Do you get off of work and go home just to sit down again?

Options
124»

Replies

• BikeTourer
    BikeTourer Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I like to go for a 15-20 mile bike ride.
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    YUP. my excuse is that i've had a long day at work and I have a dog that hasn't seen me all day.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Maybe go running with your dog?
    kkzmom11 wrote: »
    YUP. my excuse is that i've had a long day at work and I have a dog that hasn't seen me all day.

• CullinsK
    CullinsK Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I go straight to the gym after work before I go home. I know if I go home first I'm not going to the gym. I'm not getting up early. I work 13 hr shifts and still go to the gym after work. I look at as if I have to invest in my weight and health. I look at things as if I sit home I'll be investing more into a couch or buying another Couch instead of investing into my health
  • kkzmom11
    Options
    j75j75, my Ziggy isn't a runner. my other dog (RIP) Kirby WAS a runner. I am not a runner. But i can certainly take Ziggy on a good walk. She loves that.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I exercise in the morning, sometimes yoga after work, errands, walk the dog and then sit down. because once I sit I'm not getting back up again
  • kkzmom11
    Options
    Cobehale wrote: »
    YES! I work steady midnights at a desk job - it is totally dependant on the computer so I have no opportunities to move around. I am supposed to head straight home and sleep so I am available when the kids get home from school, then it is homework and supper and bedtime routines and then back to sleep for a bit before going into work again. The only time I find I have time/energy to work out is on my days off...when they aren't filled with children's appointments, sicknesses, class trips, groceries etc, etc, etc!

Cobehale, can you do any exercises while at your computer at work? Do you have a headset that is wireless and allows you to move around?
  • michaeljscully
    michaeljscully Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My job is sedentary, which drives me nuts. I really want to have a treadmill desk, but we're just not set up for that kind of thing. I should get up more at home, too.
  • krystal193
    krystal193 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I got bored with my workouts. I needed more motivation and incentives. It happens to all of us at some point.
    I found out about Bounts and now I have to get at least 7,000 steps per day or run/walk for at least 20 minutes per day in order to earn points that I can trade for gift cards. Want to join me?

Its free to join, just click HERE to visit the Bounts website.

Enter my referral code chastain1335 when you sign up and get 100 points when you do your first activity!
  • kiara1066
    kiara1066 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hello, I joined a Gym and I enjoy taking walks at work when I can plus printing from a distance keeps one active.
  • riverspirit63
    riverspirit63 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I work out of my home doing medical transcription so most of my day is spent sitting down. When not working, I always try to move, move, move in one activity or another.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I always feel like crashing when I get home from work. Right now, I've been doing 9pm workouts because I work full time as an English teacher, have a 2.5 year old daughter, a husband working 6 days a week starting his own business, and live-in in-laws helping with his business/child care. It's hard to find any time for myself without feeling guilty of putting the burden on someone else and my stress levels are through the roof!!! I was put on acid reflux medicine and blood pressure meds at night (they think I have sleep apnea from the weight gain, which is spiking my blood pressure). If anyone would be willing to add me as a friend and we can find ways to inspire one another, I would appreciate it!
  • kellibee2000
    kellibee2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I find like @katekizm that i have to stay on my feet as soon as i get home & stay there until I'm done with everything that needs doing. If i hit the couch, it takes an act of God to get anything done after. It's like the day his me when i sit down.
  • WJewel88
    WJewel88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh, yes I do...I typically work 8:00 to 5 or 5:30. My job is mentally draining and all I want to do is de-program....I am hoping that with the weather getting nicer (as soon as it stops flipping snowing) I will be more motivated with the warm weather and longer days.