Difference between Low Carb and Keto?

Options
grean326
grean326 Posts: 11 Member
Hi All! Can someone give me the % macros for low carb vs keto? I am very confused!

Replies

• centaura57
    centaura57 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just find your height and this chart will give you the right macros for a keto diet. It's the go-to keto OKL chart. Most of us on FB who are doing keto are keeping our carbs at 5%, fat at 70-75% and protein at 20-25%. This chart has you eating higher protein than that, but you really only need about 4-6 ounces of protein a day to preserve muscles. The lower protein also helps for insulin resistant folks who are trying to keep the excess protein from turning into sugars. Just play around with the values on MFP until you get what you're looking for and you should be good to go.

Congrats on your success so far!!!!

96ly8hmdvpuk.jpg
  • geerunz
    geerunz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Centaura57 great chart!
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    good scale, I find I cannot get into ketosis if I go over 20 grams per day, the chat lists me at 41 grams per day, but I guess its differant per person depending on how carb sensative you are, in most keto books they take the carb grams down very very low
  • strongenoughtofly
    strongenoughtofly Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I used the http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ it works pretty well and allows you to adjust your macros but at the same time, it will tell you to stay within a certain ration.