Like Minded Lushes - August 2015

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I'm glad your shoulder is feeling better Sydney! I'll have to pass the info onto my husband.

Sorry about your kitty Amy.

Hey everyone else!

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 1
    Wednesday - 7
    I had a martini with Eric and our friend he went to a West 6 4 course dinner with. Then I drank a bottle of wine as planned. Then I had 2 cocktails, the last of which I REALLY didn't need. I had a nice night ordering Chinese delivery and watching Parenthood once the kids went to bed. Then I realized Season 5 isn't available on Amazon so reactivated my Netflix so I can watch Season 5. Tonight will be a 0. I also need to behave this weekend. I have my physical on Monday morning....blood work and all. Although last year I had 3 stiff drinks the night before because I didn't know they were doing blood work and it came back fine. My liver still works. :drinker:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Wed - 5 beers
    Team win.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your kitty Amy :'(
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your cat Amy. Our Lab Molly is 13 and slowing down. No doubt we will be taking the final trip to the vet within the next year.

Sydney, glad to hear your shoulder pain is controlled to where you can work out. I hate it when an injury causes me to lose my fitness level.

Downloaded windows 10 this AM. So far so good. :)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 1
    Wednesday - 8
    Thursday - 2 glasses of wine at dinner, cocktail in hot tub. I mean you really can't do either of those things without drinks right? I wanted a 4th but I stopped and went to bed early.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I had cocktails yesterday but the key for me (and losing weight) seems to be to quit drinking early and move to water. I had 4 vodka sodas with a splash of mango over the course of several hours. Then moved to water by 8pm. Woke up this morning feeling fine and just finished a workout. I may do something similar today with the drinks...it's my new favorite! :drinker:
    Happy Friday lushes...have a great weekend!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Friday - 5 drinks
    Saturday - Started drinking around 1. Went to bed around 1. 5 beers during the day by the pool and probably 4-5 glasses of wine with/after dinner. I felt ok yesterday; just tired from staying up late 2 nights in a row and having a 3.5 year old toss and turn in bed with us all night.
    Sunday - 0 because I sort of forgot I had my physical this morning. Probably shouldn't have had a binger less than 48 hours prior..... We'll see how my blood work comes back.

Monday - probably a 0.
    I'm going to make a greater effort this week to stay within my prescribed drink limit.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all, for the kitty condolences <3
    I had my anniversary beer fest, I sampled 20 beers on Saturday
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Going to this new foodcourt/food trucks place tonight, will probably have a couple but trying to log a couple of 0s this week!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    It was a good weekend. We made incredible pork enchiladas and drank tequila on Saturday. Sunday was a chill day. I had a bottle of red. (It took all day to drink it.) Sounds like you are doing okay.

I remember the one time I binged before blood work. I had to redo because my liver enzymes were up a bit.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    rjadams wrote: »
    I remember the one time I binged before blood work. I had to redo because my liver enzymes were up a bit.

Uh oh..... They were fine last time and I had 3 stiff drinks the night before, so like less than 12 hours prior. Of course this time I had more than 3 drinks.... I guess we'll see.

• SoCalWoman
    Options
    I had a bottle of red and several vodka cocktails on Friday over many hours. Had a 0 on Saturday. 3 glasses of wine yesterday. Didn't gain any weight over the weekend which is always a plus!
    Starting pt for my shoulder today and hoping it goes well. Maybe wine tonight?
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Super Duper Lushy Incredibly Fun weekend!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps I will dry out tonight :wink:
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Wow, I was 20 posts behind!

Amy, I am so sorry about your kitty. Always breaks my heart when we have to send our precious fur babies onto Heaven. My thoughts are with you <3

Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0

Thought about picking up some wine tonight, but I am going to try to at least make it to Thursday night with all 0's.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    2 0's in a row! It's been a while since that happened..... I would like to say I'd try again for one, but it is gorgeous here today: low 80s and low humidity, I'm off tomorrow, and grilling turkey sausages after Pilates. I reckon I'll have a couple peach vodka and seltzers.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-going for another!!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0, even though I wanted wine
    Tuesday - will be 0!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=2 beers. I had a pineapple sour from O'dells. Anyone else like sours? They are like a tart shandy to me, I really like them.
    Last night we finished the second season of True Detective. Did anyone else watch it? I didn't hate like all the reviews made out like I would. I liked the first one better, but...
    Probably a 0 tonight, got the scale in the morning...
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-1 vodka tonic...not bad...could have kept going but I decided better!!
    Wednesday-might try for a zero. Depends...it is a gorgeous day and a refreshing beer might be perfect after our walk??!!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    a couple of sweet tea and limeade last night. It has been warm and muggy It is supposed to cool down. Kate, glad you had an "incredibly fun weekend".

Great job on all the zeros.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Ended up drinking a whole bottle on Monday. PT went great but the car broke down. The husband and I were ready for drinks when we were done dealing with that.
    0-Tuesday
    1-2-Wednesday? Probably a glass or 2 tonight. I'm down another pound!! I want to keep it up.