HELP- I get bored with regular gym exercises

Options
cmt12345
cmt12345 Posts: 64 Member
Hello ladies! I want to build muscle and sculpt but the problem is that I always get too bored with just going to the gym and lifting weights/using the machines. I am a dancer and an outdoorsy person (my cardio), so I enjoy different types of fitness routines. Any suggestions or different exercise routines those of you that are in to building muscle?

Replies

• Kriistabell
    Kriistabell Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I don't know for sure if you'd like this because I have never done it, but you might be interested in crossfit training. It is kind of a team-like sport so I don't think you'll be bored, plus you can do a lot with outdoors training if you join a team! Good luck :smile:
  • Sherryfood95
    Sherryfood95 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Triathalon is great for out door people, I should know. Join a club and train with others, lots of ours outside with teammates. Or, find a Pilates class. I do a body bar class that has weights and Pilates moves. Never boring.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    What kind of program are you on at the gym? I despise machines.

You can also look into park and playground workouts. Run a lap, pullups on monkey bars, run stairs. It's a blast
  • DStroyNKonker
    DStroyNKonker Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm a little ADD when it comes to fitness so the more diverse the training the better. I am training for a half marathon so I run about 5-6km 4 days a week and do a long run 10+km on the weekend. In the fall I start a fourth session of pole fitness classes. I lift weights at the gym twice a week (or at home). I play roller derby and practice twice a week. Then to fill in the gaps I throw in a P90X3 workout after my run a few mornings a week.
    It seems like alot but during the week I get up at 5:45 and most days it's only a one hour workout. Derby practice is 2 hours but on those days I don't do anything else.
    I love biking and swimming too.
    If you have the opportunity to get out and try different things, do it.It's the only way to find out what you love. My body is slowly changing and I'm getting stronger all the time. The best part is I'm not bored and I'm having a great time and meeting amazing people:)
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Check out 12 Minute Athlete and ZuzkaLight on Youtube. You will find they both do workouts in various locations -- outdoors, on the beach, in a park, etc. They are quick, use little to no equipment, don't require taking classes or being in a gym, and they will kick your tail!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I get really bored, too as well as lazy when left to my own devices. I found a gym that is similar to Crossfit but not as intense. It incorporates cardio, resistance training, light weights and bodyweight exercises all in one 45 minute small-group class that is led by an instructor. Every class we never know what form of torture exercise the instructor has dreamed up for us that day. Maybe look for something similar, or check out crossfit.
  • MrsSchimmy
    MrsSchimmy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Have you ever thought about functional training? I do a combination of lift really heavy free weights and some lighter weighted functional training things.

Think TRX, battle ropes, sled pull/push/ etc.
  • cmt12345
    cmt12345 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm a little ADD when it comes to fitness so the more diverse the training the better. I am training for a half marathon so I run about 5-6km 4 days a week and do a long run 10+km on the weekend. In the fall I start a fourth session of pole fitness classes. I lift weights at the gym twice a week (or at home). I play roller derby and practice twice a week. Then to fill in the gaps I throw in a P90X3 workout after my run a few mornings a week.
    It seems like alot but during the week I get up at 5:45 and most days it's only a one hour workout. Derby practice is 2 hours but on those days I don't do anything else.
    I love biking and swimming too.
    If you have the opportunity to get out and try different things, do it.It's the only way to find out what you love. My body is slowly changing and I'm getting stronger all the time. The best part is I'm not bored and I'm having a great time and meeting amazing people:)

I am the exact same way :D Awesome to find that there are others like me haha!
  • Jen2133
    Jen2133 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Crossfit is an excellent choice for your goals. I started three months ago and I am really seeing the difference in my body. I think it has jump-started my weight-loss as I was very cardio-focused before.

I also run and mountain bike, and am a former triathlete, so I fully support those activities, too as outside options.

Mix it up!