Leslie Sansone August 2015 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
WELCOME to all walkers!

The August Walk Challenge is right around the corner, so now is the time to be thinking about our new monthly challenge goals!

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors in the heat, and for some of us that means triple digit heat B) . Because of the warmer weather walking or hiking outdoors might well be a pleasant alternative to the DVDs for those who enjoy getting their miles or minutes outdoors and have the opportunity to do so during the cooler part of the day/ evening.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get our water... and we will begin to walk into August of 2015!

Let us walk with determination

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• JennasJourneytoFitness
    Options
    I would love to join. My goal is to walk 5 miles a day outdoors/ indoors with Leslie Sansone at least 4 times a week . Here's to a great month!
  • 1jlazymom
    1jlazymom Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    75 miles for August. Ready to get it done. Wishing all my fellow walkers success and great health
  • 3audkids
    3audkids Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My goal is to walk 80 miles this month with the videos, outside and on my lunch break at work. This is my first challenge and excited to start.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I am going to aim for 100 miles.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    150 for me again, I barely made it last month, but I did it!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Since I am going to be in the mountains until I drive back to MI on the 31st, I am also going to stick with 4 miles a day as a goal. I actually just made it last month and this month, I want to do it again! So:
    August-4 miles/day

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • shmeech
    shmeech Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just started a program today. I did 2 miles this am...slow going...but I am going to try my best!
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    My goal for August will be 120 miles and 20 days over 10,000 steps.

I bought jogging shoes to walk in and they feel so light and I can even get in some interval jogging!!
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    My goal is going to be 30 miles. My goal for July was 15 and I made it. I just want to go up a little to push myself but be realistic with what I feel I can do. Happy walking everyone.
  • HealthyMe46
    HealthyMe46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am aiming for 3 miles 3 times a week.
  • angiebugpie
    angiebugpie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. My goal will be 40 miles this month.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    10/100 I golfed twice this weekend and walked 4 miles on Saturday while golfing and another 6 miles golfing this morning.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Options
    4.709 miles down out of 30.
    1.681 miles 8/1 & 3.028 miles 8/2 both on treadmill. :smiley:
  • HealthyMe46
    Options
    Did 3 mile Power Walk and 2 mile Woman's Walk today.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    12/100 I did the 2 Mile Silver Walk this morning.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    No structured walking the last couple of days, just out to the garden and back with peas, beans....

Aug 1 - 3.5 miles
    Aug 2 - 2.9 miles
  • JennasJourneytoFitness
    Options
    Aug 1 - 4.5 miles
    Aug 2 - 5 miles

Plus my regular cardio exercise

• Americanbabydoll
    Options
    Aug 1 - 1.681 miles
    Aug 2 - 3.028 miles
    Aug 3 - 1.038 miles

Total = 5.747 miles all on treadmill
    24.253 miles to go :smiley:
  • hallene
    hallene Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am in.
    Do we report our stats daily or weekly?
  • HealthyMe46
    edited August 2015
    Options
    3 mile walk today at the park. Also did the ab/leg routine included on my Sansone Woman's Walk DVD.