Morning Alternatives Without Eggs

Options
missionYCO
missionYCO Posts: 31 Member
Hi everyone! So since I can't eat oatmeal or cereal in the mornings, I'm at a loss of what to eat. Right now I'm eating two eggs, two slices of turkey bacon, and fruit, but it's growing old. What are some alternatives that I can eat for breakfast?

Replies

• AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I have a shake. One scoop of low carb protein powder, cup of unsweetened almond breeze, and a tablespoon of peanut butter. This my breakfast most mornings. Sometimes i make cream cheese pancakes with Walden farms syrup
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    missionYCO wrote: »
    Hi everyone! So since I can't eat oatmeal or cereal in the mornings, I'm at a loss of what to eat. Right now I'm eating two eggs, two slices of turkey bacon, and fruit, but it's growing old. What are some alternatives that I can eat for breakfast?

Chia pudding http://www.pastryaffair.com/blog/vanilla-chia-pudding.html (nix the maple syrup, use sweetener or berries - I sometimes use cream or yogurt as part of the liquid)

Lasagna in a cup 7g1qt53g2t1u.jpg

Low carb pancakes http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/01/3-day-keto-kickstart-menu-plan.html (the leftovers make great "noodles" for lasagna)

Ricotta and berries (warm frozen berries, pour over a scoop of ricotta)

Flax crackers and guacamole http://pinterest.com/pin/Awr-dgAQQDYG-hymktcAAAA/ (had this this morning but with a spinach/mayo/sour cream dip)

I rotate with these standards when I get tired of eggs, or eggs with meats, or eggs with cheese. The chia is especially nice cause you make it once and use it 4-5 days. Same with crackers and guac if you use the single serve packs. I am NOT a morning person but I found through months of trial and error that I overeat on days I skip Bfast so I force myself.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Leftovers. Potroast, pulled pork, and taco meat are all tasty for breakfast.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Steak for breakfast! :)

Or sautéed greens and chicken, with ginger and garlic in coconut oil. Having the chicken pre-cooked and portioned out ahead of time makes this a quick breakfast. Serve with 1/2 an avocado.

I usually have similar meals as lunch. 3oz meat, 1-2 cups veggies, coconut oil, and another fat serving. I try to encorporate bone broth or other collagen-based protein once a day, and probiotic foods daily or more.
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    A couple questions: How low carb do you want it to be? How wedded are you to traditional American ideas of what constitutes a proper breakfast. Like @Twibbly and @Cheesy567 I sometimes have things that many couldn't stomach in the morning. How would you feel about last night's burger reheated with a slice of cheese or covered with a dollop of natural peanut butter? It won't be the same-old same-old.
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've been bringing these to work with me for breakfast. They're quick and easy (especially if you use a foreman grill to cook them), and so much yummier than what you can buy commercially prepared.

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/229989/turkey-breakfast-sausage/
  • boohooboo
    boohooboo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i'm in the same boat. sick of eggs, don't eat pork, not the world's biggest carnivore, and i miss my oatmeal. i use isopure zero carb vanilla protein powder (zero carbs) plus coconut milk (unsweetened) and ice. sometimes, i throw in cocoa powder. it's not bad. good luck! i'm trying to figure out something with tofu to eat for breakfast-- it is hard to be a former vegetarian and do this, but i am trying!
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    boohooboo wrote: »
    i'm in the same boat. sick of eggs, don't eat pork, not the world's biggest carnivore, and i miss my oatmeal. i use isopure zero carb vanilla protein powder (zero carbs) plus coconut milk (unsweetened) and ice. sometimes, i throw in cocoa powder. it's not bad. good luck! i'm trying to figure out something with tofu to eat for breakfast-- it is hard to be a former vegetarian and do this, but i am trying!

Really, try the chia porridge. It has a mouth feel like cream of wheat and you can heat a serving up each morning, too. I've made it with almost every liquid I can think of: heavy cream, almond milk, water and yougurt, water and cream cheese. Once you mix the chia seeds in tho, wait ten mins and mix it well a second time before chilling it overnight. It's less prone to lumps. I like it best with some frozen or fresh raspberries on it and heated in the microwave till hot.
  • Goooosfraba333
    Goooosfraba333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just used up all my eggs and not going out to the store until idk when...Tuesday probably...needed ideas!
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    ook up crustless quiche

https://michellesmithrdsecrets.wordpress.com/2013/07/08/crustless-mini-quiches/

i make them all sorts of ways- with bacon, sausage cheese- what ever- make them in a muffin tin and they warm up nicely all week if they last that long : )
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Avocado Smoothie

1/2 avocado
    2 cups spinach
    1/2 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
    6 strawberries
    1/4 cup blueberries

16 net carbs. Feel free to switch out the fruit and can sub kale for spinach.

I also like cheese nuts and berries or turkey cheese roll ups.
  • MizTenaciousT
    MizTenaciousT Posts: 69 Member
    Options

missionYCO wrote: »

Chia pudding http://www.pastryaffair.com/blog/vanilla-chia-pudding.html (nix the maple syrup, use sweetener or berries - I sometimes use cream or yogurt as part of the liquid)

That chia pudding sounds great! I'll have to give that a try. The keto pancakes are super yummy. I like to make those on the weekends.

My mornings are usually a rush, so my breakfast is either a "bulletproof/keto tea" or "rocketfuel latte" with an added scoop of whey protein powder. They're fast, give me energy and nutrients, and I can drink it while I'm getting ready.

http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2015/04/rocket-fuel-latte/
    http://belighttea.com/burning-fat-bulletproof-keto-tea/
  • missionYCO
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for the ideas! That chia pudding looks good, and I like the idea of protein shakes. I'm pretty rooted in 'traditional' breakfast ideas, so thinks like burgers or pot roast don't sound particularly appealing for breakfast, but I'll try to expand my idea of 'breakfast'! Thanks again so much. <3
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Don't forget things like cheese, smoked salmon, cold cut meats such as pastrami, sausages and the loads of different things you can do with eggs apart from fry! Muffins...loads of LC muffin recipes around....that would cover several days along with different LC breads.....plus butter on everything! Hell, just eat butter! ;):)
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    True, a cheese plate or deli meats and cheese rollups are a super quick Bfast. Personally I try to do eggs as much as possible because I hate them so much. Lol. It's like exercising in the morning "before your body knows what you're doing". Eggs are just so cheap! Like me. Haha.
  • missionYCO
    Options
    Cheese and meats sounds like a great idea too! I love cheese, so that might be good for me to try too! Thanks :)
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I used to be a breakfast person. I also went through the "sick of eggs" phase. I've found my sweet spot now where I don't have breakfast - just a coffee with 1tblspn butter and 1tblspn coconut oil blended in (actually a pretty large coffee which I take with me in a flask) - I don't eat until I get home at 1pm. This works for several reasons. I don't have to deal with the drama of breakfast, I don't use up too many calories on breakfast allowing me to have a better lunch, and substantial dinner and maybe if I'm lucky a snack in the evening. The first few days I was a bit hungry mid morning, but I think it was more "the fear of being hungry" and now it's fine. Sometimes I even get home at lunch time and do a few things before I make food, I'm not starving.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    That doesn't work for me. But I think I have NES anyway (night eating syndrome). Bfast keeps me from overeating at night. I also try to turn down lights at night and get sunlight (morning light) every day.