Ideas for the August Challenge?

Options

Replies

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to pass. We like to try new recipes anyway, but in general I have been doing this or that challenge since April and I'd like to just get to somewhere that I can consider "normal" for myself, and know what that means for how I feel.
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    So, are we gonna do it?
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Well, I think we should lol. I'm new here and have no clue how to get consensus or kick it off next week.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I will pass on this one. I want to continue with the IF during the summer then get back to ZC after my garden veggies are done. Have fun everyone !
  • SuninVirgo
    SuninVirgo Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've never done a challenge so count me in and let me know what to do!
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm out as well, I always try different recipes so to me it's not a challenge. I would like to have a workout challenge though, something new and more advanced :)
  • natalialikescookies
    natalialikescookies Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I would love to join these August adventures! This would be my first challenge!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    We could have more than one challenge, if people would be interesting in a second one running at the same time (maybe something athletic related). I'll get around to posting this one up in the events eventually. We're going to need a solid description of what exactly people are expected to do and someone who is technically in charge.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I think I'll join this one, I love trying new recipes and working out, this is perfect for me.
  • toadqueen
    Options
    The adventures don't have to be food related. Maybe keep it really open and flexible but fun...

Try a new food...
    Try a new exercise...or exercise program

I like the suggestion of swapping ingredients in recipes that was suggested.

• saraphim41
    saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    toadqueen wrote: »
    The adventures don't have to be food related. Maybe keep it really open and flexible but fun...

Try a new food...
    Try a new exercise...or exercise program

I like the suggestion of swapping ingredients in recipes that was suggested.

This!!
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    We could have more than one challenge, if people would be interesting in a second one running at the same time (maybe something athletic related). I'll get around to posting this one up in the events eventually. We're going to need a solid description of what exactly people are expected to do and someone who is technically in charge.

Active August??
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    GSD_Mama wrote: »
    I'm out as well, I always try different recipes so to me it's not a challenge. I would like to have a workout challenge though, something new and more advanced :)

Same. I don't really see indulging in new food types or recipes to be a challenge. No offence to OP, many seem to be interested, but I'd much prefer a challenge that would benefit weight loss goals, not weight gain! Having to try a new food for the sake of it just because it's a 'challenge' would likely screw with my macros and draw me away from eating for nutrition rather than pleasure. I don't feel like it would support my fat-loss, muscle gain or fitness goals in any beneficial way. Definitely not for me.

I'd be up for an exercise challenge though for sure - maybe we could plan that for sept?
  • toadqueen
    Options
    I'm not offended in the least. However, my food choices would be with the intent of losing weight and reducing inflammation not to gain weight or explore foods not compatible with this way of eating just for the sake of trying.

As I posted earlier, we could incorporate food and/or activity. The challenge would be to try something new and be creative.

Strengthening September? Strength-building September? Sugarless September? Too soon?
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Oh my gosh, toad queen, I love you foreverrrrr! Strengthening or Strength-Building September would be just perfect! Not too soon to plan for that I don't think. Gives me time to start researching different training methods to amplify my current workout routine ( or a whole new program maybe).... Woot! I'm so excited! Bring on strengthening September!!

Ok, sorry for the intermittent hijack and any negativity towards the August challenge. I can't really think of a way to make it fit my methods as my calories and macros are so tight I tend to limit my daily choices to a few foods that I'm confident I can juggle to fit, whilst hopefully ensuring maximum satiation. I think I've kind of experimented enough with all the different low carb ingredients to have an idea what works best whilst I'm being super strict, but I can totally see the merits of trying new things if you haven't already.

Enjoy people .... and I'll get myself all excited for September. :*
  • giftbouquets
    giftbouquets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am planning on increasing my exercise in August, so would be really interested in Active August if it goes ahead...if not will look forward to Strengthening September.
  • m_puppy
    m_puppy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Where is the month that starts with H so we can have a HIIT month? Like HIIT Hotober :D
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    So is there an August Challenge?
  • GSD_Mama
    Options
    GSD_Mama wrote: »

Same. I don't really see indulging in new food types or recipes to be a challenge. No offence to OP, many seem to be interested, but I'd much prefer a challenge that would benefit weight loss goals, not weight gain! Having to try a new food for the sake of it just because it's a 'challenge' would likely screw with my macros and draw me away from eating for nutrition rather than pleasure. I don't feel like it would support my fat-loss, muscle gain or fitness goals in any beneficial way. Definitely not for me.

I'd be up for an exercise challenge though for sure - maybe we could plan that for sept?

I am playing with idea for August and I think I need to work my butt off, like literally! If you're up for some Brazilian Butt Lift, let me know,I'll find something :)
  • GSD_Mama
    Options
    m_puppy wrote: »
    Where is the month that starts with H so we can have a HIIT month? Like HIIT Hotober :D

I like that idea. HIIT like a girl!!