Which athlete tracker app to use with iphone?

Options
KathleenKP
KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
Which one should I get? I thought there would only be one.

I prefer a free one, but cheap might be OK, too. I want to track a friend while I'm at work, but don't always have reliable service there, so don't want to shell out $$ if it might not work anyway.

Replies

• jchite84
    jchite84 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I use Strava. It has a free and paid version, I've just got the free version and it does everything I need it to. It syncs with MFP and with my Garmin, you can follow other athletes (amateur and professional). The MFP Long-Distance Runners Group is on Strava too.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Strava
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Ooh wait, to track a friend during a race? Or during training?

Check out the Road ID app
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    During a race you have to be careful. Technically carrying a smartphone is against the rules.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Talking like during an Ironman. Iron Trac is the best but only for Iphone. Otherwise just use the Ironman website.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Strava.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    For a race-legal way to track someone on a race course you can use this:
    http://www.myathletelive.com/
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I just started using Strava, but I am also using MapMyRide - both are free. I prefer MapMyRide because of the details it provides post ride/run. There is also a MapMyRun; MapMyHike, etc. app. **Not used during races - only during training.
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow. I never thought about the different ways my question could have been taken. I was referring to tracking a friend during her IM. I ended up just going with the website, both on my phone and on a regular computer.