Leslie Sansone July 2015 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
WELCOME to all walkers!

In a day or so we will begins our July Walk Challenge, so now is the time to be thinking about our new monthly challenge goals!

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Because of the warmer weather walking or hiking outdoors will be a pleasant alternative to the DVDs for those who enjoy getting their miles or minutes outdoors. Especially after the long winter or extra rain we just had.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get our water... and we will begin to walk into July of 2015!

Let us walk with determination :glasses:

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• hallene
    hallene Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am in, walk - walk. My favorite DVD is the 30 day Burn & Firm challenge. Can someone tell me how to log the DVD in the exercise log?
  • 1jlazymom
    1jlazymom Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am excited setting my goal for 70 this month :D . I missed my goal of 60 miles for June by just 4 miles. Wishing all of you a successful month.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I am in! I am going for another 100 miles this month. Happy walking everyone! This mornings walk was WAP 1 Mile Start Walking, 1 Miles Evening Walk and the the 2 Mile SIlver Walk.

4/100
  • bwilk18
    bwilk18 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm excited to join this group! I just did a WAP 30 minute walk - I love Leslie Sansone and now that I can get her walks On Demand - it makes it so much easier than getting them on the DVD through my Playstation. I'm going to set my goal at 60 miles for the month. 2 down, 58 to go :smiley:
  • handbagfan
    handbagfan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey walkers, been MIA for good while. Would like to join challenge again so .......... will set goal for 45 miles.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I am in my beloved Adirondack Mountains and have been given a clean bill of health by my cute surgeon so I will be hiking as well as walking this month. Last month, I had a goal of 3 miles per day and although I did not manage it everyday, by the end of the month, I had averaged over 3 per day, so I think I am going to try for 4 miles per day in July and see how that goes.

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • AutumnG660
    AutumnG660 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'd like to try for 75 miles this month. This will be my first full month and I look forward to the challenge. :smiley:
  • 1jlazymom
    Options
    3.6/70 great night for a walk. Hope everyone had a great day
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    hallene wrote: »
    I am in, walk - walk. My favorite DVD is the 30 day Burn & Firm challenge. Can someone tell me how to log the DVD in the exercise log?

Hi hallene,
    The most accurate way to log is to use a heart rate monitor. But if you don't have one, chose either Aerobics, General or Aerobics low impact. If you are unable to complete a full sentence during the most intense part of the workout Aerobics General would be the one to log under. If it's not that challenging, chose Aerobics Low Impact.
    Hope this helps,
    Ann
  • AnnofB
    Options
    2/50
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I didn't hit my goal last month so its 30 miles this month.

"Keep that walk going Mar" :D
  • zichab
    Options
    July-Goal 4 miles/day

7/1 Vivofit Tracked-5.4 miles =5.4 total miles :smile:

Walk Strong Everyone :bigsmile:
  • bwilk18
    Options
    5/60 - sweating like Leslie and Mary Kate :smile: Maybe I'll do a couple more when my daughter comes home later today for the holiday weekend!
  • 1jlazymom
    Options
    7.2/70 had a nice sunny and 76 degree evening for my walk. Most of the walk was uphill. Felt great
  • bwilk18
    Options
    7/60
  • 1jlazymom
    Options
    11.2/70. Had a fantastic walk the weather was awesome. Swimming tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a great holiday
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    My goals in July are 120 miles, 20 days over 10,000 steps.

TOPS chapter challenge this week to make 1000 steps more than last week.....
    Last week - 69212 steps.

July 1 - 4.7 miles - 10414 steps (1/20)
    July 2 - 3.9 miles - 8666 steps (RT 19,080 steps)
    July 3 - 3.5 miles - 7889 steps (RT 26,969 steps)
    July 4 - 5 miles - 11180 steps (2/20) (RT 38,149 steps)
  • zichab
    Options
    July-Goal 4 miles/day

7/1 Vivofit Tracked-5.4 miles =5.4 total miles :smile:
    7/2 Vivofit Tracked 4.0 miles=9.4 total miles
    7/3 Vivofit Tracked 3.3 miles=12.7 total miles
    7/4 Vivofit Tracked 4.3 miles=17.0 total miles

Walk Strong Everyone :bigsmile:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    10/50

Hello walkers... been mia lately but back to stay.

Walk on, walk strong Leslieites!
  • handbagfan
    handbagfan Posts: 148 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    5/7 = 1/45. Didn't do much walking :| but did complete other exercises :)
    Welcome back AnnofB.