Hey everyone!!!!

Options
mumbles2013
mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
I have used MFP previously but never joined groups for support. I am 29, from England and a mother of two under two!!!!! My second daughter is four months old and I need to start losing the baby weight that I never lost from the first pregnancy haha :/
Four weeks ago I started out at 14st 12lbs (208lbs) and I have lost 16lbs so far with daily workouts (thank God for Jillian Michaels) but now I'm ready to get serious and just lose the rest and get down to 126lbs which would make me 9st. My weight bothers me soooo much that I just don't leave the house sometimes because I think I look hideous. For me I really believe that losing these pounds will release the inner confident me that will say yes to all that life has to offer and I can't wait!!!!

Replies

• MotivatingOthers
    MotivatingOthers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Glad to have you with us :)
  • old_me
    old_me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Alba from Toronto, Canada. I can relate to mumbles as I have been on MFP a while ago but never got into groups. I mainly used it for the calorie counter. That is probably why I didn't really stick to it. I'm hoping this time around, joining support groups and participating in group challenges will motivate me more. I used to be active on swim team in high school, swam through university and rowed extensively on a team into my early 30s until... having kids, the "eat anything I want as an active person backfired as I became less active. I'm still trying to lose my pregnancy weight even though my kids are now 5 and 4 years of age. I used to be 180lbs, joined Jenny Craig for 5 months and lost 20lbs. My goal is to get back to my old consistent weight of 135lbs (without Jenny Craig - getting too expensive). I plan on getting onto my rowing machine everyday as well as continuing a low caloric intake for now. Will see how it goes! :p
    Good Luck to all of us on this journey to feeling better about our weight/health!
  • Plump2FitPanaQT
    Plump2FitPanaQT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!!! I'm Shia and I live in Las Vegas!! B) I'm 27yo and pretty much struggled w/my weight since childhood. The hardest part for me is the clean eating (this is where I fail). I can't tell y'all how many times I have had a craving and just had to satisfy it then fell waaaaaaaay off the wagon. I strive in everything that I do (except this!!!) :'(:'( and it is bothering me big time that I can't get my weight and diet under control. With at least 100lbs to lose I am tired of stopping then waiting on "Monday" to start again. I'm finally understanding that this is a lifestyle change and even though I WILL DEFINITELY stumble, I need to stay focused & determined to get to where I need to be. I am hopeful that MFP will help me stay motivated. Let's do this!!! :triumph::triumph:
  • zaxxaz
    zaxxaz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Introduced myself elsewhere, but just wanted to echo the thoughts here of trying a group for the first time and hope it helps. 100 pounds gotta go! :)
  • tanyamclattenburg
    tanyamclattenburg Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm Heather. I turn 38 next month. I never did lose the baby weight I put on after I had my 3 kids and they are 14, 18 and 19. I just couldn't be bothered but now I'm tired of looking in the mirror and seeing "round" me. I've already dropped 11-12lbs (depending on the time of day). I walk 5 days a week at least 4km during my lunch hour at work. Weekends are another issue altogether. Here's hoping the challenges of a new group will help.

I also purchased a fitbit charge about 2 weeks ago and it's going great on that end. Still learning all the reports it gives me though.
  • tmtost79
    tmtost79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm Terez from Baltimore, MD. I have been on MFP on and off for about 3 years. I play volleyball twice a week in a co-ed BBB league. Try to stay as active as possible but have been falling off recently. Ready to make this change for good! My goal is to lose 50 pounds by next year (Disney trip, again...and possibly another cruise) Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    old_me wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Alba from Toronto, Canada. I can relate to mumbles as I have been on MFP a while ago but never got into groups. I mainly used it for the calorie counter. That is probably why I didn't really stick to it. I'm hoping this time around, joining support groups and participating in group challenges will motivate me more. I used to be active on swim team in high school, swam through university and rowed extensively on a team into my early 30s until... having kids, the "eat anything I want as an active person backfired as I became less active. I'm still trying to lose my pregnancy weight even though my kids are now 5 and 4 years of age. I used to be 180lbs, joined Jenny Craig for 5 months and lost 20lbs. My goal is to get back to my old consistent weight of 135lbs (without Jenny Craig - getting too expensive). I plan on getting onto my rowing machine everyday as well as continuing a low caloric intake for now. Will see how it goes! :p
    Good Luck to all of us on this journey to feeling better about our weight/health!

Welcome!! I understand going from being active to hardly at all and gaining the weight! Hope this group helps :)
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm Heather. I turn 38 next month. I never did lose the baby weight I put on after I had my 3 kids and they are 14, 18 and 19. I just couldn't be bothered but now I'm tired of looking in the mirror and seeing "round" me. I've already dropped 11-12lbs (depending on the time of day). I walk 5 days a week at least 4km during my lunch hour at work. Weekends are another issue altogether. Here's hoping the challenges of a new group will help.

I also purchased a fitbit charge about 2 weeks ago and it's going great on that end. Still learning all the reports it gives me though.

Welcome! :) great job on the 11-12lbs! Keep it up and you'll get to where you want to be :)
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    tmtost79 wrote: »
    Hi all. I'm Terez from Baltimore, MD. I have been on MFP on and off for about 3 years. I play volleyball twice a week in a co-ed BBB league. Try to stay as active as possible but have been falling off recently. Ready to make this change for good! My goal is to lose 50 pounds by next year (Disney trip, again...and possibly another cruise) Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Hello and welcome :) I also play co-Ed volleyball and in an all women's league in softball.
  • brinit
    brinit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Sabrina from New York City, currently residing in Portland, OR. I got into running a couple of years ago and lost 52 pounds in the first year, but have been in plateau mode for the last year, because changing your eating is so dang hard sometimes. I'd like to lose another 70 pounds, so here I am! I've been faithfully tracking since Saturday, even when I'm way over the calories, just to get into the habit. I'll be running my fifth half marathon on Saturday. I've found this article helpful on the matter of compulsive eating, which is something I struggle with. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alejandra-ruani-/overeating_b_4114504.html
    Anyway, good luck to you all.
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    brinit wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I'm Sabrina from New York City, currently residing in Portland, OR. I got into running a couple of years ago and lost 52 pounds in the first year, but have been in plateau mode for the last year, because changing your eating is so dang hard sometimes. I'd like to lose another 70 pounds, so here I am! I've been faithfully tracking since Saturday, even when I'm way over the calories, just to get into the habit. I'll be running my fifth half marathon on Saturday. I've found this article helpful on the matter of compulsive eating, which is something I struggle with. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alejandra-ruani-/overeating_b_4114504.html
    Anyway, good luck to you all.

Welcome! Eating right is one of the hardest things to do! I'm still working on that too.
  • daisy888mfp
    daisy888mfp Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Tammy, about to turn 31, from beautiful Denver, CO. I suffer from PCOS and need to lose about 70 more pounds to get to a healthy weight. I've lost roughly 25 lbs this summer through walking and diet change. Would love to have more friends join me in this journey!
  • gabby1833
    gabby1833 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there, My name is Gabby and I am 22 years old. I have a 5 and 2 year old. I work part time and go to College. Before my pregnancies I was always very slim but now I'm the "thick" type. I really wish to go back to 135lbs. I know it will not happen over night. Last year I was able to lose 20 lbs in 2 months but had to stop my journey because I needed a cirgury and could not work out because of the long recuperation. After that I stopped eating healthy and eventually gained those 20lbs back. I really want to continue trying to lose weight without stopping until the scale says my weight is 135lbs. It is nice meeting y'all and I hope you reach your goals. ;)
  • old_me
    old_me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!!! I'm Shia and I live in Las Vegas!! B) I'm 27yo and pretty much struggled w/my weight since childhood. The hardest part for me is the clean eating (this is where I fail). I can't tell y'all how many times I have had a craving and just had to satisfy it then fell waaaaaaaay off the wagon. I strive in everything that I do (except this!!!) :'(:'( and it is bothering me big time that I can't get my weight and diet under control. With at least 100lbs to lose I am tired of stopping then waiting on "Monday" to start again. I'm finally understanding that this is a lifestyle change and even though I WILL DEFINITELY stumble, I need to stay focused & determined to get to where I need to be. I am hopeful that MFP will help me stay motivated. Let's do this!!! :triumph::triumph:

Hi Shia, I became stuck in the stop-and-start cycle as well. I found that thinking of the end goal is sometimes discouraging, and I think that's what fuelled my inconsistent efforts in losing weight. This time around, I think of it as losing 10 lbs at a time instead of how much I need too lose in total. So far I've lost 20, but I broke it down by rewarding myself after each 10 lbs.: First 10 lbs - spa time for me ...2nd 10 lbs bought myself a couple of new jeans (smaller size yay!). When I lose my 3rd set of 10, I want to get my hair cut and straightened. The milestone approach helps me focus on the next reward and encourages me to keep going. Maybe this approach might help you too?
  • fitnessaddict_87
    fitnessaddict_87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm Kat and I'm from the uk. I've been struggling with motivation for the last 6 months. Last year I managed to lose 25lbs and was happy with my weight. Now I've put it all back on.
    My goal is to get to 120lbs again so I have about 19lbs to lose. I just can't seem to find the motivation to start. I know once to get going I'll be fine it's just taking that first step.
  • Plump2FitPanaQT
    Plump2FitPanaQT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    @old_me I am going to set smaller goals for myself too this time. I never have before and I would always lose focus b/c I was so far from the big number :weary: mentally it'll be easier to lose 10lbs 10x instead of 100lbs 1x or even 50lbs 2x. My first 10lbs I'm going to treat myself to a day at the beach..the relaxation will be much appreciated :relieved: good luck on your journey!!!
  • serendil
    serendil Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm Kat and I'm from the uk. I've been struggling with motivation for the last 6 months. Last year I managed to lose 25lbs and was happy with my weight. Now I've put it all back on.
    My goal is to get to 120lbs again so I have about 19lbs to lose. I just can't seem to find the motivation to start. I know once to get going I'll be fine it's just taking that first step.

Hey Kat! I did the same thing - list it all, heh regained it all. It makes it almost more frustrating, but let's keep each other motivated this second time around!
  • LadyDaenerys
    LadyDaenerys Posts: 89 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I've lost 60 lbs and gained 15 back! I started working out and even though I can barely lose weight for some reason, I feel so much better. I've lost a few inches though, which is good! I actually get excited about working out. After work I'm going to switch out my fit bit flex for a charge HR. can't wait!

5535495.png
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    gabby1833 wrote: »
    Hey there, My name is Gabby and I am 22 years old. I have a 5 and 2 year old. I work part time and go to College. Before my pregnancies I was always very slim but now I'm the "thick" type. I really wish to go back to 135lbs. I know it will not happen over night. Last year I was able to lose 20 lbs in 2 months but had to stop my journey because I needed a cirgury and could not work out because of the long recuperation. After that I stopped eating healthy and eventually gained those 20lbs back. I really want to continue trying to lose weight without stopping until the scale says my weight is 135lbs. It is nice meeting y'all and I hope you reach your goals. ;)

Welcome :) I'm also in college! What's your major?
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    old_me wrote: »

Hi Shia, I became stuck in the stop-and-start cycle as well. I found that thinking of the end goal is sometimes discouraging, and I think that's what fuelled my inconsistent efforts in losing weight. This time around, I think of it as losing 10 lbs at a time instead of how much I need too lose in total. So far I've lost 20, but I broke it down by rewarding myself after each 10 lbs.: First 10 lbs - spa time for me ...2nd 10 lbs bought myself a couple of new jeans (smaller size yay!). When I lose my 3rd set of 10, I want to get my hair cut and straightened. The milestone approach helps me focus on the next reward and encourages me to keep going. Maybe this approach might help you too?

This is a great idea!!!