Planning ahead

Options
mumbles2013
mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
Just wondered...

Does anyone else find it helpful to fill out their meal entries for the next day the night before? I find it easier to list it so the next day I try to sick to it and therefore less likely to eat something bad for me.

Replies

• crucibleofwill
    crucibleofwill Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes I do that at times, especially during the work week when I'm tempted to not eat what I pack. The tricks we play to keep ourself accountable! Whatever works, right?
  • mumbles2013
    Options

Yes I do that at times, especially during the work week when I'm tempted to not eat what I pack. The tricks we play to keep ourself accountable! Whatever works, right?

I agree. For me though I'm home with the babies so the temptation to eat all day is constant so I literally think no its not on the list so I'm not eating it lol
  • SirKalel
    SirKalel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like this idea... May give this a go. Thanks!
  • mumbles2013
    Options
    SirKalel wrote: »
    I like this idea... May give this a go. Thanks!

You're welcome ☺
  • MotivatingOthers
    MotivatingOthers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just wondered...

Does anyone else find it helpful to fill out their meal entries for the next day the night before? I find it easier to list it so the next day I try to sick to it and therefore less likely to eat something bad for me.

I actually prep most of my meals Sunday if I can because that's the day I have the most time to do it :) helps stay on track and not eat fast food with the guys at work!
  • till115lbs
    till115lbs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I used to do this, but I realized it's not working for me. A lot of times, some other things happen like going out to dinner with friends or working late, and I can't stick to the menu. Instead, I try to make healthier choice among given alternatives, but I can't eat something I don't like eating. Then, I eat just half of what I order. For me, it's easier when I keep myself busy so I don't think of food much.
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    till115lbs wrote: »
    I used to do this, but I realized it's not working for me. A lot of times, some other things happen like going out to dinner with friends or working late, and I can't stick to the menu. Instead, I try to make healthier choice among given alternatives, but I can't eat something I don't like eating. Then, I eat just half of what I order. For me, it's easier when I keep myself busy so I don't think of food much.

Yes there are times I go eat out too. My philosophy: there are no foods off limit, but everything in moderation :)
  • gabby1833
    gabby1833 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't log in the meals a day before but I am very organized and I make lists for everything. So I've been making a list of the meals I will be taking that day along with protein shakes, vitamins, workouts and water consumption. All this with the times right next to them. Something like this:
    6am - Run/Jog 5 miles (16 oz of water)
    7:30am - Vitamins and Breakfast (Usually cereal with non fat milk and fruit)
    9am _ Zumba
    9:30am - Snack (protein bar or shake)
    12:30pm - Lunch with 32 oz of water
    2:30pm - Snack (greek yogurt or fruit) with 16 oz of water
    5:30pm - Dinner with 32 oz of water
    7:30pm - Snack with 16 oz of water
    I also put in my daily activities to make sure I get everything done. Then I cross everything out throughout the day as it gets done. Sometimes its hard to keep up but this has been working for me so far.
    If you need to cook for the whole family you get to chose the ingredients you cook with, tag your family along on the habit to eat healthier.
    I look for healthy recipes on Sunday night and make the grocery list for Monday. This way you know what you will be cooking is an okay.
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    till115lbs wrote: »

Yes there are times I go eat out too. My philosophy: there are no foods off limit, but everything in moderation :)