Hey everyone!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• gabby1833
    gabby1833 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    gabby1833 wrote: »
    Hey there, My name is Gabby and I am 22 years old. I have a 5 and 2 year old. I work part time and go to College. Before my pregnancies I was always very slim but now I'm the "thick" type. I really wish to go back to 135lbs. I know it will not happen over night. Last year I was able to lose 20 lbs in 2 months but had to stop my journey because I needed a cirgury and could not work out because of the long recuperation. After that I stopped eating healthy and eventually gained those 20lbs back. I really want to continue trying to lose weight without stopping until the scale says my weight is 135lbs. It is nice meeting y'all and I hope you reach your goals. ;)

Welcome :) I'm also in college! What's your major?

This is my first year back since I got pregnant the second time. My major is accounting. But with the kids and my home chores and work and the family business I'm only taking a couple of classes this year until I catch up.
  • smacdaddio
    smacdaddio Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 51 and started a nutrition program that has benefited me in just 2 weeks. If you are interested in learning about this program message me and we can setup a contact time.
  • LadyDaenerys
    LadyDaenerys Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    old_me wrote: »
    Hey guys!!! I'm Shia and I live in Las Vegas!! B) I'm 27yo and pretty much struggled w/my weight since childhood. The hardest part for me is the clean eating (this is where I fail). I can't tell y'all how many times I have had a craving and just had to satisfy it then fell waaaaaaaay off the wagon. I strive in everything that I do (except this!!!) :'(:'( and it is bothering me big time that I can't get my weight and diet under control. With at least 100lbs to lose I am tired of stopping then waiting on "Monday" to start again. I'm finally understanding that this is a lifestyle change and even though I WILL DEFINITELY stumble, I need to stay focused & determined to get to where I need to be. I am hopeful that MFP will help me stay motivated. Let's do this!!! :triumph::triumph:

Hi Shia, I became stuck in the stop-and-start cycle as well. I found that thinking of the end goal is sometimes discouraging, and I think that's what fuelled my inconsistent efforts in losing weight. This time around, I think of it as losing 10 lbs at a time instead of how much I need too lose in total. So far I've lost 20, but I broke it down by rewarding myself after each 10 lbs.: First 10 lbs - spa time for me ...2nd 10 lbs bought myself a couple of new jeans (smaller size yay!). When I lose my 3rd set of 10, I want to get my hair cut and straightened. The milestone approach helps me focus on the next reward and encourages me to keep going. Maybe this approach might help you too?

Rewarding yourself is a great idea! I like to use rewards that will further my good health and fitness instead of a cheat day or something. For me one cheat day turns into many! I have no will power after I eat a pancake or a pizza lol.
  • fitnessaddict_87
    fitnessaddict_87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

serendil wrote: »

Hey Kat! I did the same thing - list it all, heh regained it all. It makes it almost more frustrating, but let's keep each other motivated this second time around!

I does make it more frustrating I think especially when you think of l the work that you put in. Yeah hopefully keeping each other motivated will help, I'm determined to lose this weight and keep it off.

• tanyamclattenburg
    tanyamclattenburg Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Small rewards work for me too. At 10lbs lost I bought myself a fitbit Charge. Not sure what my treat will be at 20lbs yet but we'll see.
  • LadyDaenerys
    LadyDaenerys Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just bought myself a fitbit charge HR, the plum one, and I love it! I wanted to track my heart rate to ensure I wasn't over doing my workouts