HIIT Halloween for October??? ;)
  • pondsbb
    pondsbb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    What is HIIT
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    High Intensity Interval Training. It is very effective for some with a slow metabolism. I did it for 20 minutes a day, 5 minute warm-up, 10 minute interval, 5 minute cool down. The interval consists of changing your intensity of your activity level to raise and lower your heart rate from fat burning to maximum. For example 2 minute fat burning, then 1 minute maximum, then back to the slower fat burning. The times were usually arbitrary because I used a heart rate monitor while indoors to alternate from 123 beats per minute (fat burning) up to 160 beats per minute (maximum) and back.

I did this on a treadmill, elliptical, or bike indoor and on a track outdoors in the morning before breakfast.

I hope this wasn't too confusing.

• VRay99
    VRay99 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need to spruce it up and this sounds like a good challenge to start with!
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    m_puppy wrote: »
    Where is the month that starts with H so we can have a HIIT month? Like HIIT Hotober :D

Hell, yeah, I'd be down for HIIT Hoctober :D

• minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Active August. Trying new foods doesn't appeal at the moment.
  • PasPlus
    PasPlus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Active August adventures - try a workout routine/piece of apparatus/video/class etc. etc. that you haven't tried before. I am in for this.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I'm all over active August. I think I'm going to add a new exercise or 2 to my routine, plus increase cardio and adhere to 5-6 workouts per week. I also might stipulate a minimum burn, not sure yet. Excited!
  • giftbouquets
    giftbouquets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I would like to try to do at least 5 workouts a week during August. I have found in the past that this is the amount I need to start feeling healthier and for the pounds to start to come off.
  • PasPlus
    PasPlus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Toadqueen - I don't want to hijack but... Should we have a new thread for each 'adventure' as we are trying to achieve/monitor two quite different things?
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest the same based on everyone's comments. I got home late tonight and need to get to sleep. I will type something up for the group in more detail in the morning to review and approve. We can do August Adventures:
    a. Active - exercise adventures
    b. Appetite - food adventures
    c. All of the Above

Participants can post to the "a" or "b" thread...