Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

August Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Replies

• Acacia2India
    Acacia2India Posts: 446 Member
    I lost control for a while today but was able to recognize it and I'm fighting it. I've buried myself in my bedroom tonight so I can have the upper hand. Folding laundry sucks but I'll appreciate it on both fronts tomorrow.

Me: 3
    Binge: 1
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Tonight was a close one. I went over in cals but no binge:

Me: 4
    Binge: 0
    DBF: 4
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member

I was like you today @Pudding1980 - I ate more than usual but it was planned and I stopped without bingeing. I definitely felt the urge to binge and knew I had some junk food available but I resisted and then fell asleep (carb coma?). When I woke up, I was very full and had no desire to eat and did my exercise for the day!!!
  • LetterToCorinth
    LetterToCorinth Posts: 130 Member

DBF: 10
  • kadizia
    kadizia Posts: 208 Member
    mae918 wrote: »
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Hi friends! I know I've been MIA for the last week. I had what might have been a binge on Sunday the 26th and have been kinda gobsmacked by it sense....mainly because I am still not sure if it is actually a binge or not. It's not like it was before, but it was definitely more food than I needed or planned. So since I can't define it...it feels more genuine to call it a binge instead of continuing a streak that didn't feel totally genuine.

The good news is that I am getting to the point that I am not sure...and before, it was always a full fledge fall down binge. So, I am gonna focus on that. I am also struggling with maintenance. I realize I find comfort in being in the weight loss phase, so I am having a hard time truly moving into maintenance and stopping losing weight.

Me: 3
    Binge Free Days: 8

I am having trouble defining my binges or almost binges now too. You're right - I think that's a good thing too. I decided that high-calorie overeating (that is not quite binging) will still be logged as binging for me for the same reason you mentioned. And good luck staying healthy with maintenance :)

Me: 2
    Binge: 1
    Binge-free: 2
    I just did basically the same thing - just went for a kind of stressful road trip (helping someone find a new apartment) and definitely stress ate a lot but not sure that anything really qualified as a binge. More like just falling into some unhealthy eating habits that I haven't done in a while, but it really is hard to eat well when you're in the car/ running around with realtors all day. So I'm gonna count Monday as a binge (the worst day) and just keep on going.
    Me - 3
    the binge - 1
    days binge free - 1

• sothgo
    sothgo Posts: 315 Member
    me: 4
    b:0
    dbf: 25
  • debralcm
    debralcm Posts: 64 Member
    Me: 2
    B: 2
  • Pudding1980
    DBF: 4

Overate but didn't binge.
  • sothgo
    me: 5
    dbf: 26
    overate too
  • kadizia
    me - 4
    the binge - 1
    days binge free - 2
  • LetterToCorinth
    Me: 5

DBF: 11
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    edited August 2015
    Me: 5

Was it a full moon? I overate too. All food on my program but I usually finish eating around 7 or so and last night I was still hungry and needed something so I had a 2oz burger and some peanut butter.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Aug 5

Me: 5*

Days Binge-Free: 5
  • sothgo
    me: 6
    dbf: 27
  • kadizia
    Me 5
    The binge 1
    Days binge free 3
  • LetterToCorinth
    Me: 6

DBF: 12
  • Pudding1980
    Me: 6
    DBF: 6

Definitely eating too much this week but still no binges. Not great but not awful.
  • SnackySnackPants
    SnackySnackPants Posts: 35 Member
    Me - 3
    Binge - 3

Well this month is starting off well :\
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Why do I feel like everyone around me can tell the difference in how I look/act when I have a healthy eating day vs when I have a binge?

No one has said anything but I don't feel like seeing people on binge days. I feel like I look 100x heavier.
  • kadizia
    Why do I feel like everyone around me can tell the difference in how I look/act when I have a healthy eating day vs when I have a binge?

No one has said anything but I don't feel like seeing people on binge days. I feel like I look 100x heavier.

I know what you mean, I feel the same way! I know in my brain that there's no way I can actually look different, worst case scenario I could look a little puffy from a lot of salt/water retention. But I feel like I must look like 80-100 pounds heavier and I feel like people judge me for it.

Me - 6
    The Binge - 1
    Days binge free - 4
This discussion has been closed.