Online binge eating scale test

Options

Replies

• felinasbeads
    felinasbeads Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yup. I scored a 36 out of 46. Severe Binge Eating Disorder. Hi. I'm Margaret and I live to binge. :(
  • MissElectricEyeliner
    MissElectricEyeliner Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    28 out of 46. I've been a binge eater since I was a kid. I've been trying to work on it more and more. I'm pretty sure it's linked to my depression and anxiety in some forms.
  • mixedbag4444
    mixedbag4444 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    A month ago I got 29, now I'm at 23!!! A personal NSV for me :)
  • everythingsweet
    everythingsweet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    34 I hate food and eating so much :(
  • LetterToCorinth
    LetterToCorinth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I scored a 27, right on the edge of severe. I guess I knew that. Really hoping this group helps me get this thing under control. :( I can go for a month or two, and then eat one thing I shouldn't, and there I am, eating enough for a family of four.
  • iona_ellen
    iona_ellen Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I got 33
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    27, and its been worse in the past. i feel like i am taking positive steps.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I originally scored a 37 a while back when I was in the deep of it. Now, I scored an 8. I just want to cry. It makes me so happy to see that. I haven't binged in a bit, but I know I'm not totally out of the woods. You never really are, but it's nice to see confirmation that things have improved so much.
  • fit4life796
    fit4life796 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was at a 29 and knew it would be up there in that binge category.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    crepes_ wrote: »
    I originally scored a 37 a while back when I was in the deep of it. Now, I scored an 8. I just want to cry. It makes me so happy to see that. I haven't binged in a bit, but I know I'm not totally out of the woods. You never really are, but it's nice to see confirmation that things have improved so much.

How did you do it crepes? What changed?

So happy for your success :)
  • luna16belle
    luna16belle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    35/46 severe....
  • firebloom
    firebloom Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I scored a 15 but that's probably because I manage to control it mostly. I think about food constantly though.
  • misery_bear
    misery_bear Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • misery_bear
    misery_bear Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    crepes_ wrote: »

How did you do it crepes? What changed?

So happy for your success :)

Thanks so much! Something clicked one day. You know how that feels, like when you're on a good streak of a few days where you feel much more human and less animalistic. I talked it out with my husband, I distracted myself a ton, and I stopped tracking for a bit to get out of the mindset that everything has to be about food. After a week of trying really really hard and having to actively repeat "You aren't going to binge" over and over again, I suddenly had to stop trying and it just become a new normal. It felt very familiar. A couple years ago, I had a period of a few years in which I didn't binge once. It was like that version of me woke up. It's like getting it out of my system and doing a hard reset helped me get rid of those feelings that became part of my persona.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hmm...I got 12 out of 46, but this test did not fully score the type of specific food impulse/binge issues I normally get... Interesting.

Of course, when I was at my worst/heaviest - 2007-2010, my answers would have been FAR FAR different.
  • redrosez4
    redrosez4 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I got 34 out of a possible 46. Doesn't shock me...
  • JessiLynnFit
    JessiLynnFit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I remember taking this a year or 2 ago and I scored really high ... life is so much different now. I scored very low this time. It's possible to beat binge eating.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I got 24..."moderate binging behavior." I took a second time and answered the way I would have two months ago, and got 29- "severe binging behavior." It's comforting to see the improvement, though small, and that test really got me thinking... It seems like my biggest problems are related to feelings of embarrassment, shame, and guilt, and the fact those feelings overwhelm me all day every day. I try very hard to stay positive and confident about the future and achieving my goals...but the whole "love myself as-is" concept is something I can't quite grasp yet...
  • Megarachnid
    Megarachnid Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I got a 34, but it was hard to answer some of the questions. Some days are better than others.