60+ Friends to Connect With?

Options
CaroleH15
CaroleH15 Posts: 23 Member
I did a couple of rounds of MFP, but with 12 months of frustrating thyroid and hormonal health issues (and weight gain!) I threw in the towel. I am feeling better and seem to be on the right dosage of meds, so I want to take a stab at this again. I follow a lower carb food plan coupled with Paleo/Primal (but will never be 100%!) Would love to connect with other folks my age, even if we are not exactly on the same path. We all have the same goal in mind...to lose weight and be healthy, right? Friend me if that sounds good to you, too, and we'll move forward together!

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Hey, sent you a PM friend request. Glad to see you posting again.
  • CaroleH15
    CaroleH15 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks it's great to re-connect!
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hello to all new members that come are way, this is a great place to be!!
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Hi there...hope all are enjoying the 4th of July.
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    He new/returning people. I can't think of a more supportive place to be than this group.
  • christineblackburn
    christineblackburn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm new to this group thats me on the left before I lost a couple of stone but I'm struggling to shift the last few pounds even though I go to slimming world where I've made lot of friends looking forward to speaking to new friends on here x
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Welcome Christine and congratulations on your weight lose. The rest will come just to quickly.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Welcome to a supportive group. Gorgeous baby in you photo. Sharon
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Christine! We are prepared to cheer you on to success. ~ Kathy
  • grandmafish6
    grandmafish6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.....I am new again. Need friends to help me get started and friends along the journey. Not certain how to connect with others out here.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Welcome Grandmafish6. This is a very supportive and active group. Browse our topics and just jump in if you have any comments, questions, or concerns.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Keep forgetting to put this note in.
    If there is someone you'd like to friend, tap/click on their picture, picture icon, or name. You get a menu that includes Add Friend. Enter your name and a message. A friend request then is sent by MFP to that person. They then can accept or decline.
    Most of us have small friend lists, as it takes time to fulfill the unwritten social contact of reading posts, and offering encouragement and insight on food diaries.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I, too am coming back! So not really a newbie but a newbie again!

@Grok_Granny I am on Paleo eating plan totally. I have done very well and do not see me eating standard menu again. But, I was diagnosed with a rare stomach disease (SM) a year ago. Paleo seems to be my answer for the SM as once I started I have not had many of the daily pains that are associated with this disease.

• retirehappy
    Options
    Glad you are back Reba. We have to do what is best for our bodies, glad you found something healing for you.
  • sherriholmes54
    sherriholmes54 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    61 soon. looking for others to connect with. Please feel free to add me
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Welcome Sherri. I primarily post to groups and maintain only a very small group of friends. Feel free to join any of our threads, we are supportive and friendly and many of us post daily or almost daily here.
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Welcome more new people!!! It seems our group is going through a growth streak!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi there ! My name is Mary Ann & I live in NY. Just turned 64. Been on MFP for awhile after losing weight with South Beach Diet. I used to be so consistent, logging daily. Had actually "joined" this group but never even got around to saying "hi" ..... work & home gobbled up all my time. Now I'm on MFP again ..... hope to hear some pleasant conversation & occasional advice. Wishing everyone a super day !
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Welcome back verptwerp. We are a friendly and supportive group here. Always room for one more :) Be sure to check out the personal challenge thread for October, and we have some other stickies listed at the top of our group page that has good info.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Mary Ann. What is that adorable fuzzy creature in your photo? ~ Kathy