6 weeks out vsg and still no energy

Options
dreamagberry
dreamagberry Posts: 10 Member
I was sleeved 6/17/15. Hw 271 day of surgery263 and I have been at 240 for last two weeks! I've up'pd my protein and water. Any suggestions?

Replies

• hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 6/1 and I still have no energy either. I'm a band to sleeve revision and the weight loss has been slow. I'm starting to think we are missing something with so much protein and not enough veggies and no fruit. The diet is pretty limited and I think that adds to the lower energy for me.
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough sleep 8-9hr/night? I found I felt SO much better when I was able to get out of purees and soft foods and into diet for life. Also, if you're not exercising, start. Even a 15 minute walk will help you get your heart rate elevated and endorphins going.
  • dreamagberry
    Options
    Sleep might always be an issue for me which I know can effect everything. But it's a career that doesn't let you sleep much then on days off your playing catch up. And yes I have started exercising again but it's recent . Thanks for responding hockey7 fan and sinderstorm much appreciated. And food wise I keep telling myself when I'm able to eat different it should help but seems I still struggle with getting enough protein never the less adding fruits and veg. I figure others have survived this I will also lol but I'm looking forward to some energy!!!
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It took me a long while before I wasn't exhausted. There are still some days that I don't have energy, but that may be the Texas heat... Hang in there, it will get better.
  • heathergshea
    heathergshea Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would say to make sure you are getting fluids in. My nutritionist told me that even though I feel fine that being fully hydrated would make me feel awesome! It may help with your energy.
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    You had major surgery. It takes time to heal. Get enough sleep, stick to your diet plan. Your energy will return, especially as the weight starts to come off.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 6 weeks weeks out and my energy somewhat returned just last week. You'll get there. Drinking enough water can be tough when you're drinking 2-3 protein shakes a day but it really does help. Keep up with your moderate exercise also. I still feel wiped out after a good workout, but I know it's important. Hang in there. You'll feel like yourself again soon (only better)!!
  • inkdm0m
    inkdm0m Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 weeks post op and very tired. If I take a nap in the afternoon and get a good nights sleep I've been doing ok. It's tough to balance, mornings are especially difficult because I'm still learning what I can eat (drink) for breakfast that will give me energy...with 4 kids, my mornings have no mercy!
  • dreamagberry
    Options
    Thanks to everyone I appreciate the advice and encouragement
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on 6/18/2015. I find that the days I feel weak are the days I didn't get sufficient protein in the day before. For me, getting at least 80 g of protein in is proving essential. I was bad about protein for several days this week, ranging between 50 and 65 g, and stalled for five days. Yesterday I really pushed the protein, and this morning I'm a half a pound down finally, and feel great. Yay! HW 235, SW 227, CW 202. Onederland Awaits!!
  • Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 6/17/15. Hw 271 day of surgery263 and I have been at 240 for last two weeks! I've up'pd my protein and water. Any suggestions?

I had bypass but have struggled with the tiredness as well. I would just add to make sure in addition to getting the sleep your body needs at this time also take iron, B12, calcium and all vitamins ordered diligently. Feel better soon.