• VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    24/30
    Got a little closer this month. Will keep trying until I hit it
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Total for July 21.25 miles. Goal was 15 miles. 6.25 miles over goal :smiley::+1:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am so sorry that I have been missing in action here this month. My days seemed to be focused all the time on my brother's continuing recovery. This month marked his 6th month since his accident. Taking him to therapy and doctors, supervising home exercise sessions and all the many other thing required of me to help him during this time seem to take most of the day. But I have been realizing today, as I was thinking about tomorrow being the first of August, is that I'm failing to put on my own oxygen mask before helping the next person. And... I need to take responsibility for the stress eating that I have been allowing myself to do. I feel like I'm back to square one and my tight clothes and yucky feeling confirm it :s . I also admit that have been discouraged about how I have let my own health take the back burner.

I looked back and saw that I have not posted here at all this month, but I do keep track in my notebook at home and I have managed to get some days of yard and garden cleanup in this month B) . Also I did 4 Leslie miles. Lots of extra deep house cleaning in preparation for guests I had this month :) . And, because of the therapy day changed while awaiting several upcoming surgical procedures for my brother, I have taken my him out to walk in the park 3 days this week. Good for him!!! For me it is not aerobic or strength exercise because it is slow walking, but it is still getting out there and walking more steps than I have been lately.

I am so proud of every one for continuing walking this month, and all the miles and minutes being walked o:) I skimmed very quickly through the posts since the beginning of July and the number of miles kept increasing!!! You all are a rocking and a rolling, and of course walking LOL. Again, I am extremely proud of everyone!!

See you all in August.....
    texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am so sorry that I have been missing in action here this month. My days seemed to be focused all the time on my brother's continuing recovery. This month marked his 6th month since his accident. Taking him to therapy and doctors, supervising home exercise sessions and all the many other thing required of me to help him during this time seem to take most of the day. But I have been realizing today, as I was thinking about tomorrow being the first of August, is that I'm failing to put on my own oxygen mask before helping the next person. And... I need to take responsibility for the stress eating that I have been allowing myself to do. I feel like I'm back to square one and my tight clothes and yucky feeling confirm it :s . I also admit that have been discouraged about how I have let my own health take the back burner.

I looked back and saw that I have not posted here at all this month, but I do keep track in my notebook at home and I have managed to get some days of yard and garden cleanup in this month B) . Also I did 4 Leslie miles. Lots of extra deep house cleaning in preparation for guests I had this month :) . And, because of the therapy day changed while awaiting several upcoming surgical procedures for my brother, I have taken my him out to walk in the park 3 days this week. Good for him!!! For me it is not aerobic or strength exercise because it is slow walking, but it is still getting out there and walking more steps than I have been lately.

I am so proud of every one for continuing walking this month, and all the miles and minutes being walked o:) I skimmed very quickly through the posts since the beginning of July and the number of miles kept increasing!!! You all are a rocking and a rolling, and of course walking LOL. Again, I am extremely proud of everyone!!

See you all in August.....
    texasgardnr :flowerforyou:
    I can not imagine what it must be like to take care of someone on a full time basis. Big warm hugs. Your brother is blessed to have such an amazing sister to help him recover. I hope you do take the time to take care of yourself too. I will keep you both in my prayers. Stay well.....
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Total for July 21.25 miles. Goal was 15 miles. 6.25 miles over goal :smiley::+1:

Good for you! Congrats!
  • 3audkids
    3audkids Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Just found this yesterday, excited to start this tomorrow.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    50/50... made it, whoosh!

Americanbabydoll -- WTG!

bgoddess -- every step counts. :smile:

Bandit -- You did it!

Well done Pinkypan!

1jlazymom -- way over your goal!

Mary -- good to see you! You will get those pounds off in no time. Looking forward to walking with you next month.

• 1jlazymom
    1jlazymom Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    88/70
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: »
    50/50... made it, whoosh!

Americanbabydoll -- WTG!

bgoddess -- every step counts. :smile:

Bandit -- You did it!

Well done Pinkypan!

1jlazymom -- way over your goal!

Mary -- good to see you! You will get those pounds off in no time. Looking forward to walking with you next month.

Congrats! I love your Whoosh! I hope to see you in next months challenge!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    7-31

3 miles with Leslie

74 mile total with Leslie

9 miles outside

88 miles total outside

162 miles total

goal 150 miles Made My Goal!! Barely!

Happy walking!!!

Texasgrdnr, take some time for yourself this month, you can't help your brother effectively if you don't take care of yourself first! hugs!!!

so proud of everyone, you all did an amazing job!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    July-Goal 4 miles/day

7/1 Vivofit Tracked-5.4 miles =5.4 total miles :smile:
    7/2 Vivofit Tracked 4.0 miles=9.4 total miles
    7/3 Vivofit Tracked 3.3 miles=12.7 total miles
    7/4 Vivofit Tracked 4.3 miles=17.0 total miles
    7/5 Vivofit Tracked 2.6 miles=19.6 total miles
    7/6 Vivofit tracked 3.0 miles=22.6 total miles
    7/7 Hiked Mount Arab-Endomondo tracked 2.23 miles= 24.9 total miles
    7/7 Vivofit Tracked 1.6 miles= 26.2 total miles
    7/8 Hiked Mount Goodman= Endomondo tracked 3.27 miles=29.8 total miles
    7/8 Vivofit Tracked 3.2 miles= 33 total miles
    7/9 Vivofit Tracked 5.3 miles=38.3 total miles
    7/10 Vivofit Tracked 4.0 miles=42.3 total miles
    7/11 Hiked Coney Mountain Endomondo tracked 2.7 miles = 45 total miles
    7/11 Vivofit Tracked 2.4 miles=47.4 total miles
    7/12 Vivofit Tracked 3.3 miles=50.7 total miles
    7/13 Vivofit Tracked 4.0 miles =54.7 total miles
    7/14 Vivofit Tracked 2.5 miles =57.2 total miles
    7/15 Vivofit Tracked 10.1 miles :+1: =67.2 total miles
    7/16 Hiked Cascade Mountain-My First Adirondack High Peak (mountains over 4,000')!! Thank you Leslie for the stamina to do it!!! Endomondo tracked 5.3 miles (1847' ascent :smile: )=72.5 miles total
    7/17 Vivofit Tracked 2.3 miles=74.8 miles total
    7/18 Vivofit Tracked 2.4 miles=77.2 miles total
    7/19 Vivofit Tracked 3.1 miles=80.3 miles total
    7/20 Vivofit Tracked 3.6 miles=83.9 miles total
    7/21 Vivofit Tracked 2.4 miles =86.3 miles total
    7/22 Endomondo Tracked Hike with my son 9.96 miles =96.3 miles total
    7/22 Vivofit Tracked 1.5 miles=97.8 miles total
    7/23 Vivotfit Tracked 3.1 miles=100.9 miles total
    7/24 Vivofit Tracked 2.5 miles=103.4 miles total
    7/25 Vivofit Tracked 1.5 miles=104.9 miles total
    7/26 Vivofit Tracked 4.0 miles :+1: =108.9 miles total
    7/27 Vivofit Tracked 2.4 miles=111.3 miles total
    7/28 Vivofit Tracked 3.5 miles=114.8 miles total
    7/29 Vivofit Tracked 3.2 miles=118.0 miles total
    7/30 Vivofit Tracked 2.9 miles=120.9 miles total
    7/31 Vivofot Tracked 3.2 miles=124.1 miles total

I JUST made my goal by .1 miles!!!! :laugh: I know I feel great this month! On to August :drinker:

Walk Strong everyone! :bigsmile:
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    My goals in July are 120 miles, 20 days over 10,000 steps.

July - 127.8 miles .... 12 days over 10,000 steps....

One of these months I am going to make my goal of 20 days over 10,000 steps!!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    3audkids wrote: »
    Just found this yesterday, excited to start this tomorrow.

Welcome! Lot's of support here. :)