Women: How do you feel about bike overnights?

Options
2»

Replies

• twofastdogs
    twofastdogs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I had not heard of the Mickelson Trail, but the Black Hills are fabulous. Thanks for the tip!
  • BikeTourer
    BikeTourer Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I used to live near the Kathy trail, it is a great resource for people. I personally prefer more up and downs than rail to trails provides. Have been doing week long rides for years. Did the Bicycle Tour of Colorado this year. When I retire want to go coast to coast.
  • faugsu
    faugsu Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the Katy the end of last summer. Parking & using the train were great. Several towns are nice, however many of the towns have seen better days and don't have much to offer. We did west to east starting in Clinton. If I did it again I'd just start in Sedalia. I've learned the reason to start in Clinton is the springtime flowers you can see at that time.
  • cccorlew
    cccorlew Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you are new to this, try looking into Adventure Cycling. The have trips where they haul your stuff and all you do is ride. I've done several, including a two-week Portland to Canada trip in 2014. I can't say enough good things about the organization. www.adventurecycling.com
  • BikeTourer
    BikeTourer Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    cccorlew wrote: »
    If you are new to this, try looking into Adventure Cycling. The have trips where they haul your stuff and all you do is ride. I've done several, including a two-week Portland to Canada trip in 2014. I can't say enough good things about the organization. www.adventurecycling.com

Ditto. This group is devoted to bicycle travel from just getting started to more hard core touring. I've done one of their van supported, one of their self supported and used their maps on non supported trip.

I'm sure they offer a new to touring trip too. They've been around for a long time, 39 years...