40 High Knees w/Arm Pumps
25s Plank
15s Side Plank...each side
15 Glute Bridges
20s Wall Squat
10 Side Leg Lifts...each side
10 Push-ups
20 Weighted Scarecrows

Let me know what you think. Have fun!! ;)

Chris

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,893 Member
    Options
    Scarecrow, I vaguely remember those! :smiley:

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Scarecrow, I vaguely remember those! :smiley:

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,700 Member
    Options
    Chris, You're going to have to walk Bean with your left hard. Equal-opportunity stretched arms. So glad your husband is feeling better!!

Went to a potluck and so many friends are considering knee replacements. Love being an example of what they can look forward to. Not waiting two months to wash laundry... because the washer's down those daunting stairs. Not making husband fetch water, book, glasses, dinner, breakfast, keys, cat, TV remote, toothbrush & spittoon ... because getting up out of that chair is so hard. Not walking... because it makes the knee throb with pain. All of that is gone, gone, gone!

I did a little bit of arm dumbbells tonight. It helps to have the weights next to my chair. Too sleepy to get up and do pushups, but always have time to lift a little.

:flowerforyou: Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Paula that all sounds wonderful. And what a great hubby to have helped you so much. :smile:

Well my vacation is over. :( Work, then paint some more and that is my planned day. The chairs need assembling is all. But I am cleaning and painting the concrete table and benches. This paint says to add a second coat after 4 hours or before 48 hours. Or I will need to sand! No way, sanding is extra work. And it must not rain for 48 hours. Picky picky. It would help if I had another tarp. I am sick of buying things.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,418 Member
    Options
  • cpanus
    Options
    DDD and I went out to the Teacher's store in Walnut Creek to get supplies for her classroom. DH and I help her out each year because the teachers don't get enough $$ for extras. We do the extras. Then we hit the gym. I am still so sore from our Saturday workout, but that didn't matter...she insisted I do all the exercises...sore or not!! She would make an excellent trainer!

I only have 2.5 miles for 5450 steps. It was crazy hot today. We get Bean tomorrow morning...DDD and SIL are having the interior of their house painted...so if it's still cool, Bean and I will go walking.

Okay, that's it for today...must finish my book.

I hope you are all doing terrific!

Chris
  • lcarls71
    lcarls71 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies :) I am still here and doing so-so. I tried to catch up on everything I have missed and it seems there has been a lot going on. Still loving the job although I wish they would make up their minds as to which area they would like me to work in :/

Well we made it through DD grad party unscathed. It was a beautiful day and everything party related went well. However everything else seemed to go bonkers :o Our sprinkler guy crushed our underground drainage tubes when he plumbed the system and just about flooded out the basement with these crazy monsoons we have been having. Thank goodness we caught it before that happened though. Our freezers defrost went bonkers and decided to stay on all night and practically cooked everything in the freezer. DD car trunk latch broke when we were hauling stuff to the party. SMH, but all in all we came out of it fairly well. Freezer and drainage all fixable and DD has rigged her latch until we can get it welded.

I have been managing a decent step rate daily/weekly but I need to get more strength training into my workout. Stocking parts is fairly physical so I am pooped after work and don't really feel up to lifting even more stuff. Two weeks until vacation, man I hope I can get into those shorts :#

Have a great night ladies.

Lynnette
  • PaulaKro
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hot and muggy here today but getting a nice breeze as the sun sets. Might as well work up a good glow tonight to go with the day's sweat. Going to add knee flexes, pushups, dips & planks to the dumbbells.

Lynnette, Seems you get plenty of weight lifting at work. Sorry everything went kerplunk. Sounds like you're making a sweet lemonade out of it. Are you like really grounded? You deal so well... :smile:

Chris, When you gave Shelley the :heart: :heart: link, I expected some monstrous challenge. But it was just scarecrows. Made me laugh!

Shelley, It was surprising to hear your vacation was over. With all the hauling and painting and zumba-ing, I had missed that vacationing was ever involved...

Take care, all!
    Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Paula, I looked long and hard on youtube for a hunky scarecrow...no luck! It took me a very, very long time and for some reason I ended up in pull-ups and chest presses...oh, my! :o almost forgot what I was there for... :#

Lynnette, I'm sorry for all your disasters and amazed at how logical you are! Your job seems exercise enough.

Shelley, how's work?

Later, my friends.

Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Walked with Bean for two miles, brought him home to DH then went out to finish my walk. Later I got on the recumbent bike for 12.0 miles. Then I went to the store. ...should have eaten first... :o

So far I have 6.91 walking miles, 12.0 biking miles and 13,335 steps. It's still hot!!

I hope you all have a grand evening and a terrific Wednesday!

Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Paula...Have you seen the Santa Cruz Organic Creamy Dark Roasted Peanut Butter, yet? ...yeah, yumm! I just found it in Lucky's yesterday...put it in my stew today...had to clean off the knife I used to stir it then the spoon I used to get it in the measuring cup then the measuring cup after I plopped the majority of it in the stew. VVEERRYY GGOOOODD! :D

Walked w/Bean for 30 minutes, dropped him off w/DH and finished my walk. Got on the recumbent for 12.0 miles and a episode of GRIMM!! Shopped for soup ingredients and then made my version of African Peanut Stew.

I have 7.69 miles walking for 15,283 steps and 12.0 miles on the recumbent bike.

It was a good day!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Rest day for me yesterday. Just a couple planks and 10 pushups tonight. Minimal but something...

Chris, I eat Adams chunky and often forget how yummy it makes things. Hmmm... thank you for the reminder. :cookie:

I've hit 150 again, must buckle down and start losing again. At night, I just start nibbling... That's my problem...

Glad you're having good days, Chris. Mine vary. A position was cut a year ago and the work doled out to the remaining two of us with the understanding we'd get recognition and OT - yeah right. Our concerns get treated with "well just do it." Love my job mostly, but its discouraging to be treated with that disrespect. Keep dreaming of a nonexistent workplace... But its fun to dream. :ohwell:

Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Paula--I eat Adams creamy!! ... but the Santa Cruz PB hit home because we lived in San Jose for a long time...DH was born there...DDD was born there...and we would drive over to Santa Cruz to fish on the pier and dope around. Anyway...it's a California peanut butter...makes it special!

I'm up 14 pounds, so I have to buckle down and start losing again, too. Do you have a plan? *sigh*

Well, back to sleepy-land for me.

Chris
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,267 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I've been absent this week because of a family issue. My youngest sister has been in the hospital since Sunday. She's better and may go home today. But she will have to make a lifestyle change and her husband and 4 kids are onboard.

Again this is a case of giving everything to your family and maybe not taking care of yourself. But it's her turn now. And now it's time for me to get back with it myself.

Happy Thursday.
    Kathy
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    have any of you had luck with increasing your calorie intake and not using the exercise calories? I'm so short and only weigh 127 so MFP gives me 1200 calories to lose those troublesome 3-5 pounds I want to use. But 1200 is not much!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Clara, I haven't had any luck. I have 14 pounds to go.

And today was a total REST DAY for me. No walking...no recumbent...no gym. Slug!! Oh, eyeball exercises! Reading counts...right?

Tomorrow I'm going w/DDD to get her oil changed first thing in the morning. I'm going to try to walk at 6:30. We shall see.

I hope everyone is doing great!

Chris

• cpanus
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Got my walk done at 6:30 this morning then went with DDD to Walnut Creek. We went shoe shopping and then to lunch at The Salad Makers...pretty fun place. They make your salad to order while you're standing there.

I have 6.42 miles for 12,136 steps so far today.

Finished my book...starting a new one. It's pretty hot here today. I'm glad I got out there early. Hitting the gym w/DDD and SIL in the morning. Hoping it's cool enough to walk afterwards. We shall see.

DH is doing everything for himself now! I might get him ice water once or twice during the day, but he's up and around...still using the walker but so much better!

I sure hope everyone is doing okay. It's pretty quiet around here... :o

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Chris, It makes me so happy to hear about your DH. :smiley: ((happy dance dizzy feet)) So what were you doing up in the middle if the night. The words "back to sleepy-land" sound so unlike you. Was that an anomaly or have you become a night owl, sans alarm clock?

Clara, At 5'9" and not very active, MFP gave me 1350 to maintain, but I increased it to 1450ish and found that to be too much. The pounds sneak on and I have to take them back off.

Nap-time. I love weekends when you can sleep when you're tired and get up when you're not, no matter what time of day or night it is. (There's no such thing as insomnia on the weekends.)

Best to all,
    Paula

• zumbaforever
    Options
    Ok, work was late most nights. Zumba on Tuesday and Thursday. Grandsons 13th birthday was tonight. Having my pit bull grand dog over for the weekend. She is a big baby full of to much energy! My Joey will expect to be held all the time by me. Need to paint, and pour concrete this weekend. Making a hippo, 3 piece, stepping stone. And a new one that is seriously awesome. Ordered the molds from Canada. Also pouring a birdbath for one of the tank mover friends as payment. :)

Timmy has to go see the vet tomorrow. More later on him. Tanks need cleaned. I will try and catch back up, missed you all. Oh and have decided what to do with the 65 gallon tank. SEAHORSES! :p Also digging up some daylilies and composting them. They have been given numerous chances to be spectacular. Nope! Blooms consistently do not open well and rarely get taller than the plant. But I will post the photos of the new chairs for your opinions later tomorrow.

Have a great Saturday everyone,

Yes Chris I must have forgotten to mention I was off last week. It was a working vacation. The best kind. :wink:

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    KAR1959 wrote: »
    Good morning. I've been absent this week because of a family issue. My youngest sister has been in the hospital since Sunday. She's better and may go home today. But she will have to make a lifestyle change and her husband and 4 kids are onboard.

Again this is a case of giving everything to your family and maybe not taking care of yourself. But it's her turn now. And now it's time for me to get back with it myself.

Happy Thursday.
    Kathy

Kathy wishing you and your family the best, hugs. Life changes are so tough. Glad she has support. I hope she was able to go home. Looks like you are taking something positive from this event. Good luck.

I have not read over everything my friends. So if I missed something important, it is temporary.

Hugs, Shelley