Where to settle?

Options
PaulaKro
PaulaKro Posts: 5,687 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
id483kecz86z.jpg

a2mbpzpsna1j.jpg

Here's me with my brother a few years ago and with my nieces (his daughters) a few months ago.

I chose sleeve because doctors said people usually lose 80% excess weight instead of just 60% with lapband. But I'm here to tell you it's possible to loose 100%.

I'm 5'9" and got down to 138 pounds (couldn't eat due to medical issues) which was scary because my upper body was so gaunt, bones were jutting out. So it seemed like 140-150 would be a good range. But at 153#, the hollows in my face have filled in and people seem to like it better.

Love hearing from people who are happy with their results.

Best wishes to you all!

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It all depends on you. Take pictures and figure out where you are happiest with yourself. Everyone is different, so it's hard to just throw a number out there. From your 2 pics, you have really come a long way and look great.
  • Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »
    It all depends on you. Take pictures and figure out where you are happiest with yourself. Everyone is different, so it's hard to just throw a number out there. From your 2 pics, you have really come a long way and look great.

I agree, good job with the weight loss.
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You are an inspiration to those of us who just started our post op journey! I was sleeved on 8/4.
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,687 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody.

@gonzalesvikki, Best wishes with your journey! Isn't it fun?