Green: Yes
    Total 16/25
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    20th: ✔️, 21st: ✔️, 22nd: ✔️, 23rd: ✔️, 24th: ❌ - streak 11 YaY

16 /20

There seems to be a ticker problem - it will be back!!

I'm on the mend - managed strength training twice this week, and Pilates. AND I'm moving my *kitten* more. Wednesday and Thursday saw me doing 7 miles each day which pleased me no end!!

@2marsh - that sounds like a good plan. As my old Dad used to say 'a change is as good as a rest'. Although maintenance does bring its own challenges. LOL
    @bbinoa - frozen yoghurt is yum. I'm starting to make frozen yoghurt lollies for my grandmunchkins - all the creaminess, few of the calories and protein to boot. I wonder if 'shivering'is in the database and what the 'burn' (LOL) might be?
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins - that sounds like a D**n uncomfortable work environment.
    @jenthibert - sounds like you had a lovely and special meal - with wine too, tasty. Outstanding. Another long walk too - always a recipe for a good day.
    @Rebamae - a bit of a binge that was controlled before it got out of hand sounds like a definite NSV to me. Well done.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Edited to try and update ticket - gave up and removed it!!
  • bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    today was green
    total 22/27

@k80flec good to hear things are.going well for you! Very nice Streak there!

Happy weekend everyone!
  • jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Still at 19/25... Not sure today was red but not sure it was green either so we'll go with red. Tough Mountain Challenge tomorrow morning at a local ski resort. 4 mile obstacle course with my husband, kids, my dad and some friends. Not going for time, just the adventure!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    7-24
    Goal: 21/27
    Streak: 7/10

I did a training run this morning. It was quick but effective.

@Rebamae Wishing you nothing but the best regarding your MRI results.
    @jenthibert Enjoy that adventure! Please share the details of the challenge. I would love to read about it. I am doing a 3 mile mud run with 12 obstacles next Sunday, and I'm trying not to stress about it. I have two goals regarding that race. The first one is to have fun, and the second goal is to survive it. Ha, ha, ha, ha.

Keep up the good work folks!
  • bbinoa
    Options
    I am so excited, I have to share... I just hit one of my goals! It was to see a certain number on the scale I haven't seen in almost 5 years. Alot has happened since then ... a divorce, and I lost my mom to ALS. Im now very happily remarried and things are in a much better place which I think is why the weight is finally coming off. Getting back to being 'me' again feels wonderful! :smile:

Have a great Saturday everyone!!!!!!
  • ATHLegal
    ATHLegal Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Streak 24/31 days
  • jenthibert
    Options
    Tough Mountain Challenge was awesome! So much easier than last year when I was 30+ pounds heavier and in terrible shape. Way more fun too! I'll try to post pictures at some point soon. We didn't go for time but is like to at some point. But here's the course if you'd like to peek.
    http://www.toughmountain.com/course.html
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    7/24 - green
    23/25
    Streak: 22

@Rebamae, they would have to knock me out to do two MRIs in the same day. (the claustrophobia is real) I hope you get answers and quickly.

I started week two of Jamie Eason's Livefit program today. Narrow push ups are evil. Pushing the lawn mower in the backyard after bench presses was possibly not the best choice. If I don't post later tonight or tomorrow, just assume that I can't lift my arms.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    bbinoa wrote: »
    I am so excited, I have to share... I just hit one of my goals! It was to see a certain number on the scale I haven't seen in almost 5 years. Alot has happened since then ... a divorce, and I lost my mom to ALS. Im now very happily remarried and things are in a much better place which I think is why the weight is finally coming off. Getting back to being 'me' again feels wonderful! :smile:

Have a great Saturday everyone!!!!!!

Excellent! (insert standing ovation here)
  • jenthibert
    Options
    20/25 cause today was green! July 25
  • bbinoa
    Options
    7/25
    Today was very green w my 6 mile run/walk (yea gymboss/runboss! )
    Total 23/27

Tiiiiired!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    JULY 24
    Total 17/25
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    7-25
    Goal: 22/27
    Streak: 8/10

Just a light stroll today.

@bbinoa I'm so happy for you. Congratulations on reaching your goal!!! That's awesome. I'm scheduled to get my 6 mile run/walk in tomorrow. :smile:
    @jenthibert Congratulations on completing that Challenge!! I hope you had a lot of fun. I did check out the site, and it looks just as scary as my upcoming Warrior Dash. Can't wait to give you a full report next Sunday.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    7-25
    looks just as scary as my upcoming Warrior Dash. Can't wait to give you a full report next Sunday.

Ooh... Don't know about that @Laughter_Girl! . There's a very wide range of ability levels at Tough Mountain. Anything with the word "Warrior" in it takes it to another level! Good luck, you'll crush it. Most importantly, HAVE FUN! Can't wait to hear about it!
  • 2marsh
    2marsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    7.24 - Green
    7.25 - Green
    Total: 20/23

Spent 12 hours at an amusement park yesterday. Lots of fun, lots of exercise. Today, though, I'm burned, blistered, and sore all over. Gonna make that 6-miler I have planned for today a little rough...

@bbinoa @Laughter_Girl Looks like our training schedules are lining up! Although if I'm still feeling too beat up later, I might keep it short and do 6 on Tuesday instead...
    @bbinoa So much joy. Big congrats!
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins Should be interested to hear what you think of LiveFit over the course of it. I've been shopping around for a new training program for the fall.

• Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    JULY 25
    Total 18/25
  • bbinoa
    Options
    green today! That makes me a streaker! 10 days straight! Woot!!
    Total 24/27

Funny how 6 miles was the magic number for so many of us this weekend. I remembered thinking as I was finishing up how in a few weeks I'll look back on this and be all "wow, 6 miles was nothing!"
    @2marsh sounds like a fun day, in spite of the burns and blisters!
    @jenthibert the tough mountain sounds awesome. You need to post pics when you get them!
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins Def keep us updated on that training program. Does it take you a long time? I looked at one of hers and it seemed like a lot of gym time.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    21/25 Green on 7/26. Cutting it close!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    7-26
    Goal: 22/27
    Streak: 9/10

Did my run/walk today, and I'm happy to say that I survived it. Ha, ha, ha.

@jenthibert I was feeling motivated when I decided to do that Warrior Dash. Hopefully, I won't regret that decision. Ha!
    @2marsh Glad you had fun at the amusement park. That's always a great way to burn some calories. If you weren't able to do the run today, I would completely understand. I'm sure you'll get it in before the week is out.
    @bbinoa Congrats on being a streaker!!! I hope you're right about those 6 miles by the way. I did 6.5 today, and it wasn't too bad. Of course my legs are feeling it now though.