering what you went thru the past few days, no wonder ya reached for the comfort food - I still find myself unable to break that habit too!

Vail and OWR - huge congrats to both of you as well for an awesome success!!!

Vail - you surpassed your 1% way to goooo!

OWR; ditto, and I honestly think by the sounds of the month you have coming up that just setting the one daily goal of water intake, will give you the satisfaction of knowing you're still working on you, and take any stress off and allow you to enjoy (or get thru anyway LOL) all the showers and births and deployment etc.. so kudos to you!!

Time2: you said you THINK you gained it back.... did you actually check or are u just guestimating? you might not have! Keep in mind tho.. our thoughts become actions.. so maybe instead of saying | I think I am so consistent!! lose it, gain it , lose it, gain it..., perhaps change your thought pattern for July as your goal, and instead think "I am so consistent, I CONTINUE to lose weight!" :) ya never know where our mindset can take us!!! I bet ya didn't gain it bak btw.. betcha $10!

I gotta hit the sack; am off tomorrow (yay) but its our big holiday (Canada Day - like your 4th of July) so everything is closed... including the road by MY lake for parades etc... lol am hoping I can get up early enough before they close it to get a lake walk in!!

Very proud of all of us Hatters for June btw..... honestly think everyone did great!! Nite nite!
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I lost five pounds this month! So I made my 1%+!!! Finally seeing something going in the right direction! Susan, so happy prayers were answered with your mom's diagnosis! What wonderful news! You must be so relieved!

Ok, July, here we come!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Wow, five pounds, Patrice! Congratulations!

That's fantastic news, Susan! What a great way to start July!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Excellent news ,Susan, I know we were all praying it would be an incorrect first diagnosis.

Patrice, Fabulous!! 5 lbs!! that's a lot of duck pond walking !! lol ...just kidding, I know it takes more than that.

Thanks, Snoozie, I will turn it around to sound more positive...but ya'll know most of what I say is almost always "tongue in cheek" kind of talk...I always try to see the humor in all things. I do believe that this is my year to lose...my mindset is different these past few months...

So today is a new month, bring on the losses!!!

Be careful this weekend, July 4th. Have fun, indulge a bit if you need to, then jump right back into it!
    G
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Gail - still got $10 that says you didn't gain it back LOL!!

Patrice!!! omg huge congrats!!! WELL DONE YOU!! doing the happy feet dance for ya!!