Motivation, accountability, and support thread 7/6/15 to 7/12/15

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
I am not italian and i might not get this right, but i really count on this thread! So post your goals for the week.

Mini goal:
Work at reducing sodium! keep it in the black, get it in the green but avoid the red! how did you do every day?

Replies

• HLaR79
    Options
    My goals this week,

Log everything
    Drink lots of water
    Exercise 3 times

Mini goal, i am well under in sodium today but i strugfle with this daily! Today i helped by avoiding processed foods like deli meat and canned soup
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My goals this week

Say no to bad stuff craft service - Yesterday I did well, and today so far doing well.
    Say no to dessert at home (5 out of 7) - I think I ended up having a licorice on Monday, and had a lemon chocolate square on Tuesday, under 60 each, instead of the ice cream sandwiches and ice cream my wife and mother in law are having.
    Get more walking in - Originally I thought Monday was going to be a light day, but we ended up going shopping and I chased my son around Costco racking up over 3000 steps and 28 active minutes, so that was a plus. Yesterday I thought would then be rest instead, but we ended up moving most of the superfluous stuff from our house to next door where we are moving, so end of day was over 5000 steps and lots of lifting. I imagine today will be the same, although I forgot my fitbit at home, so I'm not counting my day steps. :(

Thanks for starting this thread.
  • AmethystEFC
    AmethystEFC Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My goals this week...

Go back to the gym.
    Start my strength training at home again.
    Keep positive!

I hope the last one sticks. Was feeling the best I've felt in years for most of the day before my eldest daughter, who is autistic, had a really bad evening. Leaves you emotionally drained. I still stuck to my food goals for the day though, even if I did end up eating dinner at 10 at night.
  • 300to1derland
    300to1derland Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My goals:

Work out at least 3 times this week for 40 minutes (working up to 45 for next week)
    Look into some strength training videos/tutorials
    DRINK YOUR WATER! (grin)

Mini goal: Get out and have sushi with my hubby and friends (this is big for me as I struggle with agoraphobia).
  • emilym820
    emilym820 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Drink more water
    Log everyday
    Get at least 3 workouts in
    Cut back on the Diet Soda
  • Summershowalter
    Summershowalter Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This week I have one goal. Don't eat crap....ive.been struggling this week with wanting to eat a ton of junk. I haven't but the cravings are still there. I've only done one workout this week so hopefully I can kick my butt into gear. Also I'm going out of town so I'm hoping that doesn't impact my weight too badly. Both my husband's and my family's like to eat out.

Mini goal:
    I haven't really paid attention to my sodium. I'll have to check it out.
  • jlann55
    jlann55 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just started using my fitness pal, 3 days ago and so far so good, my goals for this week are to take one day at a time and not look too far ahead. To drink more water move more and be more aware of my sodium intake. These are small goals..... but one step at a time.
  • matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My goals for the week
    Be active 3 days
    Don't eat drive-through Monday through Friday afternoon.
    Be aware of what I'm eating while travelling this weekend. Bonus points for activity :)

Mini goal.
    I have no clue on my sodium. I don't lay attention to it. But I will this week. I'll report back.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Violet, lots of movement yay :) its hard to avoid stuff when.other people are enjoying, i think you made good compromise
    Great job amethyst, i get the tired mom, i pray for nights when the kids are not home so i can sleep a whole night, then i end up doing other stuff anyways
    Emily, when i did the more water less soda it was hard, i ended up having to bribe myself, now i have about 1 soda a week! Im rooting for you
    Summer, sometimes one goal is hard enough to handle!!! Great job

Jlann, welcome and that sounds like a good start

Mat: that sounds like some realistic goal setting

Mini goal update, yesterday i blew my sodium i had deli meat over two meals and then.corn pops for snack, my body knows im.puffy today
  • violet456
    Options
    My goals this week

Say no to bad stuff craft service - I managed to say no all day, well I did have three and only three fresh made chips that were part of the catered lunch, they are too good to resist.
    Say no to dessert at home (5 out of 7) - The official home dessert didn't happen yesterday as we were too busy, but I didn't partake in the cookies my wife had after dinner. So I ended up being under my calories, even though I didn't have my fitbit to add a few grace calories, yay.
    Get more walking in - Yesterday, for lunch I did my walk, I even got a coworker to come and we ended up doing a three block loop instead of one or two. Then in the evening, I went on two toddler speed walks, so they were slow, but walking none the less, and ended up carrying him home on the last one.

• violet456
    Options
    Today I found a great spot behind my work for my daytime walk that will get my heart pumping. I'm very happy about it. It is a steep incline that goes to unused underground parking, it is steeper than stairs (which I hate) and so I have to go down slow, but power up. Two times and my heart is pumping, and then I walk and go back to there to do it again to keep my heart up. I actually like the climb as it is short enough to not seem too much. Today was a total of three, but I hope tomorrow will be more. Today's walk was .64 miles at a pace of aprox 3.2 MPH. I'm pleased.
  • jlann55
    jlann55 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    thanks for the welcome HlaR79, it's encouraging to read all the posts.
  • Summershowalter
    Summershowalter Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ok so I've done ok on not eating crap. I did have a full out d.p. but only 1. I took a peek at my sodium and it was evenly bad and good. You can definatly tell the days where I ate packaged food and when I ate fresher foods. It's on my radar now.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Good to see everyone working hard:)

My goals are going well im drinking enough water, i exercised tuesday and Wednesday and have walking plans friday! And i am logging away!

Mini goal: i am over my sodium due to eating out :( i hate this schedule im on! tomorrow i am packing breakfast and lunch! I need a good end to this week!
  • violet456
    Options
    Jlann55 - Welcome

HLaR79 Good to go on your goals.

Summer: good tracking, sodium is a sneaky item, it hides everywhere when not looking.

I'm doing well, until today. I've said no to kraft service all week, yay. But today they had a stampede breakfast. I partook. All bad foods, but I logged and plan on having a light lunch later in the day, as this ended up being almost a double breakfast, as I had my usual toast and cream cheese for my breakfast, then had the pancake breakfast an hour later. Not a good day to have the day before weigh in.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Im curious in what you do violet, that the bring you so much food to work! Maybe you answered before but i may not have been paying attention!
    I work at a place, a treatment centre, where we have meals and snacks, but its easy to resist becauase its not so yummy, the hard part is resisiting the urge to go out for lunch with my friends

So, i sort of mentioned before i am doing this intense therapy stuff to do my emotional healing as part of my whole healing! it sucks for days afterwards i am a mess, i know i have to keep going but next week time im taking the next day off work i am so unproductive the past two days!

Well water is going down, walk is changed location but still planned, and sodium is better then yesterday. Time to get back to work

• violet456
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »
    Im curious in what you do violet, that the bring you so much food to work! Maybe you answered before but i may not have been paying attention!
    I work at a place, a treatment centre, where we have meals and snacks, but its easy to resist becauase its not so yummy, the hard part is resisiting the urge to go out for lunch with my friends

I work in the film industry. They provide what is called Kraft Service, which is a full snacking kitchen area with things like, licorice, chocolate, jube jubes, chips, oatmeal, cereal, toasts, bagels on Friday, fruit plate on Wednesday, plus pop, cheese, pepperoni, and random other treats, all for FREE. Which makes it even harder to resist. My worse offense was jube jubes, licorice and chocolate. I have stayed away from the packaged chips, but sometimes have the not good for you popcorn (flavor coated). This week I have not indulged in the above, weeks prior I had too much. They also have random days like pies, or ice cream from DQ, or sundae bar. It is a dieters nightmare. I try and say no most of the time, but it is hard. Grazing became my enemy, and so this week has been a hard NO, just walk away.

They also provide catered lunches every day from a variety of restaurants and styles, usually pretty good. I have opted to receive cash in lieu of taking lunches, which helps me say no.

Good luck on your emotional therapy. I can imagine how hard it is.

• lillie917
    lillie917 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    oh goodness! Free chocolate...
  • violet456
    Options
    lillie917 wrote: »
    oh goodness! Free chocolate...
    I know, too temping some days.

• violet456