PipsGirl's Lee Labrada Check-In

Pipsg1rl
Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
Hi, Ladies!

I know that Lee Labrada's Lean Body Plan is NOT ChaLean Extreme, nor is it even a BeachBody workout.

But I really enjoyed having a post where we were helping each other with accountability, regardless of program.

This group has been better and more conversational than any of the other groups I've been in, so I'd like to continue along that lines.

If I make my own accountability group, it won't work - I know, I tried to do that with the Jamie Eason Plan and only 1 other person even joined.

So, today May 4, 2015 is my first day of the new plan and I will be finishing up right before my 20 Year High School Reunion.

I'm going to start a hashtag for it, #RamReunionReady95 and hope for some of my classmates to come along.

My friend here will be joining me for this program and I'm excited to help her along. She's very shy and doesn't like to go to the gym but she trusts me and we'll be doing the workouts in my "Gym-rage."

I plan to continue my #workoutsbeforework on Cardio days so she and I don't have to workout every day together and I can try fun HIITS or other workouts and don't lose my morning habits.

If anyone else would like to join me, the workout is on BodyBuilding.com or BodySpace.com. On that forum my user name is Medusa512.

You guys are the best group a girl who is working on making this a lifestyle and not a quick fix could hope to have.

Hugs, Lifts, and Laughs!

tina

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Update 1: Yesterday my husband had a surgery that I thought would start at 12, started at 1:20, then there was some difficulty and so ...

I think taking care of him is a valid reason for no workout.

Today however, even though he's recovering here at home, I need to get out it.

I feel like crap cancelling out on my friend but it was almost 7 pm before I got home.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Hi, all. I'm still working on my plan.

Day 1 was Tuesday, Back/Biceps/Cardio.
    Day 2 was Wednesday - Cardio only.
    Today I have plans to meet with my friend for day 3.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Yesterday was Chest, Shoulders and Triceps.
  • Pipsg1rl
    On Saturday my friend decided she was too sore and told me to go ahead and do the workout without her. I was going to swap the weight day for cardio, but went ahead and did weights.

Yesterday, day 6 was cardio and she and I met at a nature center for a walk. Not a huge burn, but it was a nice change.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Monday - Day 7: Chest, Shoulders, Tris. Completed.
    Tuesday - Had to swap day 9 and 8. Today was 9 and cardio. I have a Stella and Dot networking event tonight, so my workout buddy and I changed it up.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Still moving through this program. It is definitely not as intense as the Jamie Eason Plan was. Crazy to say, but I'm almost missing the extra cardio...
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Just curious, is the Jamie Eason Plan done with free weights like Chalean's? Or is it barbells and machines? I'm always looking for something different to change things up :)
  • Pipsg1rl
    maureli wrote: »
    Just curious, is the Jamie Eason Plan done with free weights like Chalean's? Or is it barbells and machines? I'm always looking for something different to change things up :)

Some of it is machine based, but you can find alternatives for most of the items. The women in the BodySpace Jamie Eason group were very helpful with that.

There are also dumbbell and barbell exercises, but very little I couldn't do in my own home.

I do have a Smith Machine that was helpful.

• LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Glad to see you are still at it! Last week I started a four week Fitness Blender program. I have been working out between traveling and house guests. Trying to get my eating back under control. It is tough with everything going on and we still have our move coming up in four to six weeks.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Still working this program. Did my workout on Sunday before our Memorial day/my belated bday party so I was feeling good.
    Yesterday I went Kayaking in the morning with some other ladies in the neighborhood and then did a workout later with my friend.

This program is a little boring, we are doing the same exercises for each day in some kind of fashion. I haven't started adding extra cardio, but my friend and I have discussed it.

One good thing is the workouts are less than 45m each.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Still kicking it with my friend. Completed month 1!!

I asked how she's enjoying the program (considering my feelings about it) and she said she likes it. She's never committed to a weight lifting program before.

I can see some differences in her, but she hasn't noticed yet.

On the upside, we upped the weights this last session. Woot!!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Still here, started month 2. No gain or loss to discuss, but definitely self improvement and commitment.

Hugs if you're reading this!
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    How long is this program?
  • Pipsg1rl
    It's a 12 week program. The workouts are less than about 45 minutes, except Back and Bicep day where you do a 30m cardio session after.
  • Pipsg1rl
    It's been almost 2 weeks. I'm still here, still working through this program.

I'm on a plateau with weight again and it seems to be sticking with me in a 2 or 3 pound fluctuation.

6 weeks out!
  • Pipsg1rl
    10 Days later and we have completed month 2. Starting tomorrow i'm going to be adding in more cardio for better results.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Month 3 is in effect. Today is Day 2 of Week 2, so not too far to go!

I did start adding in the AM cardio but since it's only been a few days there hasn't been much difference that I've noticed.

However, I do believe that by the time my reunion comes around (EOM!) the extra cardio will have made a difference.

• Pipsg1rl
    Even though no one is checking this post, I'm still posting.
    Final Week!!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Program was a few days from completion when I left for my reunion on Saturday. Really it was 2 cardio days and a chest day, so I'm calling it completed.

Taking a break this week since I've been lifting for 6 months straight and my body needs the rest time.

Good luck to all of you in what you are doing!
    t