Achieving Nutritional Goals Struggle

Sherryfood95
Sherryfood95 Posts: 58 Member
Anyone struggle to achieve their daily nutritional goals of iron and calcium? Even with the inclusion of high calcium cashew milk I am still usually under. I don't consume much red meat so fall under for iron as well. I don't do well with vitamins so rely on food sources. I eat very healthy but staying within my calorie requirements doesn't do it unless the calculators here are off.

Replies

• YellowApple666
    YellowApple666 Posts: 35 Member
    edited July 2015
    Many foods don't have their iron/calcium/vitamin content on the label, so they don't add to the total. Also, not all iron is created equal so I find it pointless to track it here. I just listen to my body and get my bloodwork done from time to time. Unless you have bone or anemia issues I wouldn't worry too much :)
  • YellowApple666
    YellowApple666 Posts: 35 Member
    Many foods don't have their iron/calcium/vitamin content on the label, so they don't add to the total. Also, not all iron is created equal so I find it pointless to track it here. I just listen to my body and get my bloodwork done from time to time. Unless you have bone or anemia issues I wouldn't worry too much :)

Very few packaged foods that I've seen don't list their Vitamin A/Vitamin C/Iron/Calcium content on the label. Are you sure you aren't getting it mixed up with the whole potassium and MFP thing?

I apologise for the incorrect information then. I was specifically talking about iron and calcium, but I haven't considered that I live in Europe so rules are probably different here. I've been reading labels for a while now and I see very few foods which list their calcium and iron content (they often list vit C and A, though).

Sorry :smile:

• Sherryfood95
    Sherryfood95 Posts: 58 Member
    I always hit/exceed my Vit C and A percentages, but Iron and Calcium don't add up on here. I have had bone loss and anemia so watch those two. From food sources, if the labels are correct, is challenging to reach.