Newbie, Surgery 8/3

kadydid86
kadydid86 Posts: 1 Member
Found this group tonight, surgery is in 8 hours (Eeeek!). I'm a basketcase of nerves right now. Looking forward to sharing stories and learning from others who have been where I am right now.

Replies

• Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. It's normal to be a bit anxious before such a life changing surgery. I actually felt calmer once I got in to the facility. You will be fine, this is a good thing.
  • ThinGwen
    ThinGwen Posts: 174 Member
    My surgery is today, too. I know how you feel.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Good luck to both of you
  • nilklynn
    nilklynn Posts: 61 Member
    Good luck! I was the same way. I'm 3 weeks post today and finally feeling better. This is a wonderfully supportive group.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Good luck!
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    Good luck Katydid86 and ThinGwen! Y'all are gonna do great!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    edited August 2015
    Welcome to the group - it's really important. I'm 9 months post op and find this group as well as an in-person support group through my surgeons practice both incredibly helpful. Follow your surgeons instructions and you'll be fine. That said something will happen you didn't anticipate so don't hesitate to reach out here for advice and company. For example, somehow I missed the info that the gas injected for laparoscopic surgery would rise in my bloodstream and cause soreness in my shoulders, and on day 3 I got hiccups that I couldn't stop...both initially worried me, but it was helpful to be able ask others if what I was experiencing was normal or not.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Break a leg. Just follow what the doc says, ask lots of questions, and heal.
  • inkdm0m
    inkdm0m Posts: 21 Member
    You will do great! I second guessed myself a lot pre op, but now I'm so happy almost 3 weeks out! Add me, I would love more vsg buddies!
  • krissymae88
    krissymae88 Posts: 83 Member
    I hope it all went well!!! Wishing you both fast healing :smile:
  • 911Chrisy
    911Chrisy Posts: 37 Member
    Congrats I hope things go better then expected. The best advice is sip sip sip.