Progress Report

Options
13»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you got a body more than willing to slow down, and speed up for that matter.
    I'll bet you had more than a potential 500 cal deficit in there.

Of course the fast water weight gain required no change of calories to lose - merely time.

I'll bet the reason for keeping the water weight gain has changed though.
    Probably started with increased sodium, perhaps some extra carbs (if that included, shows still in decent deficit).
    But then as you got stressed about it, shifted to stress retained water.

I'll bet you reverse diet and lose the stress, you'll drop the water.

And lesson learned - you do a big deficit - body won't be happy, it'll adapt fast.

Fitbit TDEE is probably underestimated too.

You comment on can't exercise much more - what is current weekly routine, and what is the intensity of the different days if different?
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Bonniejo, Did you decide to try reverse diet? I like to keep up with the progress of all those doing resets. It is scary stuff some times. Hoping you see a good result soon. Hang in there!
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I talked to SideSteel (who I will be working with once I move in a month, which is awesome!) and he suggested I keep trucking, pay more attention to random snacks and weighing, eat more filling foods, and put my scale up on a shelf for a few days and ignore it. I'm also doing a refeed to TDEE whenever I feel like I need it. We will see what happens. Just knowing he's in my corner makes me feel better though :)
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Bonniejo, wow, that is awesome. SideSteel and sarauk2sf gained my respect quickly after I joined MFP, so many posers around, but those two are awesome.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that method will help the stress greatly, and watch very carefully how you are feeling and how workouts are going.
    Don't cheat yourself of those TDEE days just because you think you need a deficit all the time.