1st Weigh In

Options
What is your current weight this week? Have you gained, lost, or maintained? What's your goal for next week and how do you plan to achieve it?

Replies

• mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit annoyed because I have been 192lbs for almost 2 weeks now but I won't go crazy and do what I normally do which is sulk and give up for a month... I stick with it because I know how hard it was to get the first 16lbs off and this can't last for much longer surely!!!!!

I'm not going to weigh for a couple of weeks but keep watching my diet as a way not to actually focus on my weight.
  • LadyDaenerys
    LadyDaenerys Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    So today I didn't go to work because I had a complex ocular migraine last night.... I know I might be hypoglycemic and I had fairly low blood pressure when I went to the doctor two weeks ago. I wonder if my diet is responsible. I don't suffer from migraines typically so idk what happened. Heard it might have something to do with ketosis so I spent today barely moving and carb refeeding. ... so what's a complex ocular migraine? It's the scariest crap right next to sleep paralysis. Google it... I had it in both my eyes... my lips and left hand went numb and I couldn't see in the center if my vision... it happened after I drank my protien shake that I sweetened with stevia and I had just worked out for an hour at an intense rate.... it's weird
  • old_me
    old_me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    xxnecraxx wrote: »
    So today I didn't go to work because I had a complex ocular migraine last night.... I know I might be hypoglycemic and I had fairly low blood pressure when I went to the doctor two weeks ago. I wonder if my diet is responsible. I don't suffer from migraines typically so idk what happened. Heard it might have something to do with ketosis so I spent today barely moving and carb refeeding. ... so what's a complex ocular migraine? It's the scariest crap right next to sleep paralysis. Google it... I had it in both my eyes... my lips and left hand went numb and I couldn't see in the center if my vision... it happened after I drank my protien shake that I sweetened with stevia and I had just worked out for an hour at an intense rate.... it's weird

Maybe it is your diet? Hopefully your doctor will help you figure it out soon. Maybe a naturopath might help too? :o
  • old_me
    Options
    I'm a bit annoyed because I have been 192lbs for almost 2 weeks now but I won't go crazy and do what I normally do which is sulk and give up for a month... I stick with it because I know how hard it was to get the first 16lbs off and this can't last for much longer surely!!!!!

I'm not going to weigh for a couple of weeks but keep watching my diet as a way not to actually focus on my weight.

I find that sometimes I plateau or gain around menstruation....or when I need to change my exercise routine. A surprise change helps kick out of a plateau. Plateaus are a normal part of losing weight. You WILL get past it :)
  • old_me
    Options
    Weigh-in: 158.4 lbs
    Down almost 2 lbs from 160 lbs a week ago.

This is a good week after having been on a plateau for a few weeks since I quit Jenny Craig.
    Though, I'm finding that having to create meal ideas for myself and different meals for my family is becoming more challenging and may be my nemesis in this journey!
  • fitnessaddict_87
    fitnessaddict_87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Current weight 144lbs so I've gained 4lbs this week which I'm annoyed at myself for.
    My gaol is to lose that 4lbs by this time next week by eating clean.
  • MotivatingOthers
    MotivatingOthers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    old_me wrote: »
    Weigh-in: 158.4 lbs
    Down almost 2 lbs from 160 lbs a week ago.

This is a good week after having been on a plateau for a few weeks since I quit Jenny Craig.
    Though, I'm finding that having to create meal ideas for myself and different meals for my family is becoming more challenging and may be my nemesis in this journey!

Great job!!
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    Current weight 144lbs so I've gained 4lbs this week which I'm annoyed at myself for.
    My gaol is to lose that 4lbs by this time next week by eating clean.

Next week is your week!! :)
  • Plump2FitPanaQT
    Plump2FitPanaQT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm down 6.4lbs this week! I know since this is my first week that was mostly water weight, but I can't wait to see what my scale says next Saturday. :grimace::grimace:
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    I'm down 6.4lbs this week! I know since this is my first week that was mostly water weight, but I can't wait to see what my scale says next Saturday. :grimace::grimace:

Great job!! Don't get discouraged if it doesn't go down as much next week since your right, most of that was probably water weight. But keep it up :)
  • SirKalel
    SirKalel Posts: 22 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I weighed in on Friday and lost 5 lbs. it wasn't a perfect week by any stretch of imagination, but it is a good start. I am sure water weight has something to do with it but i am going to press forward. Weekends always seem to be hard for me due to hectic schedules (big reason why i weigh in on Fridays :) ) but i will continue to try and correct that.

I hope to see another 5 pounds this coming Friday. I plan to continue watching what i eat and get at least three strong cardio sessions in while building on my strength training.

Feeling frustrated with today's meals due to a potluck/party that i attended, but it looks like i still was under my calorie goal for the day (tracking the food as well as possible). One day at a time. I am motivated to have a good day tomorrow!
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    SirKalel wrote: »
    I weighed in on Friday and lost 5 lbs. it wasn't a perfect week by any stretch of imagination, but it is a good start. I am sure water weight has something to do with it but i am going to press forward. Weekends always seem to be hard for me due to hectic schedules (big reason why i weigh in on Fridays :) ) but i will continue to try and correct that.

I hope to see another 5 pounds this coming Friday. I plan to continue watching what i eat and get at least three strong cardio sessions in while building on my strength training.

Feeling frustrated with today's meals due to a potluck/party that i attended, but it looks like i still was under my calorie goal for the day (tracking the food as well as possible). One day at a time. I am motivated to have a good day tomorrow!

Great job!! Keep it up this week too!
  • LadyDaenerys
    Options
    xxnecraxx wrote: »

Maybe it is your diet? Hopefully your doctor will help you figure it out soon. Maybe a naturopath might help too? :o

Yea I got blood work yesterday I go to see my dr Tuesday and they said they will be referring me to a neurologist for sure. I read that artifical sweetners can cause it but also a bunch of other things... so scarry!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Down 2.9 pounds this week which brings me to 128.2 pounds. I'm almost at my first goal which is 120 pounds. I hope I continue to lose weight this week.
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options

I find that sometimes I plateau or gain around menstruation....or when I need to change my exercise routine. A surprise change helps kick out of a plateau. Plateaus are a normal part of losing weight. You WILL get past it :)

Thanks old_me gonna switch it up daily now and only eat 1200 cals as I noticed I always eat my workout cals!!!!!!
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    Down 7lbs in 3 weeks which puts me at 160lbs!! Next goal in 3 weeks is to be at 150lbs. I'm going to try and eat better and keep doing my 21 Day Fix workouts! I also lost a total of 7 inches, feel like I've gained muscle, and feel awesome!! Round 2 starts Monday.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Down 7lbs in 3 weeks which puts me at 160lbs!! Next goal in 3 weeks is to be at 150lbs. I'm going to try and eat better and keep doing my 21 Day Fix workouts! I also lost a total of 7 inches, feel like I've gained muscle, and feel awesome!! Round 2 starts Monday.

That's awesome! Round 2 starts for me the Monday after this one, but I may do 21 Day Fix Extreme. Did you do the double workouts on the last week? I want to but I don't want to sacrifice my running days and three exercises a few days a week may be overkill.

• MotivatingOthers
    Options
    synacious wrote: »

That's awesome! Round 2 starts for me the Monday after this one, but I may do 21 Day Fix Extreme. Did you do the double workouts on the last week? I want to but I don't want to sacrifice my running days and three exercises a few days a week may be overkill.

I did them a couple times but I have volleyball and softball I play so only time for one of the workouts those days :)
  • tmtost79
    tmtost79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    So my weigh in was this morning...down 1.4lbs. Very happy since Saturday was a Meat Smoke Off at a friends...seemed like all we did was eat. Glad there was a pool that we spent the majority of the time in! Good luck to everyone this week!
  • LadyDaenerys
    Options
    So I started 3 weeks ago with my new and improved weight loss and fitness journey and I've finally broke through a bit of a plateau I was battling with. So here are my results so far between July 10th and Aug 10th!

Weight: 161lbs now 157lbs = 4 total pounds lost
    Waist: 31.5in now 30.25in = 1.25 total inches lost
    Hips: 41in now 40.25in = .75 total inches lost
    Arms: 12.5in now 12in = .5 total inches lost
    Back: 37in now 35.75in = 1.25 total inches lost
    Legs: 24in now 24in = 0 total inches lost
    Neck: 13in now 12.75in = .25 total inches lost

TOTALS: 4 Total Pounds Lost and 4 Total Inches Lost in 3 Weeks

Check out my Facebook at www.facebook.com/focust101

5535495.png