need some guidance from the pros

Options
kplust
kplust Posts: 14 Member
Hi all, I see some familiar names here :) I'm getting serious about getting back into a logging program, so this is the place for the NMers :) quick question, is there a way to see the ingredients in a food item someone else posted. I see the nutritional value but not what's in it. anyone? thanx all :)

Replies

• arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is but I'm posting here so if there is a way, I'll learn too.
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristine, good to see you. I also am serious about logging again. I NEED to get back on track. (I know, Debora, you've heard me say this way too many times). I come to MFP often to chat, but now will log food and exercise again.
    I'm also commenting so I can learn the answer. If I come across a way to do this, I'll let you know.
  • arobed53
    Options
    Sheryl, every day we start fresh and it's hard to do it with all the different things you have going on.
  • kplust
    Options
    well shoot! thanx anyway :) it feels good to be logging again and knowing my NMers are here too!
  • arobed53
    Options
    Pop in anytime. We love hearing from others.
  • kplust
    Options
    thanx arobed :)
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Hi tplusk! Good to see you here. I hope it works out ok for you. Unfortunately there is no way to see the ingredients of others' food items.
  • kplust
    Options
    thank you mygnsac, at least now I know. It's working so far so I'm going to use what is in the database. I really like this site so far. I don't know why I didn't start earlier!! I think I was having NM withdrawal sadness. 9 more pounds to go :)
  • arobed53
    Options
    The site is not too bad. Great database. Not the same type of feedback but that's to be expected. I know you can let those 9 pounds go.
  • kplust
    Options
    thanx for the support arobed53 :) I hope so, and soon!
  • anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    tplusk-is there a specific food you are looking for? Like a dinner one of us in the group has listed in our diary? If so I wouldn't mind posting a recipe if that's what you are looking for.
  • cjdigsindirt
    cjdigsindirt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Kristine, One thing I noticed about this site is that it shows a lot of repeated food in the list. I try to use the ones with the green check-mark. I think that means it is verified for nutritional info? I figure even if it is not exact it is still better than me not logging at all. One thing I noticed since I have logged for the 2 weeks now is that I seem to be back in the groove so to speak, like when I was using NM. It takes a bit of time to get used to this site after using NM and all of the fantastic work that Mike did to accommodate us all. I do like the recipe feature here. I like that you can use the url address from a site and it pulls over the recipe for you. I always need to make changes to it but it still saves time in entering each item. Well I was supposed to be taking a walk so I better head out. It is so good to be back with all of you!!!!
  • tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Okay, I would like to know how do you clean up your news feed from your friends that are over 6 months old. Every time I go in and delete one of their news update it hides that person, then I have to go find my friend and unhide them. I mean I know that this information is kept in some cloud that has unlimited space but really I do not go back and review any of it, so I just like to clean it up.

Does anyone know how to do this? :/
  • arobed53
    Options
    No help here.