Tracking blood glucose levels

Options
llydting
llydting Posts: 3 Member
Does anyone know how to do this so that it shows up on the screen where you enter your food diary? I have been searching but just can't figure it out! Thanks bunches!!!!

Replies

• KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    You can take a look at my diary, if you like the way I do mine, you can copy it to yours and track away.
    If you need to be a friend to copy it just let me know.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Your feed is private but I'd love to see that! I wonder how to do that, too. Thanks!
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    My diary is public, I have no secrets. o:)
  • zcb94
    Options
    That's odd. I might have to befriend you for inspiration.
  • zcb94
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    That's odd. I might have to befriend you for inspiration.
    Ok, FR sent! I look forward to your response.
  • zcb94
    Options
    You can take a look at my diary, if you like the way I do mine, you can copy it to yours and track away.
    If you need to be a friend to copy it just let me know.
    I did need to be a friend, so thanks for the accept! MFP wouldn't let me style my diary like that :huh: :confused:, but I managed something similar via the glorious Notes function that just might work.
  • zcb94
    Options
    After a little tinkering, I got it to work and am excited to see that strategy in action. Thanks, Ken, for the help!
  • zcb94
    Options
    llydting wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to do this so that it shows up on the screen where you enter your food diary? I have been searching but just can't figure it out! Thanks bunches!!!!
    Did you figure it out? @KenSmith108 had to tutor me on his technique but I think I'll love it! I'd be glad to pass along what I just learned if needed!
  • llydting
    llydting Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    zcb94 I still cant figure it out. Sent you a friend request, that would be awesome!
  • zcb94
    Options
    llydting wrote: »
    zcb94 I still cant figure it out. Sent you a friend request, that would be awesome!
    Okay, it seems to me that @KenSmith108 created a custom "food" that enabled him to track blood glucose levels. He made slots for before and after breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as a spot to track his medicines and exercise where applicable. All I did was send a friend request so that I could see his diary. He made a secion called Diabetes Stuff, and, like I said, made a custom "food" where one serving is one mg/Dl, or whatever the unit for blood sugar is. Once there, you can enter the number you get each time you test. If, when you copy a day from his diary, a time slot or medication is not applicable to you, simply access the red minus sign for that item, click it and, poof, get rid of that item. I hope this helps!
  • theayn
    theayn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've done this by adding 7 custom Measurements on the check-in page (Fasting, After Breakfast, Noon, After Lunch, etc...). Doesn't show up on the food page, but lets you view graphs to show your trends.
  • rbakedq
    rbakedq Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    What I did was create a number of custom "my foods" and add those to my various meals. Not ideal, but it gets all the info in one place. See attached image for an example.

Rich8vmduxvazbo7.png