July 24 Rest Day 2

catladyksa
catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
OK, I know it may be the end of your night in the USA... over here with Lise and myself, we have started the 24th of July! I woke up after only 3 hours of sleep....I sure hope that this too shall pass!!! So I went to sleep at 10 pm and up at 1 am. I did my own post operative dressing change and I would give myself an A- on that one!!

So now the big reveal....what the heck surgical procedure did I have done!! OK, I had a facelift! There, I said it!! I am 63 yrs old in a week's time and thought I would get it done. I actually was going to get it done 2 years ago in the USA, but due to a horrific accident my nephew was in , in California, I had to fly home and be with my sister two years ago, and had to forgo my surgical date. Sooooo, we have an excellent plastic surgeon, who did his training in Paris. I have seen so many wonderful results, I decided to go for it. As it is elective AND cosmetic, I had to get permission from the big boss (my boss) to do it. I took vacation time off for 3 weeks, and it was done!! I did have a complication but that is over and done with. As I mentioned earlier...I get free healthcare, and this was free too! (One of the perks of working in healthcare over here). My primary goals...actually my only goal, was to get rid of the wrinkles on my neck...I had the typical 'turkey' neck. Inherited from the family gene pool! So now I am happy to say....NO wrinkles in my neck!!! Yeah!! The suture line is amazing...can't see it!! I am still bruised and swollen....the swelling due to the hematoma's that formed (the complication I mentioned and they had to be evacuated....did you know that GARLIC is a major contributor as a blood thinner! I should have laid off the Garlic....but did not know!!)

So I am feeling pretty darn good right now...of course that could change. I am going to venture to the supermarket around 7 am, but hopefully will be back for a nap and more recovery time!

Karen and Carly....would you post something ...like guidelines for our next 7 day challenge. I am a bit lost...I think we are doing the mindful series..or is that for the NEXT mini challenge?? Karen, we are suppose to make one of the items on that website you posted???

Carly...point taken with the not to eat several small meals....so I will look at portion control. I really just wanted to include fruits for snacks in the morning and afternoon...so that would make it 5 'feds' a day.

Lise...great pic! Love it! I can't paint! I am doing jewelry now.

Well folks, sorry about the long rambling post!! Hope you all have a super Rest Day 2 !!!

luv..n

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    I don't know what we all decided as far as the next challenge, but I don't have the bandwidth to organize or run anything right now... So, Miss Magic Karen, you're up at bat! LOL

Nancy, That's one of the things I'm happiest the most about having changed my way of eating - I don't need snacks anymore. That was unheard of before! But I can understand that some people do need them. It's a lovely kind of clarity, being able to push my meals out and have just water. If you've ever fasted then you know what I mean. You hit that stride where your body is burning fat to fuel your brain and it's just like someone dumped a dose of energy, clarity, and brightness on you - makes focusing easier! I cannot do long fasts like some of the folks in my groups, but...

Lise - I still have your art webpage saved somewhere, but since I'm craftually frustrated right now, I'd love to live vicariously through your art!! Send more, please.

Hugs all around!

P.S. I got attacked by an aluminum foil box last night, so beware if you choose to tangle with one - they're maniacs!
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited July 2015
    Nancy good for you. Do what makes you feel good and if its free why not. If it were free I'd have done something about my overhanging belly by now as it makes me wicked self conscious and fed up but since its not am trying unsuccessfully to diet it into submission.

Carly I havent painted today but can put up some of my older ones and some of my photos. Hang on while I go digging
  • maoribadger
    Some of my paintings, some of my shizz is really dark this is some of the stuff that isnt

fsfwi0khmi4a.png
    5qg4y2jtz5ha.jpg
    l0rhf24557as.png
    hh9qdrw7f5fn.png
    2meb19jqfkli.jpg
    f1m3hjyl6lzh.jpg
  • maoribadger
    Sorry for loooooooong posts. Hope the art satisfies your craft deficiency Carly.

Im so ready for tomorrow Ive been struggling without my kids last cpl days and turned to food. Last night was a planned day off and went for a date with the Mr. Today Im just mindlessly grazing because im BOOORRREEEDDD. So tomorrow is back on it for a week. One week to get to 15-2

So today I slept til 1145 :O unheard of but kinda nice. Been to the shops and got 2 new pairs of jeans as my old jeans are getting saggy and keep needing hitching up but my new ones are too snug. The ones I got are apparently wonder fit. WTF that means im not sure but hoping they will bridge the gap for me til I am comfy in my 16-18s. Tonight im going to TWO gym classes - back to back. Not sure if I will survive it or not but gonna give it a go.
  • catladyksa
    Very talented Lise!! Thanks for sharing!

Carly, did the leaving the 'tea' out help any? I am finding more and more about what homeopathic and herbal stuff contains. So sometimes even simple things we eat daily could be a cause...like i never knew Garlic was a blood thinner!! I apparently also was suppose to stay away from 'green' tea! I have to research that one!!

I just did 10 minutes on the treadmill....slowest pace, but will build back up!!

Go team Mobo Moto.....Karen remind me again what that stands for!!! lol
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Lise - thanks. I'm going to put these in an email to myself so I can look at them on my phone when I'm needing a craft fix and forums are hella hard to access there. :) Great fix... Thanks. And you're amazing. I love your work. LOL at the jeans. I dunno what wonderfit is either. And I know about boredom eating and all that mess... Glad the anchor to your world will be home soon!

Nancy, I'm still about an hour out from where the queasiness hit me yesterday (it's 9:50 am, and the queasy was around 10:30 am), so I'll report back in an hour... LOL

Yeah, there is a ton of stuff that has that effect. Cinnamon from Cassia Bark and not Ceylon cinnamon can be a blood thinner too. Green tea can be a detox things and/or a diuretic, but it also can have other stuff in it, be caffeinated and decaf, so dunno there....

Congrats on the improved you Ms. Nancy. Can't wait for updated pics...

I thing the MOBO is for morbidly obese or something . The Moto? For getting moving? Dunno that i ever heard the explanation. Maybe that should be in the group description! LOL
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Good morning/afternoon/evening!
    Still no cell phone here, so my posts are limited.

Let's start with the simple question, MOBO MOTO. MOBO=Morbidly Obese; MOTO=Motivated/Motivators
    So, sort of "morbidly obese and motivated" or "morbidly obese motivators" or whatever, LOL. I just thought the name was catchy!

Upcoming 7 day challenge: My plan is to do a 7 day BOOTCAMP, meaning give it my all. I want to end July with a very loud BANG. I'm making a goals list right now, and it will include meal planning, switching out some meals with protein shakes, exercise daily (both cardio and strength training), putting a specific number of hours into my writing projects, and finally sorting out some neglected paperwork/tax stuff.

I know that not everyone is up for a bootcamp challenge, so I would suggest you create your own goals. For example, I suggested to Carly that she make a list of "self care" goals and treat herself to seven days of pampering. Those goals can be as simple as giving herself permission to nap on Saturday or deep conditioning her hair with coconut oil.

I'm doing the mindfulness workshop but separate from MFP challenges. Nancy, our "recipe challenge" is just a push to get both of us to try something new, not really part of the seven day challenge either.

Later today I'll start the seven day challenge thread and list my goals. Please think about what you want to accomplish. I'm pretty sure Lise is "all in" and will charge forth with amazing workouts! And Cari is geared up and ready to rock. Although Zac is gone through the weekend, I know he has a weigh-in for that diet bet thing, so I'm guessing he'll be all in too.

Today I'm taking OFF. Jim and I will go out to dinner (first time in months). A former student of mine from Haiti opened a Haitian restaurant, so we may try that. I'm not recording anything I eat, which, LOL, isn't really all that much. Cracks me up that I'm free to "cheat" and didn't automatically run to the grocery store for chocolate. wow... maybe I'm learning something.

Hugs to all--enjoy your day of freedom!

xxoo

K.
  • maoribadger
    edited July 2015
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Lise - thanks. I'm going to put these in an email to myself so I can look at them on my phone when I'm needing a craft fix and forums are hella hard to access there. :) Great fix... Thanks. And you're amazing. I love your work. LOL at the jeans. I dunno what wonderfit is either. And I know about boredom eating and all that mess... Glad the anchor to your world will be home soon!

Nancy, I'm still about an hour out from where the queasiness hit me yesterday (it's 9:50 am, and the queasy was around 10:30 am), so I'll report back in an hour... LOL

Yeah, there is a ton of stuff that has that effect. Cinnamon from Cassia Bark and not Ceylon cinnamon can be a blood thinner too. Green tea can be a detox things and/or a diuretic, but it also can have other stuff in it, be caffeinated and decaf, so dunno there....

Congrats on the improved you Ms. Nancy. Can't wait for updated pics...

I thing the MOBO is for morbidly obese or something . The Moto? For getting moving? Dunno that i ever heard the explanation. Maybe that should be in the group description! LOL

Ah thanks Carly. Its just stuff I mess about with though. I'd love to take some classes. Maybe in a year or so, kind of on my list but keeps getting shoved down it. The wonderfit jeans are actually...great. Very slimming and lovely and soft and comfortable. Will have to take a pic before I go out tomorrow. Worth the money. And yes I REALLY need my kids home. I wasnt ever maternal before i had kids and even now I can take other peoples kids or leave em Im not a person to go goo goo over babies and kids but mine. Hell they have me in a vice like grip I love the bones off of em even if im not always amazing with them I know Im lost without them and all ive thought about doing while they have been gone is sleeping or eating. 1 to make the time go faster and 2 to make it more tolerable. I need to learn how to manage my own free time better now they are both going to big school :(

Glad Karen has covered Mobo moto. I figured it as motivation for the morbidly obese but always makes me think Hello Moto like the old ads.

Im definitely in for the next challenge. My aims will be posted tomorrow but it will mostly involve more of what Im currently doing but with some added stuff. Still tweaking

• maoribadger
    Well I did it. Managed two battleropes classes back to back for a total of 775 cals according to my watch. Feeling quite proud of that
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Well I did it. Managed two battleropes classes back to back for a total of 775 cals according to my watch. Feeling quite proud of that

You are simply AMAZING!

I did an hour of PT today and only "wept lightly" once. Much better than Wednesday when I basically cried off and on for the whole hour. Wooohooo! Progress!

K.
  • maoribadger
    edited July 2015
    KarenZen wrote: »

You are simply AMAZING!

I did an hour of PT today and only "wept lightly" once. Much better than Wednesday when I basically cried off and on for the whole hour. Wooohooo! Progress!

K.

Thats brilliant progress! Glad you are doing so much better.

Well I have also written tonight. Our little motivation thread got me thinking about a short blog post. So I had a bit of a writing session whilst watching one of my all time faves (Rocky. I cant resist it and hubs is out so the TV is mine)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/maoribadger/view/unless-757025
  • catladyksa
    Nice comment in your Blog Lise! Love the quote too!