What is Holding You Back?

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
Do you have anything that you feel is holding you back from attaining your goal? For me I hurt my back mid May, between the doctor and physical therapy, I'm still struggling. I am in hopes I get some answers next week after I have a spine MRI and rib MRI. Would love positive thoughts and prayers. I so don't want to go backwards

Replies

• Myweightlossdiary
    Myweightlossdiary Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Do you have anything that you feel is holding you back from attaining your goal? For me I hurt my back mid May, between the doctor and physical therapy, I'm still struggling. I am in hopes I get some answers next week after I have a spine MRI and rib MRI. Would love positive thoughts and prayers. I so don't want to go backwards

Oh. I hope that gets better for you! Great thread question by the way. For me, it's my ankles. I have a degenerate disorder where my cartilage in my feet (which happen to also be flat causing other problems) has been slowly depleting over time causing bones to rub against bones. I also have plantar fasciitis on top of that as well as osteoarthritis. On a good note, I've managed to lose 27 pounds so far and this has tremendously helped relieve pressure from my ankles. My doctor thinks if I can get under 200 pounds, it'll help even more and today I am officially only 10.2 pounds away from ONEderland! This news has re energized me and helped me push on, otherwise I would have easily used my ankle problems as an excuse to why I couldn't exercise.
  • kayjosh2422
    Options

Oh. I hope that gets better for you! Great thread question by the way. For me, it's my ankles. I have a degenerate disorder where my cartilage in my feet (which happen to also be flat causing other problems) has been slowly depleting over time causing bones to rub against bones. I also have plantar fasciitis on top of that as well as osteoarthritis. On a good note, I've managed to lose 27 pounds so far and this has tremendously helped relieve pressure from my ankles. My doctor thinks if I can get under 200 pounds, it'll help even more and today I am officially only 10.2 pounds away from ONEderland! This news has re energized me and helped me push on, otherwise I would have easily used my ankle problems as an excuse to why I couldn't exercise.

I so understand. .my knees both have osteoarthritis as well as little to no cartilage and bone spurs. I have lost about 60 pounds and it has helped my knees so much. I have been within. 12-15 pounds to onederland since Feb. I think I stalled due to fear reaching it..and maybe gaining back. I will say I was very happy to maintain for those months within five pounds. But now with the back and rib pain my walking has decreased..no jogging..no real exercise. Muscle relaxers make me munchies as well as boredom. I've got to get on track again. Lets make it to onederland together.
  • Myweightlossdiary
    Myweightlossdiary Posts: 185 Member
    Options

I so understand. .my knees both have osteoarthritis as well as little to no cartilage and bone spurs. I have lost about 60 pounds and it has helped my knees so much. I have been within. 12-15 pounds to onederland since Feb. I think I stalled due to fear reaching it..and maybe gaining back. I will say I was very happy to maintain for those months within five pounds. But now with the back and rib pain my walking has decreased..no jogging..no real exercise. Muscle relaxers make me munchies as well as boredom. I've got to get on track again. Lets make it to onederland together.

Sounds like a plan! You are a trooper by the way! I hope others add to this thread too. I'm curious what things hold them back. Sometimes I feel weight loss is more of a psychological battle with ourselves then it is a physical battle. Love this group by the way. :smile:
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Myself - I know I tend to over-eat in between after the evening meal and before bedtime, but I still fall for it and regret it the morning after. So me myself and I - am holding me back - and I know what to do about it.
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    After dinner snacking is a hard one and celery sticks don't often cut it. Lol I try to leave some calories on the table for a late evening snack. Sometimes its a small scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt..some times a few chips. .lately its been fresh berries..a few dollops of whipped cream and a little chocolate sauce. Lol
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough my pets ( whom I love dearly) saga started when Imp needed dental. after losing his brother day after an op I worried myself silly even though his heart scan was clear. Had to have peanut in the same week with what I thought was a bug ( turned out to be a three week saga, major op with daily visits to the vet when he was on drip). Just got this behind me and a foster cats escaped. At least I kept walking to the vets plus also looking for missing guy. However the temptation to reach for sugary snacks has floored me. Also has cut into gym and sleep time. Either haven't had the time or really not been in mood. Luckily it's not affected weight yet but really need to get sorted.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Several things combine to hold me back at times:
    1. I take a daily medication where the two main side effects are weight gain and joint pain. I'm fighting against the first one and fighting through the second. I often have to work through the initial discomfort to loosen up my joints before I feel like I'm getting to the actual exercise.
    2. I set an initial goal of 165 and reached it. I fit back into lots of my favorite clothes. I still need to lose another 20, but reaching that first goal has made me complacent.
    3. I <3 wine. :D
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    After dinner snacking is a hard one and celery sticks don't often cut it. Lol I try to leave some calories on the table for a late evening snack. Sometimes its a small scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt..some times a few chips. .lately its been fresh berries..a few dollops of whipped cream and a little chocolate sauce. Lol

I usually only eat half a yogurt cup with granola in the morning. I freeze the other half and eat as a late night snack. Frozen yogurt and only about 50-60 calories. I also will blend berries or other fruit and freeze into "fruitsicles". Yum!!
  • runningsahm
    runningsahm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I also tend to binge at night. I've had a good week logging and steady weight loss this week. So now I'm feeling pretty good and I want to eat everything in the house today. It's T.O.M. and that doesn't help, but I think I'll be chewing a ton of gum today to try and stay on track.
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I also tend to binge at night. I've had a good week logging and steady weight loss this week. So now I'm feeling pretty good and I want to eat everything in the house today. It's T.O.M. and that doesn't help, but I think I'll be chewing a ton of gum today to try and stay on track.

I'm the same. It's tough, I keep trying to do as much positive self talk as I can. Just walking around in the backyard for a few minutes helps to curb my urge to grab for extra food. Yep! I'm a gum chewer too! :)
  • LadyScorpio67
    LadyScorpio67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I think mine is wishing there were more hours in the day. I get home around 5:30 and give my pups some love, change and get my walk in, then take them for their walk, dinner, dishes, shower.....well you get the picture. By the time it's all said and done, it's about time for bed. I'd like to add more in the line of exercise during the week, but there isn't much time to fit more in.
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    My only real problem is ME!!! (luckily I have no known health problems). I lack motivation a lot of the time and am not very good at depriving myself of things I want to eat and relaxation time. This past week I felt like I was at my lowest, just felt like giving up and staying home all the time. I have very little clothes that fit anymore and they're pretty tight. I felt like I finally hit bottom. This week so far I've been tracking my meals, and getting some walking in. I've lost a little so far, so I'm looking forward to what the coming weeks can bring!!!
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    While my back is holding me back from running or even walking at a good clip..now two of my capped teeth came off the other day while eating. Now I'm being told they need to be extracted. Needless to say I'm devastated and can't eat anything thats not soft right now. Down three pounds this week. I cannot see the oral surgeon until the 28th for a consultation. Feeling really off kilter these days and I hate it.
  • lindadprice
    lindadprice Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »

I usually only eat half a yogurt cup with granola in the morning. I freeze the other half and eat as a late night snack. Frozen yogurt and only about 50-60 calories. I also will blend berries or other fruit and freeze into "fruitsicles". Yum!!

These are both good ideas. My problem is I started snacking a lot. Maybe if I do one snack a day. I might try the frozen yogurt thing.