The day after......

Options
karirenae
karirenae Posts: 106 Member
So I had a cheat day yesterday, it was my husbands party and I really wanted to cake so I decided to have the cheat day. I even RESEARCHED on how to do it beforehand, yes I know, kind of nerdy, and everyone is different so it's not really research, but I GOOGLED it ;) anyway, it said I should expect to weigh 2-3 lbs more the next morning, which was right on because I was up 2 this morning... anyone else up the next morning but then lose that plus some after? I am back on today, and as a matter of fact i have only ate a can of tuna because I am not hungry at all. I imagine it's because of all the useless carbs i devoured yesterday :/ I just want to make sure I didnt totally screw this up because Ive been doing really well :smile:

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    You'll be good. I had a day that i went well over carbs not too long ago. Didn't feel great the next day. Gained a bit, but I felt pretty much back to normal the next day. I also kept carbs lower than my normal goal to hopefully speed it up...
  • karirenae
    karirenae Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Did you end up losing more than your weight that week after having that cheat?
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I used to do cheat days. Find I do better/get right back in ketosis if I do cheat meals. One hour off, right back on, once or twice a month.
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I've been up 2-3 lbs after eating a carbfest this month. I did eventually lose it and a bit more but it usually took a whole week and included the water fest challenge to lose it. Before keto, I could gain 8-10 lbs overnight (pizza)
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Technically, is it really a cheat day if you plan and research it???
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    If you didn't consume like 3500 extra calories for each pound you gained, then it is just temporary water weight being retained with the carbs, not fat. Should come off in a few days.
  • LittleMamaVas
    LittleMamaVas Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm only six weeks new to the diet but have allowed myself an indulgence twice. I didn't weigh myself the next morning because I anticipated that scale would go up and I wasn't mentally prepared for that. So I waited until the following regular weigh-in day (five days later) and I was still down 1.5 lbs for the week total (and .8 lbs since the carbfest). BUT, i did have a huge increase in cravings for the next two days, so I wouldn't say transitioning back to keto was effortless ; i really had to TRY to not eat the bad foods.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I was on vacation last weekend. I had one cheat day on Friday. I had 2 small pieces of birthday cake and some alcohol. On Sat I had a mocha latte for the trip back, that was it. On Sunday I hadn't gained or lost, by Tues I was down 2 lbs. I got right back on track Saturday afternoon and didn't look back. You'll be good!
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I guess I would call this an unplanned cheat day. I went out with my mom for lunch to a really nice and somewhat expensive restaurant. I've been there before for dinner and was allowed to make substitutions, but today the waiter claimed that he couldn't make any substitutions. I wanted grilled asparagus or collard greens with my fried fish, but ended up getting fries and coleslaw. I hate Mayo so I did not even touch the coleslaw. I ended up eating the fries and all of my fish. I had missed breakfast so I was starving. Before I even finished my meal I had a huge blood sugar spike. I had to take insulin at the table it was so bad. I'm also nursing a nasty headache from all the extra carbs. Lunch cost close to $50 including tip. I'm kinda PO'd at myself for not being more assertive about the substitutions. My mom loves this place so I didn't want to be a jerk about things. I definitely will not be going back for a while.