New to group

Options
ludekep
ludekep Posts: 1 Member
Hi all,
I am 5' 1" soon to be 57 in a couple of months. I am post menopausal, 30 lbs over weight and started the program 3 weeks ago. So far I have lost 5 lbs. My husband and I sold everything and are full time RV ers as of last October. I have been in the vacation mood of eating everything that looks good. Now that I have time, it is to easy to cook or bake all the delicious recipes I see on the internet. We are work camping in Wyoming right now so we will be here until September. I work three days a week and walk 2+ miles 4 days a week. Once we are back on the road it will be hard to stay on track will need Support. Look forward to hearing from other members.

Replies

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the group. Wow. That lifestyle sure sounds good to me after staying put and working in the same place for close to 30 years.
  • jjmariposa
    jjmariposa Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Been doing the online log for a few weeks - 1200 calories. It's gotten smoother over time, with less looking for a particular food and adding that to my meal log.
    Went clothes shopping last week. Hated it. Nothing fit - including an entire line of shoes and I came home frustrated. The saving grace was the other brand of shoe I tried on my way out of the store. It was comfy, fit, and I'll go back and get a pair. Just detested the other part with clothes. Feeling a difference in my pants fitting at home - tiny, tiny bit roomier. My weight in numbers is also down. Just still have the gut. That's going to be there till the cows come home I think. It's been there with me since I drank beer in college.
    I'm determined and will keep at this. I like the daily check in and now the group option.
    During the school year I'm a teacher and am already planning on not grazing in the staff room. Thinking about those Mason Jar salads. Might be a good option if I can find the jars. I've been eating salads for lunch for the past few weeks and have liked the options and not getting hungry in the afternoon. Just hope it would work during the year.
    At any rate, glad to be in a group like this.
    Greetings and cheers!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    jjmariposa wrote: »
    Been doing the online log for a few weeks - 1200 calories. It's gotten smoother over time, with less looking for a particular food and adding that to my meal log.
    Went clothes shopping last week. Hated it. Nothing fit - including an entire line of shoes and I came home frustrated. The saving grace was the other brand of shoe I tried on my way out of the store. It was comfy, fit, and I'll go back and get a pair. Just detested the other part with clothes. Feeling a difference in my pants fitting at home - tiny, tiny bit roomier. My weight in numbers is also down. Just still have the gut. That's going to be there till the cows come home I think. It's been there with me since I drank beer in college.
    I'm determined and will keep at this. I like the daily check in and now the group option.
    During the school year I'm a teacher and am already planning on not grazing in the staff room. Thinking about those Mason Jar salads. Might be a good option if I can find the jars. I've been eating salads for lunch for the past few weeks and have liked the options and not getting hungry in the afternoon. Just hope it would work during the year.
    At any rate, glad to be in a group like this.
    Greetings and cheers!

1200 calories is hard. Are you sure you need to go that low?