07.07.2015- x-post of ramblings!!

Options
carimiller7391
carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
Good morning everyone!!!

I don't feel awesome yet...but I do feel GREAT. I'm about 98% better and the depression is gone. Now I just need my energy back without the aide of caffiene pills daily. I'm taking my B12 and D3 and they seem to be helping so much. I am finally excited about vacation to the point I am packed... everything...(I packed on Sunday and realized I didn't pack pajamas or capris)... Oops!!! So I had to pack a 2nd bag because not everything fit into my suitcase. Oh well.

Reggie and I had a very LONG talk... tears and laughter so, it was a good talk. I explained that the way I was raised you don't make assumptions and that even if you are a couple, married, gf/bf, whatever, you ask if things are ok. He kept having me take him in town (about a 25-30 minute ride) to take care of some business.... never asked was it ok, just assumed. Also when we were supposed to go to his aunt's bbq this past weekend, he told his mom she could ride with us.... again, just assumed.....I explained even though I have a green light to just show up at his house whenever I want, I don't unless asked to come over. I feel that's rude.... that I also find it rude to make plans for me without making sure it's ok. He said he's always been like that..I told him we need to come to some sort of compromise as I work all day (he works 830-230) and by the time I get to his house, I want to relax, not run every single night......he understood. Since we talked... he has asked everything. I'm so happy.

Food wise, I hit a brick wall. I'm at 294.5. Up a pound from my lowest. Not bad, but not the direction I wanted to go. I am sticking to 75g net carbs a day. I'm tracking just that by paper and pencil. I kept getting caught up in the calories and trying to hit my other macros. Kept getting upset by going over in calories. So, since I know that it is ticking me off to see that, if I just track net carbs on paper, it's better for me right now.

I am in a good place mentally (for once) and I feel as though I can really focus on my carbs for the next 13 days consistently. By the time I return from vacation, I will be ready to lower carbs again. I'm excited to be able to eat more seafood on vacation as I LOVE fish, crabs, shrimp.....and will be following the advice of the great people on the LC daily forum. Focus on meats for breakfast, lunch and dinner and maybe a taste of a treat, not the whole thing as dessert. (thanks to the LC daily forum for the advice)..... Hopefully, I will be so engaged in having fun, wont think about sweet treats. I did find out our hotel for the 2nd half of our vegas trip has a little fridge, so I am getting cheese, almonds. turkey deli meat (ham and I don't make out very well) and maybe a few eggs. The first half ofd the trip we have a full kitchen, but the folks I am going with are first time Vegas folks, (except my best friend) so we will be eating out the whole time. We've mapped out what places we want to eat and I have checked out the menus online and feel as though I can make some great choices. I feel so much more in control and empowered now. YEAH ME.

So how is everyone else doing today??

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are ready to go on your holidays Cari!! Good for you!! Great food plans too! It is going to be hot in Vegas..so take care!!

My day went well for my food plan. I walked on my treadmill for 51 minutes this morning and walked to work as usual. Will stop eating at 6 so need to go get some food for dinner. So far so good!! i am dying to weigh myself Karen..but I won't!!! I will hold out if you can hold out! Am going to try and make it to the 30th or 31st before I weigh again!!!

Hope you all have a great day folks!!
    xoxo n
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Quick check in--just arrived home from spine doc after injection earlier this morning. So far all I'm feeling are pinging nerve pains running down my legs, not much relief. I do hope this works!!!

No lake today for me per doctor's orders. Just rest. Sounds like a trashy novel kind of day!

YES Nancy to not weighing until the end of the month. Let's do this!!!
    Cari, you sound GREAT--both relationship and vacation-wise.

Xxoo
    K
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I was planning on weighing in around my birthday (7/13), and might still, but as long as my jeans don't get tighter, I might go ahead and wait until 8/1, just because I like things simple. LOL

Cool Nancy for staying on plan, and Karen, wow - I hope the back is better!

Cari - (hugs!) Responded in other forums...

Hugs from Carly, in full on neurotic mode....
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Well I am back before I go to bed!! Looks like everyone is doing sort of OK (sorry Carly for the neurotic mode...(, Karen do hope the injections catch up with you and ease your pain! I am so jealous of you Cari...VEGAS!! Yeah!

Well, I stopped my food at 6 pm! Karen....we are ON!! No weighing til end of month!! Carly is doing the same..just a day or two later!!

Night all! Everyone have a super duper day!! Looking at another 113 F day tomorrow!!

xoxo nancy
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    catladyksa wrote: »
    Well I am back before I go to bed!! Looks like everyone is doing sort of OK (sorry Carly for the neurotic mode...(, Karen do hope the injections catch up with you and ease your pain! I am so jealous of you Cari...VEGAS!! Yeah!

Well, I stopped my food at 6 pm! Karen....we are ON!! No weighing til end of month!! Carly is doing the same..just a day or two later!!

Night all! Everyone have a super duper day!! Looking at another 113 F day tomorrow!!

xoxo nancy

My last weigh in date was 6/18. I committed to my friend to not weigh in until 7/13...so that's where I am on the scale bit.

The neurotic is mostly self-inflicted stress stuff, but in a mostly positive way... Hard to explain. Will have more details soon.
  • KarenZen
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hey gang,
    I'm sitting on the couch with ice packs under my butt and on my hips while Jim bangs around in the kitchen trying to clean up some of the total havoc that 10 days of house guests can create. My sister and her gang are at Old Orchard Beach, our only real "beach resort" in Maine--a huge pier with shops, restaurants, and concerts, amusement rides, games to play for prizes, all that stuff the kids (and my sister, a 47-year-old kid) will love. Skippy McGrape is at day camp this week. Apparently they keep these kids BUSY--he did archery, BB gun shooting, swimming, canoeing, and a cooking class. All in the first day! Doesn't that make you want to go to camp?

Jim had the day off, but our day wasn't nearly as exciting, haha. Spine injection for me in the a.m. punctuated by intermittent bouts of out of control crying (I would not wish this pain on my worst enemy!). After he got me home and settled, he went off to the dermatologist and had a skin tag on his eyelid zapped with liquid nitrogen. Good times!!!

My PROGRESS, though, is pretty awesome---despite stress and pain, I did NOT attack the fridge. I just hear the voice of my shrink in my head saying, "just because you have a craving, Karen, doesn't mean you have to act on it." I'm 51 years old, and I'm finally learning to eat when I'm hungry. FOOD IS FUEL. It isn't love, or comfort, or happiness; it doesn't cure loneliness or pay the bills.

For my next trick, I will learn to stop cooking for other people to make them feel better.

I still want to have my "porch dinners" in the studio, but I'm excited to try new, healthy recipes so that I"m nourishing my guests instead of poisoning them with sugars and unhealthy fats.

So I've rattled on here enough, I think. Cari, I'm pretty excited for you and your trip to Vegas. Sounds like you have a smart plan in place! I read your event website, and it sounds like you'll be pretty busy swimming and dancing all week. WOOHOO! Rock it out, sister!

Zac, I know you're super busy, but you're holding out on us ---at least ONE funny thing must have happened to you this week. Also, have you been on a date yet (per your goals)? Enquiring minds want to know!

Carly, hope you and your guy are doing better today.

Nancy, as always, thanks for being our mini-challenge superstar. They really are a pretty painless way to develop good habits.

Xxooo
    Karen
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    All is improving here... Posted progress pics on yesterday's thread though the aren't the ones I intended to take... LOL Hadn't thought about the fact that this was today's thread.

I'm so sorry you're in misery, Karen. I'll send up good thoughts for a better tomorrow!!!
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    KarenZen wrote: »

Zac, I know you're super busy, but you're holding out on us ---at least ONE funny thing must have happened to you this week. Also, have you been on a date yet (per your goals)? Enquiring minds want to know!

I did indeed go on a date last week haha. I went on a nature walk and lunch with a great girl named Sarah. I had a lovely time, and she didn't seem to hate it either. I might just have to take her out again at some point. I don't know if anything funny has happened, but I did come to a terrible realization. I turn 30 in a few months and I realized that I may never actually feel like an adult haha. Other people treat me like an adult and I do adult things (like do my taxes, go to town hall meetings, and complain about kids these days), but I don't feel like one.

Nancy, I guess I could jump in on the no weigh thing, but I will have to weigh slightly early for my dietbet. It'll almost be the end of the month so I will count it.

• KnitOrMiss
    Options
    ronercat wrote: »

I did indeed go on a date last week haha. I went on a nature walk and lunch with a great girl named Sarah. I had a lovely time, and she didn't seem to hate it either. I might just have to take her out again at some point. I don't know if anything funny has happened, but I did come to a terrible realization. I turn 30 in a few months and I realized that I may never actually feel like an adult haha. Other people treat me like an adult and I do adult things (like do my taxes, go to town hall meetings, and complain about kids these days), but I don't feel like one.

Nancy, I guess I could jump in on the no weigh thing, but I will have to weigh slightly early for my dietbet. It'll almost be the end of the month so I will count it.

Zac, I'll be 39 on Monday, and I don't feel like an adult either. I feel about the same as I did when I was 16-20. Life and reality happens, but I still feel like a kid inside. And so, truth told, does my mom, she claims...and she is 20+ years my senior...

Glad you enjoyed the date! :)
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Gosh...you all just depressed the h@ll out of me!! lol Zac going on 30, Karen 50, Carly 39....I am the old fart here.....will be 63 early August!! BUT....I do feel young inside...I think 60 is the new '50'!! or maybe the new '40'?? Ah heck, you are as old as you feel, so if we feel younger...so be it!!!

So for you 'youngin's'....just be sure you stay active!! Move your body.....avoid those knee and back pains!!! Get the weight off so you don't have those issues!!! Get regular check ups!! Take your supplements if you don't eat correctly! Make sure you color your roots....because grey is VERY aging!! Take great care of your skin. Use Dove soap to wash your face (my secret for the past 40 years),,,,,,,And get several cats to keep your stress level down!!! lol
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    *snickers* Okay, trying to get back active, but it isn't easy. PT, restrictions, bad joints, still fat as heck, no time, etc. Can't avoid what's already here. I've never had a good core (getting there now with PT for something else, ironically), so I've always had back pain. Knee pain from too much volleyball, too much weight for too long, so just praying for a break. Working on the weight, but focusing on health. Always have had regular checkups, thankfully. Take supplements and have blood work checked often. I don't dye my hair at all anymore and recently discovered some SILVER hairs of all things! Oh, well, gonna rock it. I've never worn makeup, so doing okay in the skin department, but something in my PH balance doesn't get along with DOVE at all. And allergic to cats, but working on the stress reductions, anyway. Thanks for the advice!

and yeah, I say you're only as old as you feel. Sometimes I'm 20 and sometimes I'm 80! LOL
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    I party like I'm in my 20's and recover like I'm definitely well into my 40's. But thank goodness I can party for a week to 10 days at a time and just crap out when I get home.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    I have it on good authority that 63 is the new 41, 51 is the new 36, 39 is the new 25, and 30 is the new 17.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    I have it on good authority that 63 is the new 41, 51 is the new 36, 39 is the new 25, and 30 is the new 17.

Wonderful news!! LOL

• KarenZen
    Options
    ronercat wrote: »

Oh Zac,
    you just kill me... "I had a great time, and she didn't seem to hate it either"???

Some advice from an older woman? Own yourself---all the good, the bad, the messy, the ridiculous, the foolish, the sexy, the loving parts of you. I wish someone had told ME at 29 that I could be fat AND fabulous AND sexy. I had so many other amazing qualities, but I spent most of my young dating years apologizing for being fat. I don't know your stance on pre-marital sex, but, again, advice from an older woman---if you have love, mutual positive regard, and desire, the sex can be awesome even if your body isn't perfect and you don't have abs and buns of steel.

You sound like you will make a wonderful boyfriend/husband/lover/father! GO ZAC!!!

Xxoo
    K.
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I do thank you for the advice. I may not have the visible abs, but these buns can crack a walnut haha. I have the booty of a power squatter and it apparently looks good in spandex. (One of the things I learned from being in the musical)
    But I don't want to be 17 again! Make it 23 and we have a deal.

• KarenZen
    Options
    YES, we have a deal. 29 can be the new 23.

And I totally get the booty thing. From all of my swimming, I have some amazing glutes. I can crack walnuts with these butt cheeks!!!

K.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I'm 35. My bum is slowly decreasing but Im more stoked about having my traps back. Its the little things
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    OK ladies and gents.... I'm 42, partied for 9 days like I'm 22 and feel about 28 now. I feel awesome. I am all puffy from all the alcohol I drank, but knew that was going to happen. You are only as old as you feel. Regardless of true age.