How many net carbs are yall doing?

Options
2»

Replies

• socalprincess1
    socalprincess1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm usually well under 20g net, and this is my 5th week.
  • tabathavm
    tabathavm Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    tabathavm wrote: »
    Just curious how many net carbs everyone does and still getting results?
    I have been doing keto for about 2 years but keep falling off the wagon and gaining. I started at 245 and my lowest on Keto was 167. Im now 190....:( I want to do something a little less strict. So I'm gonna try doing a basic low-carb.

Congrats on the long-term loss!

For weight loss, you don't need extreme carb restrictions. Something like the New Atkins approach is a good one, IMO. Strong ketosis for the first few weeks (20-50g), and then mild ketosis after that (up to 100g or so).

I'm still losing weight with carbs around 100g and no calorie counting -- i.e., my hunger is still suppressed enough that I naturally eat at deficit levels.

I'm always curious about how people fall off the wagon. Any insights about how it happened?

Honestly mine happens for 2 main reasons.
    1. If we go out of town and have to stay over or longer than expected. We usually grab fast food or something quick and cheap. I end up cheating..
    2. If I get behind on my daily scheduled or something interrupts it I eat junk just for convince.

The problem with it is, once I cheat I have a hard time stopping. I think also, because I was doing strict keto i felt deprived that I couldnt eat like 1/2 an apple, or beans/peas or other foods that i like
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I do total carbs. Mine are set at 15, but I am usually under 10.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I eat 50-100 but I burn off lots of calories on exercise so they are smoke
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    tabathavm wrote: »
    Just curious how many net carbs everyone does and still getting results?
    I have been doing keto for about 2 years but keep falling off the wagon and gaining. I started at 245 and my lowest on Keto was 167. Im now 190....:( I want to do something a little less strict. So I'm gonna try doing a basic low-carb.

I avg 30 a day. I shoot for no more than ten a meal. Been a little high lately due to cabbage juice concoction I have to take for gastritis, but it's a limited time thing (30 days). Supposed to help heal the tummy lining.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    I'll get kicked out of the group for admitting that my goal is 118g total carbs per MFP's calculation based on 35% of my daily intake as carbs.

I'm lower, not low, carbs. Seems to work for me.

Not at all. You can bet your bippy that I would eat more carbs if my blood sugar could handle it. Berries...sweet potato with loads of butter...berries again. :) You get the idea.

I have my total carbs set at 45 grams per day, however I net around 20-25 grams max. Occasionally, I am higher at 30 grams and other days lower at 10 grams, but 20-25 grams is the average.

Same here. Blood sugar (diabetic off meds) is the main goal for me. Weight loss is a nice benefit (down 40#) as is increased energy.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I aim for 85, but as long as it is under 100 I am reasonably satisfied. I want to take it lower though and give keto a try...but I need to be ready to be consistent.
  • JessicaLCHF
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Well, I have my macros set to 45 total with a fiber goal of 25 which would give me a net of 20. Some days I get there.

Most days I net a total, after fiber deduction (I never deduct sugar alcohols because I want to discourage myself from eating them and the processed food they are in) of around 40 carbs. Keeps me in med/heavy to heavy ketosis. Usually lose a pound or two a week, but last week I lost five! Booyah! I don't exercise hardcore, but I take strolls after dinner to help lower my blood sugar.