judykat's loggin road

Options

Replies

• judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Finished logging yesterday this morning. Did a pretty good job of the logging part but I did not like my numbers. Calories were OK but protein and fiber numbers were low. I also didn't drink near enough water for a hot day spent mostly outside working around the farm. Maybe I forgot a couple bottles?
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have a one-off day where I don't drink much water. I usually assume that I forgot a few. Sounds like a good weekend all the way around!
  • judykat7
    Options
    I have logged the 6th, 7th, and 8th. Protein needs to be higher, calories have been good enough. Water is not up to par. Have had some real sugar cravings lately. I have got 4 workouts in the last 3 days so that is a good thing.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Great work! :)
  • judykat7
    Options
    I did not do a good job of logging last night, tried to finish this morning and forgot my dessert. I couldn't get enough to eat last night. After getting home from work I had ribs (just a taste) then went for a quick 6 mile bike ride, did chores, walked the dogs, watered the flowers, then had pork steak, pita chips, corn on the cob, steamed fingerlings and baby carrots, salad, berry gellette with cinnamon ice cream...I was so miserable. Doing better so far today. Have a 30 mile bike ride tomorrow. The Tour De Donut. You get minutes off your time for every donut you eat. I feel like I was training to eat donuts not ride my bike!
  • randomtai
    Options
    Mmm donuts... At least you are getting back into it... I hope you have a great race.
  • judykat7
    Options
    Went out of my way to log over the weekend and had some good food and some good numbers! Had a great weekend too.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    That's awesome Judykat!
  • judykat7
    Options
    Another two days of complete logging. Numbers good. Got about 25 miles on the bicycle today, that felt good. Scale is creeping down i think. Need a few days yet to call it a trend.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    judykat7 wrote: »
    Another two days of complete logging. Numbers good. Got about 25 miles on the bicycle today, that felt good. Scale is creeping down i think. Need a few days yet to call it a trend.

Great logging & awesome bike ride!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    great job Judy!

I envy your bike ride.

ETA: and the downward creeping scale. Since the beginning of the year, my scale has been creeping up toward 200lbs - completely unacceptable!!

Right now, I'm just so inconsistent - I have really good days followed by really horrible days. I just have to make as many days "really good" as possible.
  • judykat7
    Options
    I am having the same issues. And my scale has been creeping up as well. June I tried to get it trending down but only managed to hold steady. July I am more determined to start a downward trend. I set the monthly goals for myself and it is helping.
  • judykat7
    Options
    Bad day today but i logged it. Was doing so well too.
  • randomtai
    Options
    judykat7 wrote: »

Me too! Here's to keeping it going!
  • judykat7
    Options
    Two irresponsible eating days in a row causes the scale to move up. I know this and yet I do it. Another day logged.
  • judykat7
    Options
    Did my weekend logging. Had a lot going on this weekend. No organized exercise other than some pushups and dumbbell routines but lots of activity.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    Good job on the logging -- how many days is your streak now?
  • judykat7
    Options
    I don't really know. There have only been a couple days in my whole MFP life that I didn't log at least 75% of my food. I think I have been 100% since at least the first of June though. My first year here I did log all my exercise using a Polar and I have gotten away from that - just let fitbit do it for the most part. Which leave a lot out but that's OK with me.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Good for you got your streak. I'm still two steps forward, one step back. My good days are good and my bad days are less bad than before, so I guess that is progress. BTW, what is your new bike?
  • judykat7
    Options
    Nothing fancy, a Giant Escape II I believe. So much better than the old one I was riding though. It was very dated. I am starting to think upgrade I love riding so much!

I do a lot of back steps too. But am trying to outnumber them with forward ones right now!

I also remembered some food I had and forgot to log. Wonder how often I do that? Must be more careful.