Introductions

Options

Replies

• iwillbeslim513365
    iwillbeslim513365 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Maggie and I live in Somerset in the UK. I am 61 have a bad knee and hip and need to lose about 10 lbs ( have lost around 20 lbs ) to help my mobility and pain. Looking forward to motivating and being motivated. Good luck everyone.
  • aamundsoncpa
    aamundsoncpa Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm from Colorado and ready to get motivated! I'm 48 and dealing with many of the issues of getting older. My weight is up, my energy and will power are down and I'm the heaviest I've ever been in my life. Here's to a great August!!
  • zahpay88
    zahpay88 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Zahyrah from Virginia, and I'm 19. I'm 5'2" with a SW of 137-138-ish. (I do not own a scale.) My GW is 125-130 pounds. I have been on MFP for about 40 something days now (my streak says 35 :( ) and I haven't been super serious about weight loss. I have been lazy, and have been inaccurately logging. This challenge is the motivation and accountability that I need. Let's do this!
  • Cindeeee
    Cindeeee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I'm Cyndi from TX, USA. I need to lose about 12 more pounds to be a healthy BMI, and I'm not sure how much more I'll lose from there.
  • Hthfamily
    Hthfamily Posts: 123 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi, my name is Tara, I'm 40, and I am from AZ. I have been on the heavier side since I was a teenager. I met my husband at the weight of 165 and felt I could be down around 150. Then the stress of marriage, kids, mortgage and so on happened and my weight just went up.
    It's time to get this crap off for good. I have started a product called plexus to become healthier and get the toxins out oft body. My husband has done very well on it but me being and teacher and having the summer off well, you know.
    I can't wait to get started!
  • FitNiki2015
    FitNiki2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Niki from Virginia. I want to get back from 150 lbs to 125 lbs and ensure I don't gain the weight back.
  • MrsPryority
    MrsPryority Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Marie. I'm from Michigan. I'm trying to change my eating habits to be healthy overall, but need to lose about 20lbs. I want to build up more muscle as well!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Jamie from Washington state. Last summer, I was close to my goal and then some stuff happened and now I'm in the upper 160s. My original goal was 145, but now I'm thinking that I might just go until I fit into the clothes I bought last summer. I need to tighten up my logging and stop with all of the extra treats! Also, I need to keep the "depression monster" under control.
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm from Long Island, NY. I am 41 years old and currently weigh about 170 LBS and I am 5'2". I just started taking Hot Yoga classes and running/walking 5Ks.
  • rdtalon
    rdtalon Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Will from San Antonio, TX. 28 yo, 6'0", 290 lbs. I'm a 911 Operator, and am trying to go on long walks after work in a nice, air conditioned mall. My goal is to hit 200 within a year, and I've sorta promised myself that I would keep up with this until I hit my goal, no if's and's or but's.
  • AmberNSmith342
    AmberNSmith342 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amber from Colorado! I have been battling weight issues since I was 7 years old. I have lost weight a few times before and have always gone very up and down. After recently hitting my highest weight ever of 271 lbs / 5'2" tall and being diagnosed with high blood pressure I lost 7 lbs and then gained back 3 of them. That's where I started using mfp and starting logging food and moderately exercising about a month ago. So I started mfp at 266 lbs and have lost 21.5 lbs in the last 31 days. The nutrition part of being healthy comes easier to me than the fitness part and I need the motivation to get more workouts in for the month of August! Good luck everyone!!!
  • scrams2u
    scrams2u Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Wisconsin girl here, but now I live in Berlin, Germany. I manage a cell phone game (like candy crush, but not) and the odd and long houra over the past year have led me to gaining like 15 kilos (about 30lbs) without me noticing. I am a fairly active person (swing dance for life!) but my struggle is calorie intake and trying to not appear self-conscious about myself at work (I'm one of only 3 women in a team of 20). Really looking forward to this challenge!
  • muffin1848
    muffin1848 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Muffin. 5ft tall and 144 lbs at last weigh in. Need a little support to get pst the plateau I've hit.
  • meefz
    meefz Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi there! I'm from Ireland. Don't have a lot of weight to lose (about 7 kg in total), but looking to start eating healthier and losing the weigh I've put on in the past year! I'm 5'9" and weight 67KG (147 pounds). I had been between 55KG and 60KG the last few years, but this year my clothes are not fitting anymore and need to do something about it :)
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Hey, my time is Amber aka Timelordlady85, mom to 3 boys, stay busy at home with my kids and work part time. I have lost 46.6 pounds and have another 40 ish to lose to reach my weight goal. I use my fitbit and polar ft4 to track my exercises and eat pretty healthy but still allow calories for ice cream and special nights out for dinner. I'm 5'3'' and weigh 185.4 would like to be at and maintain at 135 to 140 pounds with lean muscle mass and toned body. I use 8&10 pound weights during my aerobics and get at least 18k steps daily.
  • njs3487
    njs3487 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, My name is Nicole, i'm from Pennsylvania and i'm 22 years old. I have missed out on a lot of opportunities because of my weight. I'm here for support and challenges that will get me more active and help me on my weight loss journey. My goal for August is to lose 10 pounds. If I lose more I will be really happy. I just want to start with small goals so I don't discourage myself so soon in the beginning. Good luck to everyone with their goals.
  • colormeJamie
    colormeJamie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm Jamie.
    My current weight is 261
    Goal 175
    August goal 253

This past month I've focused on changing my eating habit of eating for boredom and stress. I've about mastered that.
    August goal is to implement in daily exercise and fun movement.
    I bought a groupon for a boxing gym and their schedule should allow for two classes a week. The other days I'll do yoga walks or something else.
    Healthy living for my son and sanity is the goal.
    I can't wait. Add me if you want to share motivation or ideas.
  • Alex_or_Ben
    Alex_or_Ben Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Alex and I'm relatively new to MFP and I love it here! I'm trying to master emotional eating and eating while stressed or bored. A friend of mine suggested that I drink water while I'm stressed out and many times it works well to distract myself from everything else. I'm trying to study and practice mindfulness and staying in the present moment. Drinking water is trying to help me to be mindful. I'm slowly and gradually getting there. I just need a group of people to stay accountable and have support and encouragement, which I'm sure we all will have here in abundant supply!
  • Alex_or_Ben
    Alex_or_Ben Posts: 15 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    sorry double post.
  • demetriaaj
    demetriaaj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    My name is Demetria, I'm 23 and I live in Tennessee. I've been on this journey off and on now for about 2 years, I could've reached my goal a long time ago but I can never seem to stick to anything without giving up. This time around, I'm determined to make a lifestyle change and stick to it. I'm sick of starting over and feeling like a failure, so I'm hoping that joining this group will help me stay committed and on track! My goal is to lose 30-40 pounds, so I'm excited to start on this journey and begin seeing results!!

Good luck everyone :smile: