JULY 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    4 mile walk in the drizzly rain. Almost didn't go out, I was lazy all day, then it seemed to be raining harder than it actually was (sounded louder) and I was resigning myself to going to the gym, which besides hating the treadmill, I hate crowds on a holiday weekend. Surprised to find it wasn't heavy rain, so I threw my bag back in the house and hit the great outdoors.

exercise.png

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Took advantage of a day off from work and a break in the rain to finish a local "Freedom 40ish Ride" for Independence Day with a couple of hundred other riders. Adding 43.1 miles!

exercise.png

I will be feeling much older in the morning! :p
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,315 Member
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    @Spreadsheet keepers:Sorry to be a pain but would one of you check my total mileage from June to July. Somehow I lost several hundred miles from last month to this one. I only noticed because I was hoping to break 8000 this month. Thank you kindly in advance.
    You haven't lost anything...when I close out the previous month on the 5th or so, I copy everyone's total miles for the previous month to the current month. Right now it's at whatever the total was on the day I copied last month's page over to the new month's page. I just wait to do that because miles are trickling in and then I only have to do it once.

Funny thing....nobody has ever noticed that I do that before and now TWO of you have this month! :laugh: :drinker: That's awesome! I'll take care of it here in a couple minutes though. :smiley:

Dave
  • darkrider42
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    @sufferlandrian: Heading to PT. No sprint triathlon. Pinched nerve in shoulder blade and the pain runs to my elbow and forearm. I am just trying to keep up on my cycling stamina and get through my half marathon. It stinks getting old...lol.

Truth!

Honey, your not as old as I am! :D:D:D

@sufferlandrian and Just_CeCi: I bet I have you both beat in that department.

Are we going by chronologic age or by how old I feel this morning? :smile:
    That's exactly what I was thinking too, Dean!!! Because if that's the criteria we're going by, I'm definitely in the running too!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Dave
  • darkrider42
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Spreadsheet keepers:Sorry to be a pain but would one of you check my total mileage from June to July. Somehow I lost several hundred miles from last month to this one. I only noticed because I was hoping to break 8000 this month. Thank you kindly in advance.

I figured they would fix a problem as my mileage last month topped 8000 and now it's below 8000 and my streak was broken last month but it says I'm up to five. Sometimes it just takes a few days for Dave to get the spread sheet tweaked after adding a new month.
    You are correct, Sir! I wait and do it all at once when I close out the previous month and lock the old thread. And with the "streak" number, I'd have the confusion of wondering "Did Holli or Janet already adjust the number or does it still need to be changed?" So instead I just do it all in one swell foop. :smile:

Dave
  • darkrider42
    Options
    I went to the gym and did 2.2 miles of run/walk intervals on the treadmill with many more minutes of running this time. Feeling good about it. :heart:

Dave
    rI85m5.png

PS - I've refreshed the starting mileage for July now too. :drinker:
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Well it was another scorcher today. Nothing like coming back and wringing out your kit. But my back is getting somewhat better with all the treatments I am getting. I am taking it as slow as I can and I am listening to my body. My confidence is getting better, was practicing figure 8's with shrinking patterns, more speed on descents (mine are so small) and generally just riding. I've got to face that downhill where I wrecked eventually.

07/01 - 10.0 miles cycling
    07/02 - 2.0 miles walking
    07/03 - 11.0 miles cycling

Total: 23.0 miles

exercise.png

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    07/02 - 9.25m recumbent bike

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Well it was another scorcher today. Nothing like coming back and wringing out your kit. But my back is getting somewhat better with all the treatments I am getting. I am taking it as slow as I can and I am listening to my body. My confidence is getting better, was practicing figure 8's with shrinking patterns, more speed on descents (mine are so small) and generally just riding. I've got to face that downhill where I wrecked eventually.

07/01 - 10.0 miles cycling
    07/02 - 2.0 miles walking
    07/03 - 11.0 miles cycling

Total: 23.0 miles

exercise.png

[/quote
    Anaconda: you are making great progress. I don't know if I could ride again after a spill like yours. I refuse to get clip ins because of falling. I watched a young guy I know fall coming to the dismount line at a triathlon and take an ugly spill. Fortunately he was young. But I am in awe of your determination.
  • clepant
    Options
    JTH11706 wrote: »
    So I decided to take Wednesday off because I was worried about ramping things up too quickly on my new training plan. Then yesterday was supposed to be my long run. But a mile and a half into it I noticed black smoke coming out of a nearby house. I spend my summer on an island that is full of 100 year old wood cabins, and fire is a very serious problem. My husband is assistant chief in the volunteer fire company and both of my sons are members. I watched my husband and son suit up and go off to fight what was now a raging inferno. Thankfully, several hours later everyone returned. Only the one house burned and everyone was safe. Hallelujah! Today I tried again and got in 11 miles with no surprises. I think that puts me in the green.
    exercise.png

Wow: What an interesting day you had. Glad no one was hurt but sad someone lost their cabin. I am impressed that you are back at running 11 miles already. My long run this week was just brutal and I should be tapering but I am going to do it again because it was pretty poor. The 100% humidity, pinched nerve and a late start did not help.
    Going to try a compression sleeve to see if that helps. When is your next marathon?

July 3: 9.15 miles of walking, walking and more walking.
    TTD: 38.07 Miles

exercise.png

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    What's the MFP TdF Challenge? Can I join?
  • clepant
    Options
    You haven't lost anything...when I close out the previous month on the 5th or so, I copy everyone's total miles for the previous month to the current month. Right now it's at whatever the total was on the day I copied last month's page over to the new month's page. I just wait to do that because miles are trickling in and then I only have to do it once.

Funny thing....nobody has ever noticed that I do that before and now TWO of you have this month! :laugh: :drinker: That's awesome! I'll take care of it here in a couple minutes though. :smiley:

Dave

Your right Dave, I never noticed that before. Thanks for the explanation. You would think I would have noticed that after months of being on here.
  • darkrider42
    Options

Dave

Your right Dave, I never noticed that before. Thanks for the explanation. You would think I would have noticed that after months of being on here.
    No worries at all!! You just hadn't noticed because you weren't looking for a big milestone like you are now. My apologies for the confusion and that I hadn't mentioned it to all of you before now. :flowerforyou:

Dave
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Finally had a day I could put some miles in. Took a wonderfully long walk this morning and then we went to a local balloon glow and fireworks show and walked quite a bit there too. Added 8 miles today.

July total 12.5 miles. Not enough for green yet.....but getting closer

exercise.png

Have a wonderful and safe weekend everyone!
  • darkrider42
    edited July 2015
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

With the holiday and having today off, it felt like Saturday and I almost forgot it was still my night to update! :blush:

Dave
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 7.71 miles

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Adding another 15 miles. Let the Tour de France begin!

That's 44 out of 300.

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,806 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

7/03

.1 miles

.3 miles done and 49.7 miles to go.... :)
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Going for 800 miles again in July as I have some holidays coming up

01-07: 40.60 miles
    02-07: 34.24 miles
    03-07: 40.19 miles
    04-07: 65.18 miles
    July miles: 180.21

YTD miles: 4438
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member