Fall '15 babies

Replies

• poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Welcome new Mamas!

So, as far as nesting goes... I told hubby we needed to start to think about getting some stuff from the attic. We have 10 weeks to go and "nothing is ready!" He laughed at me. Humph. We are getting a car seat from a friend. I insisted we atleast need that. He just laughed at me! Sigh. Thing being number 6, I guess the novelty has worn off! But, he's right. Minus the car seat I'd be fine if he came today! Everything is here, just needs to get put out. I should buy some formula, as I know I don't make much milk.

Put up 360 bales of hay yesterday. Had to sit at one point, but pretty happy with what I could do! Summer is in full swing. Finding it hard to find the time to exercise, it's hot and we are busy... but know I need to try to fit in intentional exercise. Fitbit users, what's your daily average?! I'm at 80,000 ish for the week, so know I hit my 10,000 daily. But need to do something more structured as eating is getting worse and worse!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Morning all

Lots to catch up on today.

Glad no one too bothered re their grooming schedule, makes me feel better! I can still see/reach at the mo but will get harder soon.

Sarieth05 - How was your flight? Did you feel ok? Are you finding lots of food you like?

Hi Tiffany & Tyler. Congrats and welcome. Tiffany are your sons excited? Tyler, Im due at the same time as you, cant believe only 10 weeks left! I want it to slow down and speed up at the same time! lol

Katie - I couldnt decide at first between the Egrobaby & the 360, but thought the forward facing option of 360 was better to have. It wasnt a lot more in cost (£20). Think will be good to use on pre school runs as not much room for a pram and need to be hands free to help Isaac get coat etc off and sorted. Did you use the new born insert too?

Poke - lol my OH is the same, as I said I wanted to sort baby stuff and he asked me why! We are the same and have everything we really need except come bits for hospital bag.

We have moved Isaac up to the attic bedroom after decorating it and adding tractors etc. He is pleased with it and happy to sleep up there. I then have dumped all the baby clothes we have in Isaac old room to sort. There were in bags of sizes until Isaac 'sorted' them for me. So this weekend Im going to put aside all that suitable for a girl and then pile the boy stuff together for possibly selling or passing on (dont know anyone at the mo though). Im reluctant to do it yet in case they have the gender wrong and its a boy! lol

Best get on.

Helen

• JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Lol, Helen I was was just going to say that. Don't pass on or sell until you know for sure that it's a girl! :) I would imagine it's hard for the techs to get it wrong nowadays, but why take that risk.

I've been trying to organize our spare room for when we move my daughter in there, but what a lot of work!! It has sort of become our junk/storage room for the past year and a half. We also have some carpet rolled up in there that's supposed to go in our room so that's taking up a good deal of space. I'm trying to get my husband to deal with it quickly since I have no idea of how it works and I know once I'm at 35 weeks there's no way I'm going to be doing anything that physical.

Other than the room rearranging situation, we are pretty well ready for baby to come except for the hospital bag (but I think it's still a wee bit early to pack that just yet :)). We have diapers, baby clothes, blankets, crib, etc.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Good morning to all! Sounds like many of us are in the process of setting up the nursery. We've decided to put both a twin bed and a crib in the nursery -- the baby will need the twin bed eventually, and in the meantime it's useful to have a spot where a parent (or grandmother) can sleep. Setting up that twin bed has become my urgent task for today, because my husband finally confessed that my snoring has become unbearable, and he doesn't want to be chronically sleep-deprived BEFORE the baby arrives. Is anyone else suffering from pregnancy-induced snoring? I know that mine is made worse because I haven't been taking my normal allergy medicines.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Sounds like you're doing well with getting all the final stuff done, Summer! :)

My husband sleeps so deeply and falls asleep so fast I could be a chainsaw and he'd never know. Haha apparently my brother snores really badly but he's recently upped his water intake due to being dehydrated and aparently it's improved a lot. I know dehydration is a common issue while pregnant so I thought to mention that. :) that's too bad you ccan't take your allergy meds anymore. :/

My nights have been getting worse with sweating constantly and just general uncomfortableness rolling over etc.
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Yes, nesting in full swing. The boys will share a room (although I do need to move the spare bed out and put that in the spare room/computer room/sports room/craft room. I went online looking for a second dresser for the boys room and found a beautiful antique dresser that I'll fix up and put in my room. The boys can have my old dresser from college! The nightstand is already in there anyway.

Yes I agree Suzanne, nights are getting increasingly more uncomfortable. Lots of tossing and turning. I have no idea if I'm snoring, I guess I'll have to ask. lol.
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    My flight went well, Helen! I totally was just working it up in my head to be something awful and it wasn't. Long, but not too shabby. Food here is very good, albeit different. I've avoided raw seafood, though. =P Flying back home in about 18 hours, and then I'm going to probably need a huge burger or something. XD
  • poke987
    I had to take my rings off today. Don't think I took them off until surgery with either of my other boys. Hummm. My hands hurt this morning, fingers stiff and hard to bend. Guess I'm retaining more water than I thought. Up until now I didn't notice I was puffy, but figure better safe than sorry. And, as it was DH had to help me get off my wedding band. With last pregnancy I had carpal tunnel in my right wrist. Today i felt a little like it might happen again this pregnancy. My hand keeps going numb when I drive...
  • helenmelon29
    Morning

Suzanne - yeah I asked when she said it was a girl how sure she was and she said she cant be 100% but pretty sure. But I had a doubt lol!

Summer - Dont think Im snoring - my OH often wakes me up snoring mind! Whats a twin bed? Is it what I would call a double bed (so size for 2 people?). If you book at hotel room here and have twin beds its 2 single beds in the one room.

Sarieth - Glad flight was ok. I imagine food very healthy and raw (I have no clue though!). Hope your flight home ok.

Poke - I had to take mine off last time by about now as they werent comfy (along with my watch - which was a bit odd as wasnt comfy with it looser either). I didnt really put them back on so only wear if going out/special occasions now, but still wearing watch at the mo. (BTW we arent married so its not a wedding ring I just stopped wearing - I plan on starting to wear again they they are wasted in my drawer! lol). Oh carpel tunnel sounds painful, I know a few people who have had it (not in pregnancy) and had to have operations. Did it just calm down after you gave birth last time?

Im finding the most comfy postiion to sleep in is my back (which I know they dont recommend), Trying to sleep on my side but always wake on my back! I'm sleeping pretty well though as the mo and only tend to wake if Isaac shouts for me (like last night as he had lost his fav teddy in the bed somewhere - it was more or less next to him though but he couldnt see it! lol)

How often are you appointment now? I had my last at 28 weeks and next one at 31 weeks (next week). (Then 34, 36, 38, 40,41,42). Last time was told would have a sweep at 40 weeks but went in to labour myself at exactly 39. I also have a scan at 35/36 weeks this time to check happy to try for VBAC.

Catch you later.

• KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    @summer8it I'm waiting for my husband to say something. When I was pregnant with my son he said I snored worse than our dogs lol (which is bad!) I can only imagine what I sound like now that there are 2 babies lol

Is anyone starting to pack on the water yet?!? My legs are swollen this week. I know I need to move more and drink more water so I got myself a little Fitbit to track my general activity. Anyone wanna be my Fitbit friend?!?
  • poke987
    @KristenE83 I am retaining water all of a sudden, for sure! I'd be glad to be fitbit friends... but I can't remember how to do it! I'm Alex Houston, not sure if I have a user name other than that? If so it would likely be poke987 there too! See if you can find me!!

I'm up again a crazy amount of weight. I'm thinking it's water. My feet and hands are swollen for sure! Carpal tunnel setting in my right wrist making my hand go numb off and on during the day, and tingling all night.

@Summer8it DH hasn't said anything, but the other morning he asked if I felt stuffy... hum. Maybe he was fishing? I was eating breakfast so I said "what, am I chewing with my mouth open or something? " he said "no, you just sound stuffed up." Now I wonder...

@helenmelon29 I'm at the same, did 3 weeks 28 - 31 for this next visit then will go to 2 weeks after that. I think about 36 weeks or so we go to once weekly. I can't remember for sure! Hubby and I got married last fall after 10 years together. I was fine with never making it "official" but for some reason he decided it waa time. So, i finally have an actual wedding ring after all that time! I wore an engagement ring for about 3 of those years, before that I had a plain "promise" ring.
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    @poke987 I think you have to do it by email. Try adding me kristeneriksen@yahoo.com. If anyone else wants to add me as a Fitbit pal please feel free!

I'm right there with you. I'm up 30 lbs and climbing. I'm not concerned cuz I know it's mostly water. The doctor had a minor heart attack but we figured I'm eating about 100-300 cals less than she thinks I should so I doubt it's all just be getting fatter. Once I told her I log all my food she calmed down lol I challenged her to put me on a diet cuz she was all concerned I am going to get diabetes (which I seriously doubt) and she said no.... Soooo I take it as she just doesn't like the number in the scale. Whatev, I warned her to expect at least another 30 in water weight and I'm just gonna keep trucking. I'm a tall/large boned person even when I'm not growing people :) So at this point I'm just gonna keep logging, keep moving, drink water, and not sweat the weight.... I'll let the doctors do that :)
  • helenmelon29
    Hi

Kirsten- u look fab on your picci.

I will do better post Tomoz xx
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    @KristenE83, I don't have a fit bit, but otherwise I'd totally add you. And I agree, you look great in your pic! :)

I haven't taken my rings off yet, but I probably should try now since I'm actually not sure I could get them off if I tried... hate to think of what it will be like a few weeks from now. I feel like I am getting quite puffed up with water recently too. That doesn't help much. Last time around this far along my ankles had doubled in size which is thankfully not the case now. Maybe it's because I'm more active without the desk job I had? Does movement actually help keep the swelling down? Because my go to way to keep the swelling from getting worse was to always elevate my feet.

My midwife doesn't say a thing about my weight gain which I guess is nice I guess. I'm about 1 lb above my ideal range though so I guess I'm not doing too bad considering. I see her again in four weeks and then we are going to once every two weeks! :)

Have a lovely day!
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Good morning ladies! :smiley:

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I've been looking for more pregnant MFP friends, so feel free to add me.

@helenmelon29 - Yes, my boys are VERY excited. My oldest and youngest both want a baby sister, and my middle boy wants a baby brother. At least I know whatever the gender is, someone will be happy about it! LOL!
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Since I last checked in, a few burning questions have been answered.

How much weight am I going to gain during this pregnancy? 26 pounds.

What's my baby's gender? He's a boy.

When will he be born? July 12, at 12:57 in the morning.

Last Thursday, at 32 weeks 2 days, I woke up and found I was having a bit of bleeding. I could feel the baby moving like normal, so I wasn't too worried -- I figured I'd probably burst a little blood vessel on my cervix, or something like that. (This is not to say I was totally calm about the situation, of course.) I called my midwife, who told me to come in to the hospital to get checked. We actually left our 12 year old son sleeping when we left for the hospital at 7:30, with a note propped next to a box of cereal telling him we'd be back soon.

It would be another week before I'd go home.

I was diagnosed with a partial placental abruption and admitted to the hospital. Through Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, I had two monitors strapped to my belly 24/7, one monitoring the baby's heartbeat and the other monitoring my contractions. As long as we both stayed stable, I'd be allowed to stay pregnant, but if he went into distress or I started contracting a lot, I would have to be rushed into the OR for a c-section. I was given steroid shots to mature the baby's lungs, which needed 48 hours to fully take effect. The doctors said I was a "ticking time bomb," but that I could possibly remain stable for a few more weeks. At this point, staying pregnant was my main priority -- I didn't fully understand how dangerous the situation was for me, even though I knew the hospital had rushed over 2 units of B+ blood for me, in case I started to bleed out. We remained in this holding pattern until Saturday night, when I started having contractions 2 minutes apart. They wouldn't stop, so the decision was made to go ahead with a c-section. They began prepping me shortly before midnight, and Llyr was born at 12:57, weighing 4 lbs, 1 oz. (We are pronouncing his name the English way, as Lear, but he is named for the Welsh god of the sea.)

Llyr is in the NICU and will be there for at least the next few weeks, but he is a strong boy. Within 24 hours, he didn't need oxygen, and within 48, he was taken off of the air pressure tube, so he is breathing totally on his own. He also stopped losing weight and started re-gaining on his 3rd day of life... coincidentally, on the same day that I got enough milk to provide pumped breast milk for all his feedings!

I was released from the hospital yesterday. I was not AT ALL prepared mentally to have a c-section, so I had no idea how painful the recovery was going to be. (However, I will note that my Hypnobirthing training turned out to be very useful during the surgery. I had a spinal, so I was awake, but I was able to stay calm and mentally go to my "special place" until I heard the beautiful sound of my son's cries ringing out across the OR.) I've now had the two extremes of birth experiences: the drug free, no intervention vaginal birth in a dimly lit room with soft music playing, and the emergency c-section. I must say that the first birth was by far my favorite!

I want you all to know that I have just used up the full supply of drama for this group. The rest of you are going to have to have uneventful third trimesters and easy, uncomplicated births.
  • katiebrew
    katiebrew Posts: 103 Member
    @summer8it:

OH. MY. GOSH.
    First of all, I am so so glad to hear that both your and Llyr are okay. Strong boy, and strong mama! My heart is so happy to hear that although he is in the NICU, he is progressing and is breathing on his own (way to GO, baby boy!!!) AND that your milk is in :) (WOOHOOO!!!! you are SO right to see that as a victory!)

Second, thank you SO much for sharing your birth story - I hope you found it at least a little therapeutic to write out... I know you have a lot on your plate and on your mind right now, but I am sending loving and supportive vibes to you... I had a c-section with my son, and even though I thought I was mentally prepared, I struggled after with what took place (and we did not go through near what you, Llyr, and your family did). Anyway, there are a few links here that if you may or may not find useful about dealing with a traumatic birth experience. Just thought I'd attach.

Sending love, support, and strength (and growing vibes to dear little Llyr!!!) Heal well, Summer8it, and thanks again for sharing your story!

http://www.solaceformothers.org/resources.html
    http://www.vancouverbirthtrauma.ca/online-resources.html
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    WOW!

Congratulations on your little boy! So glad to hear that things are progressing well despite what you all had to go through. Thats great your milk is in and hes gaining weight! Here's to a short NICU stay for Llyr!

I will be sure to let my baby know that you've used up all the drama for the group so he knows not to try anything dramatic ;)
  • scoopskipotato
    scoopskipotato Posts: 52 Member
    @summer8it

Oh.my.gosh. That is quite an ordeal for you and your family but I'm so happy everyone came through it OK for the most part and your milk is in and baby is gaining. I've never had a c-section but I hear recovery from one is pretty tough so hopefully you are taking it easy and it will pass before you know it. It's so scary that things like this happen but it's wonderful that you and your family are getting through it. Good luck and post pics if you have them/want to! I'm sure we'd all love to see Llyr :)
  • helenmelon29
    Huge congrats Summer. I'm so pleased you are both doing well. And hope Llyr will be home soon. How scary for you all. Thanks for sharing and hope you keep checking in.

How's your older son?

My friend from work delivered last month at 32 weeks. All home now and doing great.

Nothing to report here (defo nothing exciting)! Xx