Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New to group

TamiJillSM08
TamiJillSM08 Posts: 210 Member
hi all! Joined the group a little while ago, been lurking but haven't posted in here yet. Little about me, I'm 39, married for 7 years, hoping to control my eating and lose weight to have a baby someday. Ultimate goal is to lose about 130lbs, but I've set my goal right now to lose 10% of my starting weight, then readjust and lose 10% again, etc to work on it in smaller chunks. I've been on MFP consistently for over 3 years, lost 40 in 2012 but gained it all back. Quickly.

The reason I joined this group is because, while I know the proper portions and make the effort to weigh & measure out portions, I tend to get 2nds & 3rds of those "proper" portions before then just sitting down with the rest of the container. I'm an emotional eater, but it's for ALL emotions: sad? eat. Happy? eat. Bored? eat. Stressed? eat. Relieved? eat..... You get the picture.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Welcome @TamiJillSM08 You'll find a very supportive group here. I've lost over 130 lbs through diet and know you can too. Baby steps, day by day
  • TamiJillSM08
    TamiJillSM08 Posts: 210 Member
    Thank you @toadqueen so much!!! What an amazing accomplishment you've made - Congratulations!!! I hope I can say that someday! :)
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    You can do this!!!!
    I find if I restrict to much then I binge more. So I have mine set to about 1500 Calories.
    Also if I'm tired I can't resist it either. So it's important to get enough sleep.
    I like your mini goals, that's a great idea.
  • LetterToCorinth
    LetterToCorinth Posts: 130 Member
    BlackPup wrote: »
    You can do this!!!!

Also if I'm tired I can't resist it either. So it's important to get enough sleep.

Ohmigosh, I am right there with you. I don't know what it is. When I'm tired, I just want to eat. :)