What pool/river/lake were you in today? [pictures]

2»

Replies

• borginandburkes
    borginandburkes Posts: 5 Member
    My pool is definitely nothing special to look at, it has a broken grab bar in the deep end that has currently been replaced with a lane marker! But the reason I like it so much is the water temperature is always kept spot on & its absolutely perfect
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 947 Member
    Robertus wrote: »
    How do they get the water to stay up there on the roof like that?

He is in africa ...its the world that is upside down ....

Lol!
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 947 Member
    edited August 2015
    Was in a different city on Saturday, and unusually managed to get in morning and evening brief swims here (the water was murky though):
    xyrct7vkk8lz.jpg
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Meant to post this pic some time ago, and forgot until I was cleaning out my phone. Alumni Coliseum pool at Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, Ky. 146xnf8mygc8.jpg
  • kallemann67
    kallemann67 Posts: 92 Member
    edited September 2015
    ll8llr5yt60dm.jpg

Last days of open water here in West London. Last evening tonight.

• kallemann67
    kallemann67 Posts: 92 Member
    edited September 2015
    l8llr5yt60dm.jpg

Last days of open water here in West London. Last evening tonight at Thorpe Park. This is my other dipping space - Bray Lake.

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Love the open water pix, everyone!!
    Better picture of my water-- with a view of the beautiful curved wood ceiling that I get to see when I backstroke! 9e5qey0ymnif.jpg
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    6fmnr711b3d3.jpg

This is where I went to the USMS stroke clinic on Sunday. It is the YMCA Aquatic Center in Orlando, Florida which is about an hour from my house. Directly behind me in that picture is a diving pool. The facility has a retractable roof which was closed the day I was there.

There is a bit of an interesting history with this place. It is right on International Drive, which is in the heart of the Central Florida tourist district, near all of the famous theme parks like Disney World and Universal Studios, etc. It is tucked in between a bunch of hotels. It was originally opened as the Justus Aquatic Center in the mid 1980's and was meant to draw in swimmers and swim events from all over the world. It ran into financial problems not long after opening and there was a push to close it and build more parking. A bunch of very wealthy individuals got involved to save it and it was ultimately donated to the YMCA and has been open that way for about 20 years. There are quite a few big events held there each year and it is also the regular pool for some (lucky) local groups.

• nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    wsuPA8m.jpg
    A typical scene as the youth swim club wraps up their practice before evening lap swim.