New to group

Options
TamiJillSM08
TamiJillSM08 Posts: 210 Member
hi all! Joined the group a little while ago, been lurking but haven't posted in here yet. Little about me, I'm 39, married for 7 years, hoping to control my eating and lose weight to have a baby someday. Ultimate goal is to lose about 130lbs, but I've set my goal right now to lose 10% of my starting weight, then readjust and lose 10% again, etc to work on it in smaller chunks. I've been on MFP consistently for over 3 years, lost 40 in 2012 but gained it all back. Quickly.

The reason I joined this group is because, while I know the proper portions and make the effort to weigh & measure out portions, I tend to get 2nds & 3rds of those "proper" portions before then just sitting down with the rest of the container. I'm an emotional eater, but it's for ALL emotions: sad? eat. Happy? eat. Bored? eat. Stressed? eat. Relieved? eat..... You get the picture.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Welcome @TamiJillSM08 You'll find a very supportive group here. I've lost over 130 lbs through diet and know you can too. Baby steps, day by day
  • TamiJillSM08
    TamiJillSM08 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thank you @toadqueen so much!!! What an amazing accomplishment you've made - Congratulations!!! I hope I can say that someday! :)
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!!
    I find if I restrict to much then I binge more. So I have mine set to about 1500 Calories.
    Also if I'm tired I can't resist it either. So it's important to get enough sleep.
    I like your mini goals, that's a great idea.
  • LetterToCorinth
    LetterToCorinth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    BlackPup wrote: »
    You can do this!!!!

Also if I'm tired I can't resist it either. So it's important to get enough sleep.

Ohmigosh, I am right there with you. I don't know what it is. When I'm tired, I just want to eat. :)