Day 4 of challenge August 9 thru 15

Options
carimiller7391
carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
Good morning. I'm eating strawberries and thinking.... Be back soon!!

Replies

• carimiller7391
    Options
    YUMMMMMM strawberries are so darn good. Just a few kills the urge for sweets. Finally my taste buds are changing. YEAH ME!! I don't have the urge (right now) for candy anymore. So happy about that. I use to be a candyaholic/junkaholic/carbaholic. It's a dream come true not to be held captive by those anymore. Now I'm learning that meat and fat keep me much more satisfied and I don't crave the junk foods.

I'd like to thank Nancy for the info about decluttering. I plan on working on my crawl space this weekend and plan on catagorizing and tackling one catagory at a time. Christmas is the biggest thing I have in there so tackle away.

I have a long weekend this weekend YEAH ME!!! and hopefuly will be cooking some meals for next week. I bought some 80/20 ground beef that I'm making taco salad minus the shell out of and 3 really awesome looking NY strip steaks. I also bought the book of 1001 low carb recipes and plan on trying some "sides" out of there along with this really awesome cauliflower/mozzarella/pepperoni bake.

How's your day going??
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    My day went fairly well, thanks. I have started to drink a protein shake each day and am hoping it curbs the appetite. Sticking to not eating after 6 pm too.

I am going to start my 'cookware/dishware' "category" this weekend and declutter those. I have so much of those items, I can not bring them all home, so I need to seriously get them all out and have a look at what I will save and what I will put in my garage sale in a month. I love to entertain, so I have enough plates/dinnerware for 20 people which includes the silverware, drinking cups/glasses etc.....but SEVERAL sets of this amount.

I also have the option of donating to our local PAWS (people animal welfare society)...that helps trap and neuter feral cats/dogs. After my cookware stuff....I have the category of miscellaneous knick knack stuff to sort thru. Trouble is....can't quiet sell that stuff here, coz many of my staff have given me these items and don't want to insult anyone by 'selling' them in my garage sale! I get trinkets from all over the world. Everyone seems to think I need more and more 'cat' carvings/statues/bowls/ etc.....Guess I may end up donating most of these knick knacks! Oh well...looks to be a busy weekend for me as i continue to declutter!!

Cheers,
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Cari - strawberries are a trigger food for me...I have to tread carefully! I'm finding my sweets cravings are far better managed when I make myself avoid them altogether. It has gotten easier, but some days i still have some... Work in progress, right?

And KUDOS to starting to feel free of all the mental crap that goes along with some foods. Crazy, isn't it?

Nancy - I'm just chuckling a bit because too much of EVERYTHING here. And yes, people get their feelings hurt because they look at that gift as part of themselves, not realizing that that times how many friends and such you have makes it hard on you... Maybe you should say, "Thank you for all your gifts over the years. Due to space issues when traveling, I'm selecting my favorite gift from you out of many to keep close to my heart. I wanted to let you know how much you and these things mean to me, but I can't take everything, as I have to take part of all my friends. I wanted to offer you the chance to reclaim any of the items that may have special meaning to you..."

Many times they'll say, Thanks, go ahead, donate them or whatever... Just a thought. (Wording is rough, sorry!)

Finished my stupid class to wrap up my legal matter next week...so one thing down. I have to decompress some over how pointless it was and what a waste of time before I can pick my next item!

Happy Wednesday, all.
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Carly, I can't eat too many strawberries unless I have shortcake to go with them.... that defeats the purpose of watching carbs. My grandmom did the same thing with the gifts from over the years, except she put names on them as to whom she wanted to get them. 99% went back to the person who gave the gift. I love the idea of returning them though. I'm glad you were able to complete your class. Sounds like at least one "monkey" is off your back.

I agree, the mental is so much more complicated when it comes to eating/losing weight. I give you huge KUDOS for taking the needed time to reflect and gain mental clarity before trying to lose. I was thinking earlier about trying to start getting into KETO on Friday. Keeping carbs to 20g or less. But then I read 3 articles on Bipolar and carbs/keto. It definitely should have a positive impact on my moods and weight loss. I think I may wait a week. Not sure. I have a 3 day weekend this weekend to get carbs at home under control. Next week, not so pretty and nice.

I do have a ?? Bigelow teas.... Specifically cranberry/apple. Are they OK to drink with a hint of AS?

Tonight I plan on doing some journalling along with stopping over Reggie's house. We are not as close as we once were due to his lies and BS. He wants another chance, I just want a normal man who doesn't lie, cheat, steal or con. Toooo much to ask for?

• KnitOrMiss
    Options
    My favorite way to eat strawberries is either by themselves, dipped in whip cream, or blended up in a strawberry cheesecake fat bomb - and these are like Pringles - eating just one? Nope.

One monkey, definitely done, but not all. Working as I can.

Believe it or not, keto is easier than low carb. When you drop in that low, it literally assassinates most your cravings within a couple days. You might have to watch electrolytes close when you first drop. Since most mental disorders in women are at least amplified by hormones, it makes sense that going low carb helps, though I know low carb helps other things, too. Me, once I realized how close I was to keto, I decided to give it a try, and jumped in the next day. I went low carb 1/15/15, and Keto 2/18/15. I've had two off plan days, but I haven't knocked myself fully out... Keto also gives you control. By knowing your limits clearly, it removes that gray area. It's black or it's white. Also, being under 40 grams consistently will eventually get you into keto, but 20 grams is the "gold standard" number...moves you in quickly keeps you there without much problems.

I drink tea whenever I want to. Sometimes not often, sometimes multiple glasses a day. If I'm feeling luxurious, I'll add some heavy cream, if not, as is. I ALWAYS use a small bit of AS. The tannin levels in tea cause a weird reaction in my mouth if I don't use some kind of sweetener. That being said, let me tell you - I have discovered that I react to pretty much everything in some way - usually cravings. Ironically, Aspartame doesn't generally mess with me, but it tastes like crap! LOL But, the best one I have found is Sweet Leaf Stevia. I don't trigger with it, and you can't use too much, it starts tasting weird... It is the only with with a true 0 glycemic impact, and even the fillers in organic stevias were problems for me, but Splenda (surcralose) as the worst! I generally can't use the liquid ones because whatever is in "natural flavors" triggers migraines in me... So I get packets. Been almost a month and since I cut back my sweeteners, I havent' even gone through a whole box. :)

I hadn't heard about all this mess with Reggie... :( Lies and BS will alter a relationship like no one's business.... I"m sorry to hear that. And as optimistic as I try to be, my cynical side says no, you can't find a normal man who doesn't do those things - unless he's a priest - or a geeky 19 year old virgin (I have a soft spot for nerds)... All men have their weak spots. It's your job to decide what is worth living with. Some things just aren't.

Cheating is a huge one for me. My ex had an 18-month on-off affair with my former best friend. We were separated twice during that time, but not due to her. I found out after he ended it...and still was stupid enough to reconcile with him, have a kid, and waste the next ten years of my life on him.

My fiance is a traditional storyteller (he's Native and also within his faith), and he really knows how to add flourishes to carry a story along... But he doesn't cheat, steal, or con...his dad was a con man. Like legitimately. So he won't put up with that either... I just don't always understand his ways, nor he mine, but it is a tolerable difference...

hugs
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Nancy Im fairly sure people will understand you yard saleing a lot of your stuff. Like you say you have so much you cant take it all with you.

Cari sounds like the plan is going well. Seriously with Reggie though do you care enough to make all this drama worth it? You seem to have had like 5 years worth in a very short space of time. Is it going to be worth all the heartache and stress? Hard questions to ask yourself. Heavens knows I'd never tell anyone to leave a spouse as Ive had plenty tell me to leave Mr J after a rocky few years but it seems you guys are pretty up and down considering how early in the relationship you are and Im wondering if its really good for you. For the record I ignored the people who told me to leave him and Im glad I did as we turned a corner but Ive been with the auld git 11 years now so rough patches arent surprising. Id just hate to see you carry on down this path and get hurt by getting into something thats toxic

Carly glad you seem to be resolving your legal issues. Hopefully life will give you some breathing space now.

Still working on this co dependent diet with the hubby. He seems to be willing but has no concept of portion sizes. He weighed out 250g DRY rice tonight for us both and only stopped because I went WHOOOOOAAAAAAA!!!!!! Id made us 150g for a meal to share between us the other night and it was the pefect amount. Might take a while to work out the niggles but hes trying i guess. Ive bought him a fitbit style watch for his birthday and given it to him now (his birthday is sept) so maybe he might get some awareness

I think ive covered everything but im still struggling a bit atm. Foodwise am doing better and started logging again but theres some stuff going on with my youngest daughter thats tough and im still fighting this exhaustion and joint pain. Last night the shooting pains were all the way from ankles to knees and kept me from sleeping initially. Not helping matters. Tonight its my neck, shoulders and elbows. So have continued to lurk for now. Readings still hard work too. I actually read a chapter of a book tonight and it was really hard going which is so frustratng. I have bought one of those mindfulness colouring books instead

Oh yeah knew i missed something, hope you are ok Karen been thinking of you
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    mindfulness coloring book? I"ll have to look that up! (hugs), LIse...
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Carly and Lise, thanks for the support with Reggie. I know what I need to do..... RUN, not walk away. Just waiting to do it in person.

I plan on jumping into KETO tomorrow. I have a nice 3 day weekend and have time to plan some keto meals. I'm soooo looking forward to the benefits of keto. **Thanks Carly for the heads up on the mood swings when getting in**

Last night I went to the local Walgreens (a drugstore here in DE). They have 18 month planners on sale for $3.99 and I bought one. It is exactly what I spend 3 months looking for each fall. A monthly and weekly planner all rolled up into one.

I also plan on looking for a part time job or start doing some overtime here. Something one night a week and a few hours Saturday/Sunday. No more than maybe 10 hours a week. Just enough to add a little extra to the pay. I'd like to find something fun to do though for a few hours a week as my normal job (although OT money is awesome), is not what I'd call fun or interesting.

Mindfulness coloring book... I'll be doing an internet search also. I LOVE to color.
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited August 2015
    Options
    It's hell admitting things like that about Reggie, but I'm glad you know yourself well enough and are strong enough these days to do what you need to do for yourself!!!

Love that about the planner, but I'm terrible with them. I make lists but never use them. I start a planner and neglect it. I create budgets but don't enforce them... UGH, all of it...

Good luck. Around here I can't find a part time thing to save my BUTT!!!! I did just finally get a small raise (first since 2011), but our medical coverage costs went up too, so it was like a wash... Frustrating.