Day 5 of challenge August 9 thru 15

Options
carimiller7391
carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
Good morning ladies and gents!!!

I posted this morning about jumping into KETO tomorrow. SO effen excited. I know. Turn my world upside down food wise and I'm excited.... RIGHT??? LOL. Saturday morning I'll be going to Zumba and Stretch at the gym. Thought both might do me well. I'm just so excited to have a 3 day weekend with NOTHING to do. I'm going to explode. LOL.

I also haven't shared because if I don't share, it's not real.... right. Well, my father has been in the hospital for 10 days today in heart failure. They are supposed to be putting in a device called a LVAD. He has a lot of testing to go thru before he can have this done, make sure his right side of his heart is strong enough for the procedure. He is supposed to come home this afternoon on meds and with a "pic line" for meds until he has the procedure. I'm really nervous for him. His spirits are up.. he's excited about the surgery. The doctor told him that he would feel 20 years younger. I guess I'd just like to ask for some spare prayers for him. I know all of us are going thru something right now and that it's hard enough to manage to get thru our individual days, but if you can spare a prayer, please do.

Well off to drink my 2nd 20oz bottle of water for the day. Be back later!!! <3

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'm sending up a waterfall of good thoughts for your dad!!! And your family, and the medical staff, too!!!

I was the same way, so excited!!! Good luck to you.

Since I can't afford these "mindfulness coloring books" right now, I'm downloading some of the images to print out...doing it the poor man's way! LOL

Doing okay today, other than realizing I totally screwed up my current paycheck's budget. There is just no possible way to stretch it to the required things, so I'm having to figure out how to get creative. No answers yet, but I'm in a much better place than yesterday, and so I'm working through it as best I can. Trying to focus on water today because my last several days have been atrocious!

Hugs, all.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Postive thoughts and prayers going out to your dad Cari.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    https://www.pinterest.com/wuppie5/kleurplaten/

I found a ton of images but this pinterest page is awesome!

(hugs) to peek-a-boo Nancy!
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Thanks Carly and Nancy!!! Much appreciated.