Getting Older <sigh>

Options
snarlingcoyote
snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
So I've got these two divots in my back. Thanks to the running, I'm in good shape, better than I have been in a long time, because so far, I haven't hit any curve in getting better at it, I'm just progressing and getting better. (But then, despite the fact that I ellipticalled, I really sucked at running when I started. . .) But I still have these two divots in my back, right where my hips start, on the side, when I'm naked.

So I was naked and put on my bra this morning and caught sight of my back in the mirror. . .no divots. Fascinated, I put it to the test. Bra. No divots in my back. No bra. Two little divots. I felt of my back and was able to establish that the divots are Just. Loose. Skin. When I put my bra on, it pulls up my skin in the front and so the divots go away. So basically, no amount of dieting will remove them.

I am getting old.

I do not like this. At all.

Also, I will be in a bra 24/7/365 from now until I die.

Replies

• tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Are you talking the little dimples that are at the top of you buttocks right below the small of your back? I thought everyone had these. But then I don't see other people naked. . . .

Hmmmm. Maybe it is just body confirmation/shape/frame?
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    No, these are more like love handles, but not long or thick, they're just. . .sort of wrinkles at my waist.
  • mamoke7
    mamoke7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    tigerblue wrote: »
    Are you talking the little dimples that are at the top of you buttocks right below the small of your back? I thought everyone had these. But then I don't see other people naked. . . .

Those dimples are genetic and unrelated to weight. Like face dimples, some people have them and some don't.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I am getting old too. But ya what? It beats the alternative.
  • SpeedRacer13
    SpeedRacer13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    GiGiBeans wrote: »
    I am getting old too. But ya what? It beats the alternative.

Yep. I agree with you Gigi.......
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    The other day I was watching that new show with Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin and in it Jane Fonda looks at her arms and smacks the lower part to get her loose skin flapping and I just about died! It made me feel so much better to know that someone who was once in the fitness industry and never had a weight problem still has flapping arm skin just like me!

That said, I think she needs to lift. :smiley:
  • SpeedRacer13
    Options
    LOL..that show is FUNNY
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have a hair of that arm flap. I have been thinking I need to work on it a bit. However at my age I guess I deserve having some of it going on. I would rather have it than not fit my clothes.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    tigerblue wrote: »

I don't have those back dimples!
  • iplibrarian
    iplibrarian Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am ok with getting older.. mostly. I just don't want to age so badly that I look like a different person. I mean, a few pounds and a little flab is ok. Heck I'm 52! I just don't want to be way out of the ballpark and look like an old grandma vs. looking like an older me.
  • SpeedRacer13
    Options
    I am ok with getting older.. mostly. I just don't want to age so badly that I look like a different person. I mean, a few pounds and a little flab is ok. Heck I'm 52! I just don't want to be way out of the ballpark and look like an old grandma vs. looking like an older me.

I love this post. I agree with you 100%. I DON"T want to look the same as I did at 35. Although I looked fantastic, I am not 35 any more! The idea of looking like an 'older me' suits me fine! Still looking good!

• Sherryfood95
    Sherryfood95 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My body is changing rapidly now and I'm not ok with it. At 50 I feel too young to start with a poochy stomach and never want back fat and definitely not yet. I so get it, like my body is becoming a stranger. At least I can hold onto my old size I hope
  • luckyval55
    luckyval55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wait til you hit 60. I love playing tennis and play on a team with women 50 and up. After our matches, though, it takes me a few days to recover unlike 20 years ago. I feel good that I can still move around on the court. I don't think too much about getting old except for the physical limitations that it puts on me. I do need to get my weight under control before it gets out of control.
  • Sherryfood95
    Sherryfood95 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am grateful to keep doing the activities I love, even if performance and recovery are t quite same.
  • Tarahmartin
    Tarahmartin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love that show! Grace and Frankie, can not wait for the second season to come out. I sure hope that I am able to be looking as good and having sex when I am in my 70's like Jane Fonda.