Looking for accountability buddies!

Options
Hi!
My name is Lori, I am 24, married, no kids (except my two fur babies) and looking for some people to add me and be accountabilibuddies! I'd like to be a little more active on here and discuss daily struggles and triumphs with fellow people, I'm really good at logging my foods every day, but would like a little more motivation. Here's a little about my weight loss story...
Back in 2010 I weighed my highest at 200lbs, over the course of 7 months I got down to 125lbs by exercising daily and watching what I ate REALLY closely, very strict, almost TOO strict if 'm being honest. Since then, I have fluctuated and recently reached 150lbs. I'm now floating between 143 and 147, and would ideally like to get down to 130lbs, but my first goal is 135. Before when I lost a lot of weight I was a stay at home wife, and now I work a retail job as a manager, and also have since been remarried, and my husband is chronically ill, so I am home a lot. I have a Planet Fitness membership and when I find the time I go there, but that not too often haha. Please reply down below and share your story and feel free to add me, my diary is open to friends!!! :smiley: I look forward to hearing from you all!!!!

Replies

• katnoir1
    katnoir1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori. First off, congrats on the massive weight loss and for making this commitment :smile: my story's similar, although not quite so extreme. I gained 10-12lbs last year when my grandmother became ill (combination of comfort eating and having to care for her). I then went on the extreme restriction and lost 8lb, but was miserable and hit a plateau. Now eating a bit more and being a bit less hard on myself while I slowly get rid of the last few. Good luck!
  • rachelrunner13
    rachelrunner13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori! My current weight is also around 147ish and I'd love to make it to 130, but first striving for 135 - small steps, ya know? I'm so impressed with your journey. I've been gaining weight over the last fours years and realized I need to start making fitness a priority. What kind of exercise do you enjoy doing?
  • loribrianne1991
    loribrianne1991 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori! My current weight is also around 147ish and I'd love to make it to 130, but first striving for 135 - small steps, ya know? I'm so impressed with your journey. I've been gaining weight over the last fours years and realized I need to start making fitness a priority. What kind of exercise do you enjoy doing?

The elliptical is by far the easiest thing for me. I can knock out a good hour on the elliptical easy peasy, but right now I'm trying to get down about 5 lbs with just clean eating though. I don't have much time to dedicate to the gym but I am on my feet 8 hours a day 5 days a week at work.
  • drathjen
    drathjen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey lori, I'm 31 and also just looking for a way to make myself a little more accountable. My weight is currently at 155 and honestly I'm ok with that... but would like to drop 5-10 lbs. Life is pretty crazy working as a nurse full time and starting my 4th yr of grad school with a 5 and 6 y.o. to chase after. Lack of time is definately my major obstacle! I tend to pay attention to diet without really thinking about it when I work out so my plan is to get my butt out of bed early to work out...haha. I'm looking forward to following your progress! Good luck
  • KyanaMerinas
    KyanaMerinas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't really want to lose any weight but I need to start eating better as I know I'm going to put weight on otherwise. Started running and did my first spin class this morning.
  • jushin8
    jushin8 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori and everyone!!
    I would love to be accountability buddies!! I haven't been on here in awhile and I feel like I have to start making some changes...I am 26 working professional, married with one furry kid ;) With my crazy work hours and since I got married, I went from 125 (since single) to 143....I am 5'6. I want to slowly go back to my weight. Maybe closer to 135 first...Cuz I have been told I did not look good when I weighed 125. I am having a hard time motivating myself. I would love some amazing ladies to encourage one another throughout this journey :) My husband also went from 165 to 202 since we got married and hopefully by starting like this both of us with see a difference :)
  • brilefe1
    brilefe1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I'm in the same place! Gotta take baby steps to reach the ultimate goal :) Giving myself 5lb at a time goals keeps me from being discouraged. What exercises are you doing? I downloaded a great running app that I use on the treadmill. Having someone else telling what to do and for how long works for me! And you determine your paces, they tell you to Walk, Run, Sprint etc.
  • rachelrunner13
    Options
    jushin8 wrote: »
    Hi Lori and everyone!!
    I would love to be accountability buddies!! I haven't been on here in awhile and I feel like I have to start making some changes...I am 26 working professional, married with one furry kid ;) With my crazy work hours and since I got married, I went from 125 (since single) to 143....I am 5'6. I want to slowly go back to my weight. Maybe closer to 135 first...Cuz I have been told I did not look good when I weighed 125. I am having a hard time motivating myself. I would love some amazing ladies to encourage one another throughout this journey :) My husband also went from 165 to 202 since we got married and hopefully by starting like this both of us with see a difference :)

Yes! Sounds like a great goal and I'm right there with ya! Could always more encouragement :)
  • rachelrunner13
    Options
    brilefe1 wrote: »

I'm in the same place! Gotta take baby steps to reach the ultimate goal :) Giving myself 5lb at a time goals keeps me from being discouraged. What exercises are you doing? I downloaded a great running app that I use on the treadmill. Having someone else telling what to do and for how long works for me! And you determine your paces, they tell you to Walk, Run, Sprint etc.

Oh wow that app sounds awesome! What's it called? I'm also a runner and currently training for a 10k. I ran a half marathon this spring, but still gained (whaaaaaat?) so this time training I'm working on strength training and nutrition ...something I've always ignored in the past.
  • gadgetive
    gadgetive Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Would love to be accountability buddies too. My highest weight has been 180-ish, right now I'm in the high 150's. Looking to get down to 150 by my wedding date (er maybe..)

Ultimately would like to be at 130 but we'll see about that. For now I'm happy with 150.
  • loribrianne1991
    Options
    Hi Lori and everyone!!

We seem to have very similar goals! How exciting! My husband is the opposite, having CF he struggles to maintain weight and has to eat 8,000+ calories A DAY just to maintain!!! It blows my mind. I'm so excited to get friend requests from all you and and look forward to sharing our road to success! I had a CRUMMY day at work today, angry cried in the bathroom, (you know, that moment when you're so mad that you want to scream but instead your eyes involuntarily fill with tears and stream down your face before you can stop it) and ate McDonald's for lunch out of comfort. I didn't even enjoy it and my tummy was quick to tell me how much I had angered it haha. I rarely eat fast food anymore, but when I do its definitely an emotional kind of eating. Ugh. Oh well, having chicken breast for dinner with whole grain rice, and spinach. The most important thing for me is to remind myself that just cause I have one bad meal doesn't mean it's okay to sabotage the whole day. Just keep moving forward! One bad meal won't make you fat, just like one healthy meal won't make you thin. :wink:
  • daralfox
    daralfox Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori. My high weight has been 190; low weight 103. I am a compulsive over/under eater. I am almost 50 with 4 kids. My husband likes me heavy; I like me thin. Right now, at 5'2", I am 135 and on a wild gaining binge. I am not sure how to stop it, but I think I'd like to try. How to maintain a medium weight like 135 is my quest. Don't know if I can do it. Need encouragement! !
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm 23, daily diligent logger. Currently 140 looking to get back down to 130 :) Here for support! Seems like you have been through hell and back, so props to you for being so strong!
  • jushin8
    jushin8 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori and everyone!!

We seem to have very similar goals! How exciting! My husband is the opposite, having CF he struggles to maintain weight and has to eat 8,000+ calories A DAY just to maintain!!! It blows my mind. I'm so excited to get friend requests from all you and and look forward to sharing our road to success! I had a CRUMMY day at work today, angry cried in the bathroom, (you know, that moment when you're so mad that you want to scream but instead your eyes involuntarily fill with tears and stream down your face before you can stop it) and ate McDonald's for lunch out of comfort. I didn't even enjoy it and my tummy was quick to tell me how much I had angered it haha. I rarely eat fast food anymore, but when I do its definitely an emotional kind of eating. Ugh. Oh well, having chicken breast for dinner with whole grain rice, and spinach. The most important thing for me is to remind myself that just cause I have one bad meal doesn't mean it's okay to sabotage the whole day. Just keep moving forward! One bad meal won't make you fat, just like one healthy meal won't make you thin. :wink:

Omg!!! I hope you have a better day at work today!!! I know I would've gotten McDonalds are some sort of fast food or more so dessert lol if I had a bad day...;( which I should stop...but I am sure you are gonna have a great day today though!! In our office, when it is your birthday you are supposed to bring sweets or dessert for the whole team and we had nothing but summer babies ;( so I m struggling every day to resist myself from indulging in to chocolates cupcakes bagels pies and other goodies....Everyone have a great day!!
  • loribrianne1991
    Options
    daralfox wrote: »
    Hi Lori. My high weight has been 190; low weight 103. I am a compulsive over/under eater. I am almost 50 with 4 kids. My husband likes me heavy; I like me thin. Right now, at 5'2", I am 135 and on a wild gaining binge. I am not sure how to stop it, but I think I'd like to try. How to maintain a medium weight like 135 is my quest. Don't know if I can do it. Need encouragement! !

I feel your struggle! I'm the same way, I have a hard time finding a happy medium, i have a tendency to over eat, or under eat. finding something in the middle is hard, but I'm trying. Between trying to get a promotion at work, and my diabetic husband having troubles with his sugars bottoming out I have been so stressed, on top of that I'm not losing weight, so that's frustrating. I know its due to me not eating the best the last week, I just have to be super diligent. Bumping my calorie goal down to 1,000 temporarily to try and get a jump start!
  • loribrianne1991
    Options
    Hi Lori and everyone!!

Omg!!! I hope you have a better day at work today!!! I know I would've gotten McDonalds are some sort of fast food or more so dessert lol if I had a bad day...;( which I should stop...but I am sure you are gonna have a great day today though!! In our office, when it is your birthday you are supposed to bring sweets or dessert for the whole team and we had nothing but summer babies ;( so I m struggling every day to resist myself from indulging in to chocolates cupcakes bagels pies and other goodies....Everyone have a great day!!

Ugh, its so nice to have co workers that want to share, but for someone who has a weakness for food and is trying to lose weight its such a struggle! My co workers brought homemade egg rolls and cookies yesterday, and I PIGGED out! I know the struggle, haha!