What's your favorite Crock-Pot Recipe?

Options
2»

Replies

• MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Julia! I haven't tried the cheesy potatoes yet, but I'm planning on it.
  • summerluno2
    Options
    making 'lasagna soup' as I write … if it comes out good, I'll share the recipe!!!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    It came out good! Link below -- I made 1 change in that I browned the hamburger first, I'm extremely leery of not browning hamburg before it goes in crockpot. Everything else I followed to the T. Yum!

http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2012/11/slow-cooker-crockpot-lasagna-soup.html
  • julia_v1
    julia_v1 Posts: 187 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Ooh nice one summerluno2 - I bought some elbow pasta today so think I'll substitute and give it a whirl next week. Thanks for sharing. Always good to know about a tried, tested and tasted recipe.
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Here's another recipe to make up for taking so long on the mac and cheese.

Cheesy Crock Potatoes

24 oz. pkg. frozen shredded hashbrowns, thawed
    1 can cream of potato soup
    16 oz. container ranch dip
    1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
    salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
    6 oz. can French Fried Onions

Combine all ingredients in the crockpot except the onions. Cook on low for 4-6 hours, stirring once. Sprinkle with onions before serving. Serves 4-6

this sounds yum! (and a little fatty, but hey!!!) :smiley:
  • summerluno2
    Options
    I like homemade macaroni and cheese in the crockpot, and BBQ pulled pork.

Michelle, what is your homemade mac n cheese recipe?

I have to work today, but I'll get it to you either tomorrow, or Tuesday. It's not low cal or anything, but it's so darn good that I don't really care! LOL!

Ha Ha … love it! Once in a while, it's okay!!! :) thanks for posting soon!

So sorry I didn't get this out! I was sick Monday and Tuesday; back to work on Wednesday, and it slipped my mind. Here it is, and trust me, it's worth the wait!

Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese

2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
    2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
    1 cup milk
    1 can cheddar cheese soup
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, dry mustard

Boil macaroni for 7 minutes, drain. In saucepan, melt butter. Add cheese and stir until melted. Add salt, pepper, dry mustard, soup, sour cream and milk; blend well. Pour 1/2 of cheese sauce into bottom of sprayed crockpot. Add macaroni and top with remaining sauce. Stir well. Cook on low for 2 hours.

I hope you weren't expecting a low fat recipe! LOL!

Just turned this on in the crockpot!!!! Bringing to family gathering tonight. Thanks for sharing!
  • sandraeward
    sandraeward Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Berry Balsamic Pork
    1 cup unsweetened frozen mixed berries
    1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    2 cloves garlic, peeled
    1/2 large red onion chopped
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1.5 pound pork loin

place all ingredients but the pork loin blender. blend until you have a nice smelly smoothie
    Place the pork loin in the crock pot, pour the smoothie over the pork. Cook on low 6-8 hours

Serve with steamed cauliflower.

• julia_v1
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Here's one from my low carb recipe book

Coconut Thai Curry Chicken Breasts
    Cooking Time: 4 hours 30 minutes
    Servings: 8
    Calories: 199 (if not served with rice)

Ingredients: 900 gm chicken breasts
    400 ml coconut milk
    100 gm green curry paste
    2 whole jalapeno peppers
    1 teaspoon salt
    Some assorted vegetables (carrot, celery, French bean, broccoli) whatever takes your fancy

Lay the chicken pieces in the slow cooker.
    Mix the coconut milk, curry paste, jalapeno peppers and the salt in a bowl. Stir well. Pour over chicken (You can also add the veg now depending on how you like them to taste or later see below)
    Cook for 4 hours on low.
    Add the assorted vegetables (if you haven't already and cook for another 30 minutes.

Serve garnished with some lemon wedges on the side. If you don't mind a few carbs you can also serve with a side of Jasmine, Brown or steamed rice.

Enjoy!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    MichelleV1990 - the mac n cheese was great --- thanks!!!

Julia, that chicken sounds good -- have you made it? How spicy is it?
  • julia_v1
    Options
    Not quite yet summerluno2 but I don't like my food to be too spicy so you can drop out the jalapeno peppers. Thought I'd post it as it sounds so delicious (love, love love coconut) - will update soon on how it was.
  • MichelleV1990
    Options
    MichelleV1990 - the mac n cheese was great --- thanks!!!

Julia, that chicken sounds good -- have you made it? How spicy is it?

You're welcome, Summerluno; I'm so glad you liked it!
  • MichelleV1990
    Options
    Berry Balsamic Pork
    1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    2 cloves garlic, peeled
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    1.5 pound pork loin

place all ingredients but the pork loin blender. blend until you have a nice smelly smoothie
    Place the pork loin in the crock pot, pour the smoothie over the pork. Cook on low 6-8 hours

This sounds really good except I don't like balsamic vinegar. I wonder if could substitute it with fat free raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing?
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Doing the 5 Ingredient Pot Roast right now. (and it SMELLS so GOOD!) It's not a new recipe...it's made the rounds, I am sure, but it is so YUM! I do moderate carbs (<100/day...NOT low carb) so I don't do the normal veggies, I just do the meat and other 4 ingredients...and serve it shredded over mashed cauliflower.
  • sandraeward
    sandraeward Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Berry Balsamic Pork
    1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    2 cloves garlic, peeled
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    1.5 pound pork loin

This sounds really good except I don't like balsamic vinegar. I wonder if could substitute it with fat free raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing?

That sounds like it would work.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Berry Balsamic Pork
    1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    2 cloves garlic, peeled
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    1.5 pound pork loin

Went shopping today, making this for a pot luck luncheon on Saturday....so looking forward to it! BONUS: I even found a great, super-high quality balsamic...ON SALE!!!
  • julia_v1
    Options
    Sounds wonderful and another one to add to the shopping list. Thanks for sharing.
  • vanillarose77
    vanillarose77 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It came out good! Link below -- I made 1 change in that I browned the hamburger first, I'm extremely leery of not browning hamburg before it goes in crockpot. Everything else I followed to the T. Yum!

http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2012/11/slow-cooker-crockpot-lasagna-soup.html

this sounds really good and i'm the same way about cooking hamburger before putting it in the crockpot funny i don't do that with chicken or anything else..lol i'm gonna have to try this
  • julia_v1
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Yes, there's something about ground beef that always makes you want to brown it up first. Let us know how the recipe worked out for you @vanillarose77 and welcome to the group!
  • vanillarose77
    vanillarose77 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    thank you i will let you know as soon as i make it...lol making a grocery list for friday (payday)